test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP issues (bug related)

haggerhagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Aside from the obviously glaring severe balance problems there are a couple of abilities and issues that need fixing.

1) Abilities that crash your client: Currently the only one I am aware of is Smoke Bomb, but I know Control Wizard has something that crashes you as well (FIXED)

2) Kicking in groups. You should not be able to kick people without a vote. Period. This applies to dungeons as well. There is nothing stopping someone from just kicking everyone they want to screw out of rewards in a PvP match or dungeon. Absolutely nothing. Since this game is free it is even worse. Someone can make an account just to grief people.

3) Getting a que, but being stuck outside. Another huge problem. Sometimes you get a que, and accept it...then you dont get in. The only way to fix this is to have the group leader kick you. Funny, this is the opposite of the previous problem because the group leader can grief you by NOT kicking you.

4) Glory is also not displaying rewards properly or clearly. (fixed?)

These problems have to be resolved quickly. Everyone short of #4 is so game breaking that it should warrant disabling PvP entirely until it is fixed. Oh I know I don't have to que, but the rewards are incredible for absolutely no investment of anything but a little time. This pretty much hurts me by not doing them due to my inclination to progress in the game.

There is obviously alot of problems with the game still, but we are at the point where these mentioned problems need be addressed.
Post edited by hagger on

Comments

• haggerhagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump...devs?
  • freyhsalfreyhsal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crash in 1/2 matches.
    Free BUMP
  • freyhsalfreyhsal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BUMP // I would like to keep this topic @ 1st page.

When u get dc ( crash ), u also get injury.
  • highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I get angry with all these problems too, you refer to neverwinter as a "game" its not its a beta stage of a game so chill they know about these problems if you look around the forums you see many posts about the pvp issues. I don't believe there is a balance problem its D&d you pick a role if you don't like it play something else why does every mmo have to be balanced out.

Getting injured is a real insult tho they should remove being injured and not disable pvp, until they fix the problem.
  • haggerhagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get angry with all these problems too, you refer to neverwinter as a "game" its not its a beta stage of a game so chill they know about these problems if you look around the forums you see many posts about the pvp issues. I don't believe there is a balance problem its D&d you pick a role if you don't like it play something else why does every mmo have to be balanced out.

Getting injured is a real insult tho they should remove being injured and not disable pvp, until they fix the problem.

Regardless of the semantics of it being "beta", it is still at this point essentially out in the wilds. These are problems that need to go away, and soon. "Launch" won't get more people because launch is now to most. "Open beta" for a lot of free to play games like this is essentially a launch of sorts. Calling it open beta just gives the fan boys a chance to say "oh its beta, don't worry about it!"

Anyways, here for a bump. Devs?
  • vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hagger wrote: »
    Regardless of the semantics of it being "beta", it is still at this point essentially out in the wilds. These are problems that need to go away, and soon. "Launch" won't get more people because launch is now to most. "Open beta" for a lot of free to play games like this is essentially a launch of sorts. Calling it open beta just gives the fan boys a chance to say "oh its beta, don't worry about it!"

Anyways, here for a bump. Devs?
    How many games have you created? So you are such an expert on launching games you can tell when a game is in beta and launch? Remind me not to play any game you produce since you go straight from closed beta to launch and skip open beta where most of the real bugs are found.

In short people who claim this is a launch and not BETA like it states are servilely ignorant on stages of development of a game. Every game needs an Open Beta as there is some things that closed beta just does not catch. Rather the game is free to play or pay to play it makes no difference.

I am fine with being called a fan boy if you are fine with being called an ignorant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • dagonbach1dagonbach1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many games have you created? So you are such an expert on launching games you can tell when a game is in beta and launch? Remind me not to play any game you produce since you go straight from closed beta to launch and skip open beta where most of the real bugs are found.

In short people who claim this is a launch and not BETA like it states are servilely ignorant on stages of development of a game. Every game needs an Open Beta as there is some things that closed beta just does not catch. Rather the game is free to play or pay to play it makes no difference.

I am fine with being called a fan boy if you are fine with being called an ignorant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

---
    You are an ignorantly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fan boy.

The crashing of the game in PvP every other match does not make this product acceptable as Open Beta/Soft Release. PERIOD. You can't intelligently argue the point. This makes it Alpha-stage. If any particular bug or memory flaw that crashes the game without fail made it to ANY type of release then QC and in-house testing has failed to do their job. Remove your blinders and think about the thousand of players that are supporting this flawed product and stop posting this mindless, obedient drivel.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freyhsal wrote: »
    BUMP // I would like to keep this topic @ 1st page.

When u get dc ( crash ), u also get injury.

Yep. Same issue.
  • nickdavison76nickdavison76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another PVP related issue is that once you get over a certain lvl you cant play pvp. This also means that you cannot earn Glory, ironic since all the armor rewards from the glory trader are for lvl 60 players.
    Hanspeth Voorg - Master Of The Arcane Arts
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just crashed again..

Fun trick is if you know how to pull it off you can force your enemies to Disconnect and win automatically. They really need to fix this bug. This is even worse than the party kicking feature.
  • koshimoxdkoshimoxd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump ive crashed like 10 times tonight in pvp
  • spardy11spardy11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump. FIX IT! Pretty please..?
    edited May 2013
    Bump for more fixes