test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue vs The Rimehound

stuffpuffsaysstuffpuffsays Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So I'm kinda amazed by the stunlock/damage output that the Rimehound (quest boss in ice area, level 48ish) can do, basically he sometimes stuns you out of nowhere and then stunlocks you with his other abilities/abilities of adds. I'm kinda wondering, is there any way to solo him without resorting to the cheesy permastealth method? Or are these end-level quest mobs not meant to be soloable anymore? He seems super hard, not sure if he's impossible without resorting to cheesy stuff - just looking if some of you have similar experiences as mine, or had significantly less trouble dealing with him :)
Post edited by stuffpuffsays on

Comments

• nikosquirrelnikosquirrel Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In comparison to the rest of those "bosses" he is way overpowered.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I died like 4x before taking him down on my wizard too, actually. Believe I was still using the cleric companion at that point as well.

I think I managed to pull him out of the room mostly by himself (think only one extra winter wolf came) and did a lot of running around and drinking.
  • platefaceiiplatefaceii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah he is stupid, and his adds will seriously mess a rogue up. Just go Path of the Blade and use it on CD, and kite everything around. When stealth is up close in and use your 2 other dailies, and dont even bother auto attacking him. its a stupid fight but not everything can be a roflstomp can it :P?
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to pull the Rimehound and only one wolf out to the plateau just outside his cave. He never summoned any more adds, out there, and I was able to whittle him down. I don't know if it's "cheesy" but I use Stealth, Lurker's Assault and Shadow Strike to stay in stealth as long as I could --- I'm a ROGUE, after all. I'm just glad his AoEs are cone based and not PBAOEs ---- those REALLY screw things up for me.