test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Limited number of objects to transition maps from in Cryptic maps?

ogrerogueogrerogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
If you want to use the Cryptic maps (say the Tower District), you can only use the items they've marked as objects to transition to your user-generated maps. That means, if you spot a building you want to use, with a door, but that door isnt an object in the palette inside Foundry, you cant use it.

In the tower district there are only a couple of doors, a few grates, and some items that seem like strange objects for transitions indeed (plates, cups, etc)

If thats the case, will door objects, etc ultimately be added in to these areas to make them available?
Post edited by ogrerogue on

Comments

• alcsaar0alcsaar0 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could possibly try adding an oject near the door which is invisible, and use that for transition.
  • nirrudnsoknirrudnsok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ogrerogue wrote: »
    some items that seem like strange objects for transitions indeed (plates, cups, etc)

The player was eating and got dosed with knockout poison. BAM, module of the year. I'll sleep on a pile of Astral Diamonds and barmaids in no time flat at this rate.
  • ogrerogueogrerogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alcsaar0 - I BELIEVE based on what Ive seen in the toolset and read in the guide, that its not possible to add an object to a Cryptic map like a door or an invisible object. I understand why they did it, I was just surprised by the limitation, if I am understanding the toolset properly.

Nirrudnsok - I assume such items (which include chests and casks too) are probably meant for "investigating" too. I just meant that they made poor transition objects (although not without precedent, I played a mod with a deck of cards as a transition object)
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I need all kinds of stuff. like a vent in the graveyard... lol. there are tons of things. I would like a boat that you can leave on somewhere. lemme drink coffee and think of more..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...