test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give me bows or give me death!

demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Alright I'm not making this thread to hate or whine, well okay a little whine. I just wanna know 2 things

1) Will bows be added?
2) When?

I mean we already have melee and magic classes. And the Ranger is rumored to be the next added class, possibly along with the drow race. The problem?
It is with sad confirmation I must say the ranger working on is not for launch and is melee. I have no news of a bow or ranged ranger. :(

And I have a few words I can't post here about that.

This was written by a community moderator (in this thread http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?34391-Archer-class/page3&highlight=Bows), and it's about as close to confirmation as we can get here.
So, we've got magic/melee classes and instead of doing the next logical step of ohidon'tknow introducing a Bow Ranger we get a melee Ranger?

I want my ****ing bows God **** it! And I'm not spending a single ****ing dime on the game until I see them.
All I really want is a rough estimate of when bows will be added. If it takes 2 months fine, if it takes 6 months that's fine too...a year? **** it, alright a year. I just need an ETA man.

/rage
Post edited by demetrius94 on

Comments

• Options
    jackpipsamjackpipsam Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The rumors I have heard suggests that it will be in before launch.
  • Options
    numpadicnumpadic Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have heard that those a very false rumors, becaouse this manager was payed to write that(not by neverwinter), and neverwinter said that this is not true, i believe its archer ranger along with 95% of the community, beacouse melee ranger is kinda rogue like, and we have all so to speak, range mag, close tank, close dps, range heal, but we are missing long physical dps
  • Options
    dragonchow1dragonchow1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So there is no archer/ranger/hunter?

I was just trying to make my first charactor and couldnt find one.

Well that's my charactor of choice...and it is always about the most popular...without it this game will never get off the ground.
  • Options
    demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So there is no archer/ranger/hunter?

I was just trying to make my first charactor and couldnt find one.

Well that's my charactor of choice...and it is always about the most popular...without it this game will never get off the ground.

Is this...watchamacallit...uhhhhh sarcasm? The game is already off the ground, just without any bows/archer archetypes. All I know is that the Ranger will most likely be the next class added (if not then the second class added). And I've no ****ing clue if it'll be a melee ranger or archer ranger as half people say it's melee and the other half archer.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It makes me smile to see you say something like this.

Because I realize there is not enough facepalm, and all I can do is smile.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Looks like if you spend $199 you get a race that has an archer/ranger.

For you self-appointed "defenders of the game", I admit saying it won't get off the ground may be an exageration. I've been playing MMORPGs for almost 20 years now, and archer/ranger/hunter has always been about the most popular class..in fact the class is usually nerfed later on in the game to discourage their growth, just because there are just too many of them for easy grouping.

So I feel fairly confident that the game population will be greatly diminished if they require $199 to play a archer/ranger/hunter....after all, there are plenty of games to choose from...but this was such a cool single player game I was looking forward to it's rebirth.

Sheesh, I really miss the days of subscription fees and no stores...no content decisions to make the store profitable was a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like if you spend $199 you get a race that has an archer/ranger.

For you self-appointed "defenders of the game", I admit saying it won't get off the ground may be an exageration. I've been playing MMORPGs for almost 20 years now, and archer/ranger/hunter has always been the about the most popular class..in fact the class is usually nerfed later on in the game to discourage their growth, just because there are just too many of them for easy grouping.

So I feel fairly confident that the game population will be greatly diminished if they require $199 to play a archer/ranger/hunter....after all, there are plenty of games to choose from...but this was such a cool single player game I was looking forward to it's rebirth.

Sheesh, I really miss the days of no stores and subscription fees...no content decisions to make the store profitable was a wonderful thing.

Okay, now you're just trolling.

Race has nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, cero, zero to do with what class you play.

This is also not a single player game. This is an MMO, but you know this, don't you?

Just stop talking. Every time you speak, a homeless person dreams up a new prophetic doom that's going to descend on the heathens. Like that claim? It literally has as much weight as everything you just said.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    Okay, now you're just trolling.

Race has nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, cero, zero to do with what class you play.

This is also not a single player game. This is an MMO, but you know this, don't you?

Just stop talking. Every time you speak, a homless person makes a new tin foil hat. Like that claim? It literally has as much weight as everything you just said.

Look at the description for the 199 bundle....it mentions a race and a ranger type available with it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Look at the description for the 199 bundle....it mentions a race and a ranger type available with it.

No it doesn't. I own this pack (and the guardian pack for that matter). You get the menzoberranzan renegade, which is a different version of a drow. This is a race. There is no mention of a class anywhere.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like if you spend $199 you get a race that has an archer/ranger..

Can i have what you are smoking? As you can tell from my avatar, i paid for that pack, and shocker, no archer/ranger. We got drow, early, and that's it. It's not a class, it's a race, with the same options for classes as everyone else. Two months or so every one can make one.

For the record, the two classes that were "almost done for launch" were Scourge Warlock (a dps caster, or striker in 4e terms) and the Archer Ranger. It's coming, but no one other than Cryptic knows when for sure, but probably when it's "done".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    No it doesn't. I own this pack (and the guardian pack for that matter). You get the menzoberranzan renegade, which is a different version of a drow. This is a race. There is no mention of a class anywhere.

The quote.....

"Gain access to a unique playable race! Like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, you can play as a Drow exiled from the dark elf stronghold of Menzoberranzan, City of Intrigue. Complete with unique racial ability ("Fairie Fire") and cosmetic option (tattoo)!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The quote.....

Gain access to a unique playable race! Like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, you can play as a Drow exiled from the dark elf stronghold of Menzoberranzan, City of Intrigue. Complete with unique racial ability ("Fairie Fire") and cosmetic option (tattoo)!
    There is still not enough facepalm in the world.

Drizzt was a ranger. Drizzt was also a menzo renegade. So LIKE DRIZZT... you can be a menzo renegade too. You are having a serious lack of reading comprehension here, because they are not saying you're playing as a ranger like drizzt, they're saying you're playing as the menzo drow like drizzt.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The quote.....

Gain access to a unique playable race! Like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, you can play as a Drow exiled from the dark elf stronghold of Menzoberranzan, City of Intrigue. Complete with unique racial ability ("Fairie Fire") and cosmetic option (tattoo)!

Drizzt was a ranger, they are just describing him, not what you get. Look at the "you can play as a drow" part, which doesn't say "You can play a ranger". Reading comprehension fail on your part.
  • Options
    sirsaico01sirsaico01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant even to begin to comment on the epic failure displayed here. How very sad.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Also, ranger does not mean archer. Common mistake, but a mistake nonetheless. Rangers can be anything from trappers to small weapon users to great weapon users to bow users to firearm users…
  • Options
    ddobsddobs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    ye some bow ranger would be raelly good. really hope they add it soon tho
  • Options
    kamil22kamil22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://uk.ign.com/wikis/neverwinter/Neverwinter_Classes
    Maybe this will answer some questions about classes.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranged is also my preferred playstyle, so I can't wait for it to be introduced.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    saborwsaborw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think what everyone's meaning to say here is Marksman. Rangers can be pretty much any role, but a Marksman is what it says on the tin

I am playing a Rogue until it comes out since it's my preferred class.