test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ingame team voice chat not working

ssarlssarl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Voice chat not working for me, neither push to talk or open mic.

When looking at participants list in the chat it says that it is empty even when I have people in my party.
Post edited by ssarl on

Comments

• mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. The mic test still works. But I don't see the mic icon next to my portrait and nobody can hear me while speaking in game. It was working fine before the servers crashed this morning.
  • kitkatmariekitkatmarie Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have similar issues I guess, but I can't even get the mic test to work for me.

I have Ventrilo, Mumble, and TeamSpeak (and I used to have Skype). I've never had any problems getting any of them to work whenever I use them. I tried setting the game to "Run as Administrator" as a helpful player suggested, but that didn't seem to help.

I was so happy when I saw that this game had voice chat built into it but it seems like this game hates my computer! Please help!
  • neroarcanneroarcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well it is beta so probably the voice chat service is not worken yet
  • raellaraella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here - the voice chat was working fine until this weekend as far as I noticed. Now I have no icon on my character to indicate that voice chat is enabled, although the mic test works. Now neither me nor my husband can get it to work on our separate PCs.

Has voice chat been disabled?
  • zalintozalinto Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue

audiou.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gelatinouscoatgelatinouscoat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to check if there was an ETA on voice being fixed?
  • morpheusxp#1352 morpheusxp Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never had any issues with voice chat until today. When my friend and I group up we can each see a voice chat icon beside the other but not ourselves. The mic test works perfectly. Real shame,this game has had the best built in voip of any mmo I've played. Hope you guys can get it working soon.
  • caugencaugen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Same here with german client. No voice chat mic icon near potrait but besides other players. But Mic test works fine. Please fix this. I don't like typing on keyboard while on the battlefield.. :(
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i assumed i was muted and was duly pissed off >.< i read somewhere about global 24h mutes if enough people muted you

either that is happening to everyone here or i am safe and the client has yet one more **** up and doesnt deserve to charge money for this 'founder launch'
  • juliamateusjuliamateus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a sticky in General Discussion here , but to sum up, in the words of an admin;

"Voice chat and Foundry Search are currently offline. Our team is looking into these issues and we hope to have a fix soon. Currently there is no ETA, but we will let everyone know as new information is discovered."
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i noticed it was working after 5/06 when the post before was written. around the 10'th of this month it stopped working. was it taken down again?
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • johnadonaldsonjohnadonaldson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am playing the new Shard REDSHIRT and it is not work there either.

Jhaxxar
  • johnadonaldsonjohnadonaldson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BTW REdSHIRT is ASSUME.

Jhaxxar