test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do tanks / healers get into dungeon / skirmish ques faster?

losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just checking, i assume so but who knows...
"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
Post edited by losse1 on

Comments

• thegrantisimothegrantisimo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a healer, I hope not. The wait is horrendous I cant even imagine for others o.o
  • ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Speaking from personal experience as a healer, no. I assume it's due to the low number of maxed players at the moment, which is to be expected.
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • muntaamuntaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    My GF gets almost instant que pops

My Rogue however can wait in que till he gets kicked for being over level.. or i just organise a guild/friends run
  • salamansalaman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing a guardian and I always get in instantly. Tank privilege yo
  • dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As another Guardian i also experience near instant queues.
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same. GF gets in nearly instant, rarely have to wait longer than 20 seconds and it's usually less than 5 seconds. My CW though... Ugh.
  • solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Longest wait on GF so far , 1 minute (usually under 30 seconds),
    Longest wait for TR and GWF, until I'm too high level for the skirmish/dungeon (when I do get in before that happens, its after about 1 hour or so).

Also, the way it assigns players to groups can be a little strange; on seperate occasions, I have ended up in a group with 4 rogues and 1 cleric (playing TR), and with 3 clerics, 1 GF and 1 GWF (playing GWF):confused:
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in a group with 5 CW last night. After a few mins I could tell it wasnt going to work and just left group :(

Yeah as a CW now that I hit the level 30 dungeon, last night I waiting about 45 mins to get into a group. We shall see how it goes.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a guardian fighter i never waited more then 1 min to any kind of queue.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the finder makes any type of requirements for a group.
    I have done 12 pugs with group finder.
    3 had no healer, so that's not required.
    I can't speak for tank as I am a Guardian, but it's hard to imagine they require a GF to make a group when there is a semi-tank available, but not require a cleric when there is no other healer in the game.

I have waited almost no time, and waited more than 2 hours. SO that seems purely dependent on amount of people waiting.
  • seniorpowerseniorpower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This reminds me a lot like Tera when it first came out. The tank would get instant queue popups while dps classes would have to wait for hours. Even the healers had to wait a bit, around half the time of DPS. However, unlike Tera, the tank class in NW is pretty much worthless. The Cleric is actually the tank in most cases. Groups are better off with another TR, CW, or even a dps DC for that 5th slot. If they reworked the code that forces groups to get that one GF, queues would be so much faster.