test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Campfires not removing Injuries.

rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Have tired it at two places now. Once after dying in the Spider Lair(sat at the entrance campfire for 11 mins with no removal of the minor injury) Second time sat at Rothe Valley campfire(the one near the bridge) for 9 mins with no removal of minor leg injury. Known Issues? please fix asap.
6ZH4F6g.jpg
Post edited by rh97969 on

Comments

• leaddorestoleaddoresto Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think campfires are supposed to remove injuries, that is what you have the injury kits for.
    @Leaddore Foundry Quest: The Kidnapped Kid NW-DTOHA9OIB
  • kakafikakakafika Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Confirmed. Injury did not go away after 10+ mins in the blacklake sewers.

The tutorial system message states that injuries can be removed by injury kits or be standing next to a campfire for 3 minutes.
  • godrick09kgodrick09k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rh97969 wrote: »
    Have tired it at two places now. Once after dying in the Spider Lair(sat at the entrance campfire for 11 mins with no removal of the minor injury) Second time sat at Rothe Valley campfire(the one near the bridge) for 9 mins with no removal of minor leg injury. Known Issues? please fix asap.

such simple problem/bug, and after so long still no fixed, what are they working and patching for!!
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bug reported this after I sat at a campfire for ten minutes and still had an injury. I logged off, played an alt for a while and came back and the injury was gone. I don't know if logging off cleared it, or if there is some kind of decimal error and while it SHOULD clear the injury in 5 minutes, it's actually clearing it in five HOURS or something...
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in a random campfire in Neverdeath and saw my injury go from major to minor to gone. You guys are saying the Mending Injuries buff we get from staying at a campfire isn't always working?

Hm, are you guys literally sitting (as in /sit) when it doesn't work?
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited May 2013
    It should work just standing at campfire, it does for me. BTW if you read the tooltip it only heals one injury per countdown and it goes Major -> Minior -> Healed. You guys sure you didn't have a major wounds? Also the loadscreen tip is wrong is 5 mins for everyone but drow/MR for whom its 3 mins.
  • rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried this aswell (had to since I dinged 30 while in an instance and did not yet have the higher level injury kits). I stood at a campfire, there were two 'campfire buff' icons below my char portrait. One with the actual buff and another with a timer counting down from 3 min to 0. When that expired it started over again from 3 minutes. Have not tried with standing for 5 minutes.
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have seen this, almost everytime it has worked, but twice if took 3-4 passes of the counter to actually heal it(the previous 2-3 doing nothing), and i have only ever had minor injuries. but most the times it's worked
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kotli is right, I tested it again and after ~5 minutes the (minor) injury was gone. Tooltip should be corrected.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The exact problem isn't with the mending buff. The problem is standing next to a campfire is only applying the healing buff not the mending and the healing buff.
  • vincentk18vincentk18 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are mistaken. The campfires DO remove injuries, and they DO only take 3 minutes for a minor one.

When you stand next to a fire, a little icon will pop up under your avatar icon. It will have a countdown, when it reaches 0 your major injury will become minor, or your minor will go away. It works. Tooltip does not need to be updated.
  • palpiterpalpiter Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    had a bunch of campfires not granting the needed buff in a few questdungeons (or what the instanced questareas are called)
    and it always takes me 2 full countdowns of the buff to remove a minor or downgrade a major to a minor injury (aka 6 minutes)
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vincentk18 wrote: »
    You guys are mistaken. The campfires DO remove injuries, and they DO only take 3 minutes for a minor one.

When you stand next to a fire, a little icon will pop up under your avatar icon. It will have a countdown, when it reaches 0 your major injury will become minor, or your minor will go away. It works. Tooltip does not need to be updated.

When they work that is how they work we are talking about when they don't
  • mogdukthmogdukth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First 2 Chasm campfires couldnt get rid of my minor injury.

Finally worked again when I went back to enclave's priestess altar.

Not sure if this is intentional design or a bug at this point.
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bumping after a google search.

I have observed the second campfire icon under the character icon, but quite a few times it will not appear, and my injury will not heal. I know the difference between minor and major injury (it also tells you if you hover over the injury). So I often just use a injury kit because I don't want to stand there for 15 minutes waiting for something that may never happen.
    39275e2ac4.jpg