test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlgrym <censored>

koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Where the hell is this place and how do I get there the lack of information is about to give me a stroke!
Post edited by koranes on

Comments

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koranes wrote: »
    Where the hell is this place and how do I get there the lack of information is about to give me a stroke!

It took Drizzit and Bruneor a hundred years to find it. :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • koraneskoranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im not jokeing I can't find the place yet all my dalies tell me to go there
  • demodiandemodian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the love of all that is holy
    ITS DRIZZT not drizzit... please tell me u havnt read all the books... cause if so sad
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not in-game yet. Take a chill pill.
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    It's not in-game yet. Take a chill pill.

thats just lazy. put the quest in but not the zone. that pisses me off. here I thought I was just blind.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    demodian wrote: »
    ITS DRIZZT not drizzit... please tell me u havnt read all the books... cause if so sad

For the love of all that's holy it's not u it's "you"and "haven't" not havnt.
    :rolleyes:

Bob will forgive me, if you ever have seen him on a book tour he has a really funny story about that.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • koops90koops90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thats just lazy. put the quest in but not the zone. that pisses me off. here I thought I was just blind.

Man I thought I was the only one spending forever trying to find out.
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a 20v20 PvP map with locked instances for winners (similar to Wintergrasp) so I've heard.

It's not out yet, they're teasing us.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If Gauntlgrym isn't out why did I get two coins for it...and it isn't just PVP, it's also PVE, there are daily quests to get AD for running Gauntlgrym PVP and PVE events as well as just running through it...I mean there are things IN the game that you can GET yet the place isn't up yet? Confusion @_@
  • rekia3rekia3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The author makes kind of a big deal about the character's name being "Drizzt" and not "Drizzit" in the annotations of several of the books, so I can see where he is coming from. Maybe English isn't his first language?
  • trevalontrevalon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And they didn't even find it...some random chick that came outa Salvatore's butt found it :)
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I see you still haven't taken that chill pill I recommended.

Anyway, the quests are in-game because it's an area that WILL be available soon. However, as it's still beta, they have to work on things like server stability and bugs. Once all that's calmed down a little more, I'm sure they'll add it.
  • xerouxerou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    I see you still haven't taken that chill pill I recommended.

Anyway, the quests are in-game because it's an area that WILL be available soon. However, as it's still beta, they have to work on things like server stability and bugs. Once all that's calmed down a little more, I'm sure they'll add it.

Wouldn't taking a chill pill lower his core body temp to below 98.6 and thus induce health conditions?

I prefer to take one pill of Fkital, works wonders.
    edited May 2013
    xerou wrote: »
    Wouldn't taking a chill pill lower his core body temp to below 98.6 and thus induce health conditions?

I prefer to take one pill of Fkital, works wonders.

lol Ill take the blue pill.
  • gordrogordro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »

Also, is someone who hasn't read 'the books' (whatever that refers to exactly) somehow inferior to you?

Not that set of books anyway, poorly written tripe aimed at younger (9-13) year olds
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    As others stated Gauntelgrym hasn't been made publicly available yet. :(
  • zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013
    Wow you people are purposefully obtuse.

All it took was this...
    No, it hasnt been added to the game yet.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • rayuki666rayuki666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    As others stated Gauntelgrym hasn't been made publicly available yet. :(

would have been nice to at-least announce this in some form so people dont spend days on end trying to unlock it. we beat dread vault thinking it unlocked it and nothing. (not to mention not even a chest from beating dreadvault LOL) if dread vault is needed to be beaten to unlock it will we have to beat it again to get into gaunt?

as far as i know not many other guilds if any have beaten it.
  • candiflavorcandiflavor Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seen it on my queued list but never really try to queued up for it. just a side note, you'll see it when u hit 60 but im guessing you already did :D
  • frosthaze3210frosthaze3210 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stormdragon is probably Bob trolling you all! After all it is marketing right? Argument starts over how to say Drizzt, 3rd party comes up and asks what the argument is all about. 3rd party starts reading Icewind dale Trilogy....
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I seen it on my queued list but never really try to queued up for it. just a side note, you'll see it when u hit 60 but im guessing you already did :D

been 60 three days now, don't see it in queue.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    "Gauntlgrym was an ancient dwarven city that fell into ruin before the memory of any living dwarves. The city was the capital of the Delzoun. There existed a river of magma that originated within Mount Hotenow, which, in 1480 DR, was connected to the Great Cavern (and therefore Gauntlgrym's main entrance) via winding tunnels. The city was built on a huge scale, with many doorways constructed at a size that would allow even dragons to pass through. Doorways were constructed from iron, mithral and stone. These doors were designed to be opened only by a Delzoun, and were both magically sealed and tremendously heavy. The city was adorned with icons to the Morndinsamman (dwarven pantheon) and other dwarven heroes."

I kinda expect to see or hear about some signature Forgotten realms characters such as the likes of Drizzt Do'Urden and Bruenor Battlehammer in the upcoming module (or maybe not). In the novel "Gauntlgrym" the city is infested by the Duergar (evil dwarves). Something ancient and evil is stirring in the depths of Gauntlgrym... the great evil known as ..the P <immediately silenced>
  • morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    demodian wrote: »

Have you yourself actually read all the books? Drizzit is what Drizzt is called by a child he accidently scares in the forest who runs away from him screaming "It's a Drizzit!" after he introduces himself. Obviously you need to read more of the story yourself....
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just not keen on PvE content being gated behind PvP. Not really a smart move IMO, esp in a game where the PvP seems to be a poor afterthought.

Will see how it plays out, but being forced to run PvP games to get into a dungeon does not excite me.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    Just not keen on PvE content being gated behind PvP. Not really a smart move IMO, esp in a game where the PvP seems to be a poor afterthought.

Will see how it plays out, but being forced to run PvP games to get into a dungeon does not excite me.

I think it won't be world pvp but rather like the battleground system of WoW where players are teleported to a separate area in which to conduct mass pvp.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aurenn wrote: »
    If Gauntlgrym isn't out why did I get two coins for it...and it isn't just PVP, it's also PVE, there are daily quests to get AD for running Gauntlgrym PVP and PVE events as well as just running through it...I mean there are things IN the game that you can GET yet the place isn't up yet? Confusion @_@

From what I remember they are a reward for finishing the Whispering Cavern quests. I'm sure at the time they put that in they thought Gauntlgrym would be available. Patience. It is a beta after all!