test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tiefling Mask Clipping

daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Pretty much as the title says. As a Male Tiefling Rogue I find all the lower face masks look terrible because the red chin spike things clip through it. And considering there is no way at all to alter their size there's no way around this. Are the devs going to remove the facial spikes while wearing a lower face mask? Much like they do the hair of anybody wearing a hat? It's a sort of ridiculous thing to still be sitting in the game at this point, surely they must have noticed this during in house testing.
Post edited by daxx360 on

Comments

• ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tieflings are all-round just gitchy and clippy. Don't even get me started on the tail.
  • shadewingt50shadewingt50 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    picks race with horns and tail
    >didnt expect clipping
  • laplanduslaplandus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about cloaks getting stuck on your head when riding a horse? not only thieflings have clipping problems :(
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    picks race with horns and tail
    >didnt expect clipping

It's not the horns or the tail that's causing a problem. The way the horns poke through hats is done well I think, looks like holes have been made for them. Tails... Well tbh I was expecting them to be handled a little more like WoW did it. Have them hanging static while sitting or on a horse. The problem is they create a race with spikes hanging from the chin that you can not change, and then don't take that into consideration when allowing them to equip face masks? Just stupid if you ask me. They can easily be removed when wearing lower face masks, they just haven't done that.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah it's just lazy modelling. I mean if they can make everyone bald when wearing hoods, they can make your chin smooth with wearing a mask.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Yeah it's just lazy modelling. I mean if they can make everyone bald when wearing hoods, they can make your chin smooth with wearing a mask.

Easily! And that's my point, how have they not done this already? Are they intending to? It's such a strange oversight.
  • oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    not only they've limited the horns to mono horns, they never tended to the clipping issues, my typical Tiefling look is impossible to make in this game, and there's no way around it.

I can only keep to the hide helmet thingy till it's sorted, but the horns are what bug me the most, were they trying to mimic that ridiculous DA2 Qunari!? Tieflings look hidious atm, tho I still have hopes... Weirdest thing is I could do it myself, not that hard to create better and more horns, or detach the chin models and make them work like "Facial Hair"... The game is amazing but the modelers are horrendously bad haha

PS: Not to mention the looks of the armor sets, none of them even resemble the art books from D&D and AD&D, it's like playing a completely different universe with an excuse of a D&D based game which doesn't even gets close... 60 levels, paragon lock(something that was meant to be customization became a mandatory path), no prestige classes, if they really want to become D&D, well, the level cap must be reduced, the item locks removed, the paragon lock removed, prestige classes must be introduced. I would say they are so far from being even close to D&D that it would take a couple of years for this game to be done. My guess is that they will launch it with nothing near my expectations. Don't get me wrong tho, I like the game and all...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!