test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) exclusive options/elements etc...

xaeosxaeos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hello all. I'd like to compare and record the exclusive elements of the Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow), Hero of the North exclusive race/heritage. As we aren't yet able to create "standard" Drow (which, I am unsure if they are supposed to be other "light" Drow from aboveground somehow, or "standard" Lloth-worshipping "evil" Drow ) I am gathering there may be some gaps in the differences between the two.

During Character Creation, the following are present..

Racial Abilities

Faerie Fire - Chance on hit to apply a debuff exposing the enemy to more damage
Ability Scores - +2 Dex, +2 Cha or +2 Wis
Trance - Recovery at campfires is twice as swift

Physical appearance
There has been some discussion if the MR skin color/eye color/haircolor options are different than that of Drow, but I guess it is all unconfirmed for now. However, there are 6 options for Tattoos which are marked specifically as "Renegade 1" through "Renegade 6". I don't see any other options that seem to be specific to the Renegade labeled as such.

Character Origins

MR seems to have the option to chose "The Northdark" as an origin location, which if I am correct is not available to other races? It has the following text.

The Northdark - Faerun's Underdark is a network of subterranean tunnels, caverns, seas, and rivers that spans the entire world. Beneath the lands North and East of Waterdeep and Neverwinter lies a vast, notorious domain called The Northdark

There are several heritage options available here including...

Escaped Slave - You have survived and escaped one of the infamous slave pits of the Northdark, seeking sanctuary in the surface world
Northdark Explorer - You traverse the hidden paths leading between the wicked cities and mysterious ruins of the Northdark
Underdark Exile - You have violated the laws of your people in the Northdark and have been banished to the surface world

Edit: Using the "Northdark > Underdark Exile" origin, provides the "of the Northdark" title as you begin your adventure. It is not yet clear if selecting the 3 sub-options change the titles available in any way.

Religion - There does not seem to be any new deity options specific to MR or Drow at the moment (Lloth or Shar are not options etc..). I wonder if they would tend toward Corellon, Selune, or Sune similar to other "Elven Races" cited.

It has also been said that there is a special outfit granted to Menzoberranzan Renegades. When does it become available and what might it be called?

Anything else that we know about the race at this point specific to bonuses, items, flavor text or other options? Thanks!
Post edited by xaeos on

Comments

• neeja737neeja737 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish I had the answers, unfortunately, I think I have the same questions... :)
  • kitsuneshoujokitsuneshoujo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If youre a renegade of drow society, why would you want Lloth or Shar as a goddess?
  • xaeosxaeos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If youre a renegade of drow society, why would you want Lloth or Shar as a goddess?

I was referring to the fact that, since MR seems to use some "normal" Drow elements during character creation (ie body types are not typed as MR, but as Drow Toned, Drow Heavy, Drow Slim) that Lloth or Shar etc..would have been "left over" as part of the "Drow options", possible crossed out for MR or something like that.

Still many questions....
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Worships Lolth as a renegade*

Just because you hate Menzo doesn't mean you hate the gods :) Although my char hates Lolth too.
    houserin_signature.png
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I selected Northdark - Escaped Slave - title available is "of the Northdark. Just FYI
  • rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    xaeos wrote: »

Character Origins

MR seems to have the option to chose "The Northdark" as an origin location, which if I am correct is not available to other races? It has the following text.

The Northdark - Faerun's Underdark is a network of subterranean tunnels, caverns, seas, and rivers that spans the entire world. Beneath the lands North and East of Waterdeep and Neverwinter lies a vast, notorious domain called The Northdark

I made a human TR, and I think she had the Northdark available. I may have imagined it, since I was going on 26+ hours with no sleep; but I could have sworn I saw Northdark as an option.
  • vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Northdark isn't exclusive to MR its an openly available option, the only thing that differentiates MR to normal Drow *thus far* is the Tattoo,s and faerie fire. We don't know yet whether the light brown skin and black hair options will be available to normal drow but time will tell.