test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just used all my AD by mistake misclicking "finish now" on professions, any refund?

johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was clicking quickly as I was in a hurry to get off the game to go do some stuff.

So, I clicked N to see my professions and see "Finish Now" and thought it meant it was ready to pick up my items. I clicked both of them and then realize I just spent at least 50K Astral Diamonds by mistake.

Is there any log or any way for me to get this back? To me it was my whole savings from the 30th to now, I don't make a lot of AD..........

Anyone know if GMs can help with this? I made a ticket, but wanted to see if anyone else did this also?:mad:
Post edited by johnny305 on

Comments

• rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I doubt they will help with this. Chalk it up to a life lesson in not trying to rush stuff.
  • leecahleecah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure that's one of the reasons why they have the "confirm" button where the "cancel" button usually is on most games. When most people are used to seeing "Ok"-"Cancel", they'll instinctively click the right button to cancel. It's a sneaky way to get people to trip up when not paying attention and just dump their astral diamonds.
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea its just a shame.... I never spent 1 AD so far trying to save up and now I used it all like this....... I don't like how they set things up to where they know a slight slip in attention can cost you real money or a week of playtime(in AD).

The funny thing is it was to get 400 AD from leadership and some other one and I spent 50k+ AD to get that...... come on
  • rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leecah wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's one of the reasons why they have the "confirm" button where the "cancel" button usually is on most games. When most people are used to seeing "Ok"-"Cancel", they'll instinctively click the right button to cancel. It's a sneaky way to get people to trip up when not paying attention and just dump their astral diamonds.

To what end? I really don't think that game developers are trying to trick you in to accidentally spending in game currency.

Just try to do all the daily missions for a couple days and you'll earn it right back. You can also find stuff in dungeons and sell it on the auction house to earn a pretty decent amount.
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rekia3 wrote: »
    To what end? I really don't think that game developers are trying to trick you in to accidentally spending in game currency.

Just try to do all the daily missions for a couple days and you'll earn it right back. You can also find stuff in dungeons and sell it on the auction house to earn a pretty decent amount.

They do. I've seen many things in this game where if you click wrong you are now screwed and need to spend money to get out of it or a lot of time to get back what you just lost with the click.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha I clicked once on the 'Finish Now' Button.

- Then, I clicked 'OK' instead of 'Cancel'.

- Can I have my AD back because of my own stupidity X2 ?

- Please?

Seriously dude.
  • blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This hasn't happened to me, but I think it's perfectly legitimate request. They should have the "Finish Now" button somewhere far away, not right on the icon. Maybe to the top of it? Somewhere where you wouldn't accidentally click it.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ouch!
    Look on the bright side, even learning the hard way is still learning! : )
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This hasn't happened to me, but I think it's perfectly legitimate request. They should have the "Finish Now" button somewhere far away, not right on the icon. Maybe to the top of it? Somewhere where you wouldn't accidentally click it.

But there is a confirm prompt. User Beware. If he didn't read the prompt and just spaz-clicked 'OK' after clicking 'Finish Now', he deserves to lose his AD. Absolutely illegitimate, if you ask me.

They took the time to implement a confirmation prompt, he didn't even take the time to read it.
  • ezbeeezbee Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    leecah wrote: »

what?

i cant think of a program or game off the top of my head where its arranged like that, i only see cancel - ok.
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha I clicked once on the 'Finish Now' Button.

- Then, I clicked 'OK' instead of 'Cancel'.

- Can I have my AD back because of my own stupidity X2 ?

- Please?

Seriously dude.

It gets worse. He did that TWICE! So stupidity x4?
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This requires two clicks, not one. So no.
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it makes you feel better that is $1.25 at current prices (up from a dollar a week ago). Not a very expensive mistake, and certainly not worth the time and aggravation of fighting their CS for it.
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...this is a troll thread. Please tell me this is a troll thread.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lucidp2k wrote: »
    ...this is a troll thread. Please tell me this is a troll thread.

Well, it is a common mistake because people usually DON'T read what they are clicking (i.e. EULA is common one and confirmation page is another) I have been working in IT in 25 years and I have learn to read everything before I click. do I make mistake? SURE! because I either gloss over it or not comprehending and click it anyways cause I'm in a hurry. That is my mistake.

I totally understand the OP if he/she made the mistake once (i.e. it takes 2 click) but twice? I don't think PW/NWN will refund.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Well, it is a common mistake because people usually DON'T read what they are clicking (i.e. EULA is common one and confirmation page is another) I have been working in IT in 25 years and I have learn to read everything before I click. do I make mistake? SURE! because I either gloss over it or not comprehending and click it anyways cause I'm in a hurry. That is my mistake.

I totally understand the OP if he/she made the mistake once (i.e. it takes 2 click) but twice? I don't think PW/NWN will refund.

This always entertains me, especially in the MMO culture. Why does everyone preface their statements with "I have worked in IT for [X] amount of years" as if for some reason their career path holds any relevance to the topic at hand?

On topic though, no, I doubt there will be a refund for illiteracy x2.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lucidp2k wrote: »
    This always entertains me, especially in the MMO culture. Why does everyone preface their statements with "I have worked in IT for [X] amount of years" as if for some reason their career path holds any relevance to the topic at hand?

On topic though, no, I doubt there will be a refund for illiteracy x2.

Cause usually IT folks are SUPPOSE TO READ the EULA and confirmation pages.
    It is our job to read the license rules and regulation regarding to anything computer related.
    It is part of the job.

So in this case, it DOES relate. Even I'm suppose to read it, sometimes even I make mistakes. I am saying that one mistake (i.e. didn't read) is one thing, but do it twice in a row doesn't have a good excuse.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.