test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of Neverwinter at level 60.

leoninexeleoninexe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter is first mmo in awhile where i actually enjoyed leveling and farming end game but the current state of end game is absolutely terrible.

Dungeons: The limit of being able to only que for 3 dungeon at a time is absolutely stupid. There are 9 different epic dungeons and it is currently complete lottery trying to find the one people are queing for. I've played multiple games where they use this que limit system(which is horrible in my opinion) but atleast they gave me number of how many people are in que for specific dungeons. We get none of that here. I've missed out on few Dungeon Delves events completely just cause i couldn't get a que to pop.

Pvp: Good news? Atleast we can get into a game here since there is only one que option. The bad news? Pvp is currently filled with rogues that abuse the hell out of the game crashing glitch with smoke bomb. Not only does it crash your game but for whatever reason when you die DC'd you actually get an injury too. If you que for pvp at the moment expect to waste lot of money on injury kits.
Post edited by leoninexe on

Comments

• Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who doesn't take these kind of messages seriously when they say "que" ?

EDIT: Agreed Smoke Bomb OP. Wait til you see 5 man rogue parties
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who doesn't take these kind of messages seriously when they say "que" ?

i saw one this weekend. ;( this is just stupid. above stupid. no words...
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The end-game state of NW is lackluster at the moment, then again, it officially released 5 days ago so we can't expect raids, tonnes of dungeons, balancing in PvP and bug fixes that fast.

Well, bug fixes should be quicker.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leoninexe wrote: »
    Neverwinter is first mmo in awhile where i actually enjoyed leveling and farming end game but the current state of end game is absolutely terrible.

Dungeons: The limit of being able to only que for 3 dungeon at a time is absolutely stupid. There are 9 different epic dungeons and it is currently complete lottery trying to find the one people are queing for. I've played multiple games where they use this que limit system(which is horrible in my opinion) but atleast they gave me number of how many people are in que for specific dungeons. We get none of that here. I've missed out on few Dungeon Delves events completely just cause i couldn't get a que to pop.

Pvp: Good news? Atleast we can get into a game here since there is only one que option. The bad news? Pvp is currently filled with rogues that abuse the hell out of the game crashing glitch with smoke bomb. Not only does it crash your game but for whatever reason when you die DC'd you actually get an injury too. If you que for pvp at the moment expect to waste lot of money on injury kits.

The dungeons will start populating and popping quickly as more folks hit cap, and especially when they combine servers. STO uses the same system and you rarely wait longer than a couple minutes for queues. It's one of the major benefits of a single server system.

The solution to PvP problems in a Cryptic game is to not PvP in Cryptic games. Seriously, just don't. Take a piece of advise from STO and CO players, it's a lost cause.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    The end-game state of NW is lackluster at the moment, then again, it officially released 5 days ago so we can't expect raids, tonnes of dungeons, balancing in PvP and bug fixes that fast.

true. this game is amazing i really like it so far.
    i understand its beta but, this trickster rogue exploit in pvp should really be taken care of faster. it is there for days already and i don't read anything at all about fixing it.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »

The amount of epic dungeons they have at release isn't my definition of lackluster. It's one of the more flushed out launches of an endgame system I've seen.
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013

Already pratically seen it. Assigned to a MM of 3 TRs and 2 GWFs in Lair of the Dragon. Anyone who has done that knows it is not possible without a healer and tank.

MM is still fundamentally broken. That said, half the issue, no I would say the entire issue with the wait times for dungeons is that 80-90% of players are DPS - TR, CW and GWFs. Rarely will you find tanks or healers.

I got my TR to 60 very quickly, hoped that when it went open beta for all the MM would improve but it hasn't. There just isn't enough crucial roles being fulfilled.

I've rerolled a GF tank, and whenever I feel like a dungeon or skirmish - I go to queue, and then insta pop. Whereas DPS is going to wait upwards of 3 hours to get into a dungeon, with no guarantee of a tank or healer.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    I got to say , i understand the healer fact. Not sure if it is my play style(have been healer in most games tho) but when a Cleric(HEALER) has issue keeping the HP up , while my Mage(DPS) ends most fights with full hp(or at least 90%) i see an issue.

Heals are so weak in my mind that damage mitigation has a much bigger impact then the mediocre heals.
  • Options
    bmorepalabmorepala Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are endgame dungeons filled with bosses that do nothing but spawn adds as well?
  • Options
    pagforcepagforce Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just hit 60 on my Great Weapon Fighter and i still have like 2 more places but ,i have heard good and bad things about 60 and i already got my armor and cant wait to see what else happens later on hopefully a level cap risen? Well i guess we will see.
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know this is an oldass thread, but since it's already bumped to the top, may as well.

I'm not really much of a PvPer, but in light of the ongoing double diamond event, I've started dabbling in it a little to do the daily. And I must say, it's not as bad as what I was expecting out of it. I really appreciate the fact that within seconds of queuing regardless of whether the PvP event is on or not that I am in a match. Half of my problems with everything else is the long queue time to even get your foot in the door. Once you've spent nearly an hour getting a group together, you then have to spend an incalculable amount of time in the dungeon which is only worsened by the occasional thick-headed person unwilling to take direction and work as a team.

Nobody has time for all that nonsense. Whether you hold down a job or have all day to play, nobody is going to be bothered spending that much of their day to have nothing to show for it. Some may say people just want instant gratification, but can you blame them? When there's so many other ways to spend your time, why settle for something that gives you no pleasure? May as well stare at the wall for 2 hours straight, there'd really be no difference.

Looking over this thread I see the same complaints a month ago being just as valid today. In two months, nothing fundamental has been fixed; nothing done to address the flaws that really hurt the game at its most core level. And they're already trying to push more content out the door while giving promises of it being exciting and fun while they have yet to do something to make the existing content fun.

Now I'm not saying the game is total garbage. I love the combat system, I really think the game has a lot going for it to distinguish itself from other me-too MMOs. But once you hit 60, it becomes apparent that it was a hollow achievement. There's nothing left to do aside from PvP that doesn't qualify as being grindy. I say grindy because there's nothing there to thrill you and give you that sense of fun despite the inherent grind that comes with it. Even Foundry I go in with the objective of doing my daily and sometimes I might come out pleasantly surprised by a quest or two, but it's usually just "same old, same old".

The queue system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and the content that lies beyond the queue is a steaming dump. Because of that, I don't even bother. If I didn't have friends that played this, I'd already be gone. Yeah, I'm one of those people who bought his gear off the AH, so what? I opted to take the trail that wasn't covered in excrement. The point is, the developers need to address the issues people are having with the game's current content instead of putting their head in the sand and pushing new content with a fake smile on their face. The game needs a bit of an overhaul, and fast. The other day I was doing a foundry quest that made me exclaim to my friend "now THAT'S how you do a boss fight". If Foundry authors (working with an extremely limited set of tools) can get boss gimmicks right, what the hell is Cryptic's excuse?

I used to defend this game a little bit at first with the notion that development takes time. But I see no indication that they are even listening or care about improving the game other than tacking on more shallow content. With every new patch, some trivial something is addressed while more grievous bugs and issues remain unsolved. As this goes on, I can no longer in good conscience defend this game or even recommend it to anyone else. And that's a **** shame.

Ok, I'm done rambling.
  • Options
    erikaalerikaal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to point out one thing as a glaring, obvious statement to PWE, Cryptic, and the Neverwinter guys commitment to their games and players; GG was broken out the gate and they shut it off and we heard not one word what was going on until 4 days later on Monday.

'Nuff said.
  • Options
    inneruniverse0inneruniverse0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bmorepala wrote: »
    Are endgame dungeons filled with bosses that do nothing but spawn adds as well?

I hate that SOOO much. When you have a character that uses mainly ranged attacks its a b***h.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    While we do appreciate feedback please leave threads older than 30 days top rest in peace.

This thread is from back at the game's initial release and a lot of changes have been made to address the feedback in this very thread. While the older fights are still a bit heavy on adds new dungeons have been very much less add dependent.

Please make a new thread if you wish to continue this topic further. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.