test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Gateway for Windows Phone?

spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
I know it is still technically in Beta but I love how handy it is when im at home and not actually feel like playing and just wanna relax, or when I come home from work and see my stuff being done.

Any ideas if it will be available for Windows Phones in the future, or is just for Android and/or iPhone exclusive?
NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
"You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
Post edited by spikespire on

Comments

• athrailathrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't it browser based? Does it really matter what OS you got in your phone? IMO it's irrelevant. Or are you talking about specific app for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Warriors at heart. Gamers by choice.
  • spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    athrail wrote: »
    Isn't it browser based? Does it really matter what OS you got in your phone? IMO it's irrelevant. Or are you talking about specific app for that

I believe somewhere in the original post that Gateway can also be an app...Let me take a look...apparently I need to do my research before posting. It is just browser base for now but rumors are saying that it might be going to Mobile Devices sometime in the future. My apologize for wasting time, and apparently posting in the wrong section X-X
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
    edited May 2013
    I saw someone wrote his own app to access gateway without necesity of launching browser. I'm myself launching browser and using it through browser. Works well for me :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colkernelcolkernel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been able to access the Gateway at all. Probably because I'm on Wind8. Some time when I actually care I'll try forcing my browsers (yes, I've tried in Chrome, Firefox, even (God help me) IE.
    edited May 2013
    I'm using Windows 8 with chrome and no issues for me. IE worked fine too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • modulus321modulus321 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    athrail wrote: »
    I'm using Windows 8 with chrome and no issues for me. IE worked fine too.

It works great on w8 mobile except it does not remember the device. I have to reauthorize it each time. If they fix that it will be awesome.
  • zildan7905zildan7905 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Its my belief that Microsoft is making a statement 'If its web-based, it doesn't get an APP' in just the sheer amount of application compatibility issues associated with the phone and its operating system. As-in, I wish there was a wp8 phone-specific app that is not 'exclusive' to any other than wp8 phone on the market!

While accessing the online gateway through Microsoft's Internet Explorer on my Nokia Lumia 920 powered by wp8 I wonder why it takes so long to load the Auction House, Professions and just about ANYTHING that it requires accessing NWO's network because while 'loading' it will often time out and force reconnecting. This is tedious at best. On my Win7 PC I can romp through NWO's Gateway completely hitchless. That said, I don't to have to constantly ALT+TAB to jump from game to gateway and back. This defeats the purpose of convenience.

Either make an APP that works for my phone's platform and/OR make it work better for mobile use for those phone users that are remanded to mobile websites for sheer LACK of wp8 application compatibility.
This discussion has been closed.