test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting questions

skriggskrigg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I was checking out crafting and was wondering two things if you all could give your opinions.

1. Is crafting worth doing?
2. Is the gear better or on par with dungeon epics?
3. How much does crafting good items rely on the cash shop pack items, like the smithing hammers that increase quality by 40%?

Thanks
Post edited by skrigg on

Comments

• morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything for crafting can be had via the Dungeoneering, Thievery, Arcane, Divinity, Nature system or from chests doing the Leadership profession. Even if you don't decide to heavily dig into the professions, it doesn't hurt to have the tasks going. Items like Shirts and Pants for your class only come from tradeskills as well.
  • skriggskrigg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shirts and Pants are reason enough, thanks. Anyone else have any input?
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skrigg wrote: »
    Shirts and Pants are reason enough, thanks. Anyone else have any input?

That's pretty much the only reason i'm doing it. The gear, unless you keep it up, really is useless with how fast you level. It seems the only interesting things are when you get closer to level 20 in the profession, and the rares that pop up at random. Only way i know to get shirts and pants, and i saw a very rare level 60 shirt come up, wasn't even close to being able to craft it though. :\
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything for crafting can be had via the Dungeoneering, Thievery, Arcane, Divinity, Nature system or from chests doing the Leadership profession.

I am yet to see a single asset (that includes both tools and "people" assets) drop from anything but Profession Booster Packs.
    So far, it seems that to advance crafting past certain levels you will have to either spend ZEN or farm ridiculous amounts of AD to buy them from other people on Auction House. Not to mention, unless you invest heavily into it (to accelerate the leveling process), crafting is COMPLETELY worthless when it comes to supplying you with anything - you will hit level 60 LONG before you can craft any remotely useful items.
  • namenotusednamenotused Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what I am seeing you need to spend real $$ for crafting to be worth it beyond shirts and pants. I would rather spend 20 min to make my own shirt or pants then to pay the retardedly outrageous prices these goons are posting them for in the auction.
    edited May 2013
    Basic tools are bought from the vendor which you upgrade via tasks. People assets are hired via tasks. Materials for crafting are generally found from the different nodes and generally give you items more suited to your class-oriented crafting. Leadership also provides chests that have crafting components if you need more rares then you are finding. Nothing from the crafting requires zen or astral diamonds if you put in the time.
  • juzzzzzzjuzzzzzz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    Basic tools are bought from the vendor which you upgrade via tasks. People assets are hired via tasks. Materials for crafting are generally found from the different nodes and generally give you items more suited to your class-oriented crafting. Leadership also provides chests that have crafting components if you need more rares then you are finding. Nothing from the crafting requires zen or astral diamonds if you put in the time.
    This isnt really true. Yes there is task to update 4 green to one blue, and 4 blue to one purple.

But there is no task to upgrade your whites to green items. Maybe they left them out "by accident" but most likely its to boost real money purchaces. I'm sure someone will power level new toons to get the booster pack you get from quest multiple times. way too lazy to "exploit" that method myself.

So shirts, pants and some AD from leadership or p2w. But even with p2w you'd need some rare quest @L20 to get something even remotely usefull.
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten green items from harvest nodes and the leadership boxes...but yeah aside from the bag of jewels trade there isn't any guarantee unless they can be an extra or rare reward when doing the harvesting tasks.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    I am yet to see a single asset (that includes both tools and "people" assets) drop from anything but Profession Booster Packs.
    So far, it seems that to advance crafting past certain levels you will have to either spend ZEN or farm ridiculous amounts of AD to buy them from other people on Auction House. Not to mention, unless you invest heavily into it (to accelerate the leveling process), crafting is COMPLETELY worthless when it comes to supplying you with anything - you will hit level 60 LONG before you can craft any remotely useful items.

^ This

I think I was level 30 before I got leadership to level 5 maybe 6.

And that was me actively keeping my mercs busy. Bear in mind I did not finsh any task early. I refuse to spend AD on crafting timers. That's never gonna happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    juzzzzzz wrote: »
    Maybe they left them out "by accident" but most likely its to boost real money purchaces. I'm sure someone will power level new toons to get the booster pack you get from quest multiple times.

Nah, it was definitely not an "accident", just another sickening example of greed.
    The tooltip for the "uncommon" quality assets explicitly states that they can ONLY be obtained via Profession Booster Packs. There is (at the moment) no way (save for auction purchases) to get them via in-game means, meaning unless you invest into Astral Diamonds you will never be able to become a good crafter.
    edited May 2013
    Hiring should also give profession exp since it takes so long just to recruit somebody new. Also just noticed there are no tasks to combine 4 store bought tools into an uncommon (green) tool.... I'm hoping that is a bug and not bad implementation.