test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue PvP exploit

hate90hate90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
When is this rogue smoke bomb exploit going to be fixed ? More and more rogues are using this to crash game clients in PvP and when you tell them not to do it on zone chat they say "sorry I did not know" and... they do it again. Is it possible to send tickets to support with screens to punish most active exploiters ?
Post edited by hate90 on

Comments

• Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is starting to get ridiculous.

How this isn't even hot fixed is beyond me. Simple solution: Disable smoke bomb until the fix is up.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what annoys me is that i don't see they saying a word about this.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think sending GM tickets with names and handles of people you see doing it is a good approach. This notifies the staff of the situation and may lead to consequences for those who exploit this bug.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    crixxiuscrixxius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tbh if its a mather of using a skill that the rogue has in hes arsenal. calling it an exploit is stretching it far. i agree that they should maybe disable it. or atleast disable all graphical effects on it. but punishing ppl for using the skill they got is just stupid
  • Options
    ninjajoeninjajoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's one of the best pvp skills. Saying not to use it is unfair but so is the disconnects. It is not the rouges fault that the spell causing the game to crash. I hear there is an issue with a control wizard skill also. I understand people are exploiting it but there are also people using it because its an amazing pvp skill. You can't punish people for a bug from a skill. There are people who are going into pvp trying to highlight on this skill but there are also people just pvping and using knowledge of this being a good skill. When I first read this skill as I was leveling, I said "This sounds great for pvp but useless for pve." I built my rouge the way I wanted and how I wanted to play. Telling me I shouldn't use a pvp skill because it crashes people's clients or to get rid of the skill is silly. Just fix the bugs so we can pvp without any issue.
  • Options
    nibbasnibbas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    crixxius wrote: »
    tbh if its a mather of using a skill that the rogue has in hes arsenal. calling it an exploit is stretching it far. i agree that they should maybe disable it. or atleast disable all graphical effects on it. but punishing ppl for using the skill they got is just stupid

simple smoke screen doesnt crash client its the combination of smoke screen + something (not gonna tell you)
    has been reported few days ago and still no words
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    crixxius wrote: »
    tbh if its a mather of using a skill that the rogue has in hes arsenal. calling it an exploit is stretching it far.

This bug has been in the game for some time. Last week, you would occasionally get disconnected. Now it happens in every game, several times per match. It isn't coincidence. As mentioned, it is not a matter of just using a specific skill, it requires a bit more.
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and tr are having a lot of fun . i had 5 tr groups premades just crashing all other pvp'ers and bum easy win farm glory sell glory gear on AH..

im just sitting here spending my injury kits after crashes.
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    leoninexeleoninexe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only time the bug happens is if you stack another CC ability while enemy is smoke bombed. So i'm pretty sure it's safe to say people are abusing the **** out of it. It doesn't happen on accident so it isn't stretch at all to call it exploiting. Unless your usual pvp strategy is to stack all your CCs at the same time?
  • Options
    dennisrehbehndennisrehbehn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uxgxc.png
    The utilization of the internet during the time is very very high
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    omg can they fix this dam thing already??
  • Options
    crixxiuscrixxius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am not even high enoug lvl yet. but i generaly spam all i got hehe. not to good of a pvper as you probably will be guessing. but if you have to stack 2 cc to get it to chrash i can agree that ppl could stop doing it for the sake of the game. but what worries me is that it hasnt been fixed. i am considering to buy one of the packages. but if its gonna be long time before they fix major bugsmlike that...

btw can anyone tell me what charater slots cost.i am trying to see how much extra i am paying for the founders pack compared getting the extra slots
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    extra character slots are 600 zen i think
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Only 500 for 2 slots.
  • Options
    chapman9chapman9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a lvl 60 rogue, and i use this ability in 95% of the games i play and it doesnt crash EVERY time i use, i find it really hard to beleive that it is the Smoke bomb that is causing it to crash, so stfu and wait for a fix, its not the rogues just wanting to crash you.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So rogues out there is there an ability that lets you get out of cc? Like everytime I use a repel nothing, use choke and they go up and right back down again, freeze them and they move around with the frozen white color mind you like it never happened....
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    cheadhest1cheadhest1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's happened to me twice today, and both times i was in the think of battle and a rogue has come up and bang, game lockup and crash. Fix this please it's a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>......
  • Options
    timbo2008timbo2008 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahaha QQ harder nubs allways gonna find something to cry about when they get roflstomped
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    So rogues out there is there an ability that lets you get out of cc?

Yes there is one.