test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lack of weapon and armour choices? Why?

wyndinwillowwyndinwillow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Though I don't agree with the cookie cutter classes that are being forced on us surely there is nothing wrong with letting people wear armour outside their class (if class appropriate- ie wizard probably can't wear plate but a warrior can wear leather or chain mail etc). As a I see if the stats on items are entirely non-class specific so really should have any effect beyond for example plate mail having higher ac.

As to Weapons then, my dual wielding dagger rogue is really quite boring. Why not use one. Or one plus a buckler. Or two short swords, or a rapier and dagger or two hand axes - seriously where is the difficulty here?.

Stepping away from rogues, why can't I have a single weapon fighter without shield, or two weapon fighter, or polearm. Rather than - you are GWF must have big sword or big axe. Or GF and must have longsword plus shield. Give us a little credit please and some variety - what's wrong with a scimitar and round shield?

I'm only level 30 through the game as well and can't really see any cosmetic options ie costume items nor items to change the look of armour (to an arabian style etc).

Some of the above is surely just 'duh its just come out wait for it' - fine, just give some assurance it will happen. Or its the 'duh read 4e where they say there's no such thing as a wizard and they turn into puddles of water if they touch a staff duh' or something like that.

I want a character I get to relate to and can play how I want to play it - I don't want to just be #4950123 GF Longsword+Shield
Post edited by wyndinwillow on

Comments

• Options
    anglachel87anglachel87 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as now I just find that gear in general is really lacking in terms of outfitting and stats management. Expecially while leveling (where you find items with total random stats like the spirit/strenght items in vanilla wow) you can't really weight how stats develop your character in which way. This also is stronger for lower (Lion and the other lvl 42 ones) Seals gear which only has some basic stats which can be overwhelmed by lucky greenies, the crafted gear too till now is not really a choice.

I still haven't passed level 20 so these considerations are far behind endgame but still it feels sort of frustrating.
  • Options
    exterminosexterminos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    i have seen a few minor changes like gloves having spikes etc. but that is it, i did notice when you right click on items it gives you the option to change appearance. However the only options that show up are dye's and weapons cannot be dyed is the message it gives. Well i wonder if there are gonna be future cosmetic options for items and maybe they are gonna charge us to make those changes. Well if everybody looks the same and you wanna be different i wouldn't put it past them to charge us so we don't all look the same. I mean if they are gonna charge us Zen to respec and charge us AD to change out companions names after the initial first name, seems par for the course.
  • Options
    perfectself82perfectself82 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Came hoping for a real poll.

Left disappointed because both options are heavily slanted towards the OP's personal agenda.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad poll is bad. Next time grow up and try to be less biased
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm all for more customization, but this poll is just awful.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the previous three posters.

Honestly I'd kind of like a DCUO style CO approach to armor where we customize it from level 1 onward and each new armor we pick up unlocks more options.

However, since this is Beta and I have seen handaxes for rogues, greataxes for gwfs, and maces for gfs I choose to assume that not all the styles have been released, yet.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    wyndinwillowwyndinwillow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fair call asking for a less obviously biased poll. However 'grow up' doesn't really seem appropriate given that the problem with polls these days is the hidden agenda and subtle manipulation. You can do a poll two ways - pretend to not have a desired outcome or make it plain up front what the outcome is. This is the latter.

Regardless the answer of yes or no was pretty straight forward and whatever your agreement or disagreement with the 'editorial comment' you are free to give your answer clearly.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty childish to imply that people that disagree with you are somehow mentally challenged.
  • Options
    mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It should not be big news that gamers want variety in weapons and armor. The fact that Cryptic has so SEVERELY limited both makes me really wonder about their collective intelligence.