test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trickster rogue questions

cuddlykitten1cuddlykitten1 Member Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
No no this isn't a thread about TR is OP, nerf, nerf nerf! Im actually rolling one as of now (once lag calms down). I always play the stealthy stabber in most MMO's, so naturally I came here. My brother is playing a tank, and a friend has a cleric and CW covered, so I went daggers.

But im desperatly looking for a guide, not a build to cookie cutter, just some kind of skeleton guide to steer me from making really dumb choices, as I HATE paying for respecs, need that cash for bags and honey badgers >.>.

I checked around google, and found nothing, same for these forums. But can anyone give me a hand please? My main concern is naturally, feats. I intend to go down the executioner path feat wise if that helps.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• extornextorn Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As someone in a similar boat,

Part of the fun of playing a new MMO is exploring! Granted, I'm at work and I would greatly like more info on talent trees / abilities / Stat values. The Wiki kinda blows right now.
  • zombik9zombik9 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys can u tell me how to use stealth, cant find this skill. Or it has special button?
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can check out the old TR forum here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?678-The-Thieves-Den

It has some helpful stuff. So far I find (only level 41 with my TR) that there is a pretty solid range depending on the kind of build you want to suit your playstyle (I know, not the answer you were looking for, sorry).
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• noscetemetnoscetemet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unfortunately, I suspect only the closed testers have this information currently (particularly given the fundamental changes shortly before launch), and I haven't seen any take the time to post it. I'd actually love some concrete information on what works and what doesn't in play myself, but regrettably it's completely unavailable for now.
  • cuddlykitten1cuddlykitten1 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    zombik9 wrote: »
    Guys can u tell me how to use stealth, cant find this skill. Or it has special button?

level 10 you get stealth, than its the tab key I believe.

Thanks for the link rabb, like I said I enjoy exploring new skills etc, but since respecs are generally one of the MOSt expensive items in most cash shops, it makes such an idea rather dangerous.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
    edited April 2013
    noscetemet wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I suspect only the closed testers have this information currently (particularly given the fundamental changes shortly before launch), and I haven't seen any take the time to post it. I'd actually love some concrete information on what works and what doesn't in play myself, but regrettably it's completely unavailable for now.

Even us closed testers are still figuring it out. :) Some things, such as gloaming cut sounding awesome but not be very useful (too slow), will hopefully be changed at some point. I expect that quite a few people will re-spec when they are able.

edited April 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Even us closed testers are still figuring it out. :) Some things, such as gloaming cut sounding awesome but not be very useful (too slow), will hopefully be changed at some point. I expect that quite a few people will re-spec when they are able.

Do have a big question, Ive done SOME searching while seeking a guide, and strangely the consensus seems to be to go for str/power over dex on a rogue, is that part actually true?
    edited April 2013
    uberguber wrote: »

A great guide and some good discussion afterward. :)

• noscetemetnoscetemet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Well, if you'd care to take the time to write up which skills did or didn't work since the change, I for one would certainly appreciate it. Having a general idea of what's functional would be a step up.
    edited April 2013
    level 10 you get stealth, than its the tab key I believe.

Thanks for the link rabb, like I said I enjoy exploring new skills etc, but since respecs are generally one of the MOSt expensive items in most cash shops, it makes such an idea rather dangerous.

My pleasure!
    This is my first PW game, so I do not know this firsthand but I have been told by a number of experienced PW gamers that they give respec token after significant changes. Since we are likely to see some significant ones in the coming months, it's at least a little bit likely... :)

edited April 2013
    My pleasure!
    This is my first PW game, so I do not know this firsthand but I have been told by a number of experienced PW gamers that they give respec token after significant changes. Since we are likely to see some significant ones in the coming months, it's at least a little bit likely... :)

Yea this is my 2nd PW game, i just hate having to spend money because of misused skill points, and in a new game that can happen, a LOT X_X.

But yea, is it true that str/pow are the two main stats for a dps rogue? Hows the executioner feat path? :P. As I said, since we in mega lag mode im trying to piece together a battle plan for my Orc rogue...toothymcstabbinson
  • peimpeim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just leveled to 30, and I have been working on the Executioner feat path. I don't know if this is rogue standard or that combo of feats, but I find that I can easily kill enemies 2-3 levels above me.
  • tsengatsenga Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMO there are 3 ways to build rogues
    1)Stealth based. Skills you need for this are
    -Lurkers Assault, Shocking Execution for dailies
    -Shadow Strike, Bait and Switch, and Impossible to Catch for encounters
    -Skillful Infiltrator and Tenacious Concealment for passives.
    with this you should be able to remain in stealth for 15 secs and when you come out of it take no damage whatsoever. if you wanna be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ppl off, go for this :P
    2)AoE build(PvE)
    -Whirlwind of blades and courage breaker(for bosses, reduces their damage by 90% :D)
    -For encounters get blitz, path of blades or dazing strike, and wicked reminder for the armor reduction
    -Passives get skillful infiltrator again and tactics.
    3)One shot build(PvP)
    -for dailies you need Shocking Execution(its a must for 1 shot kills) and another daily of your choice(eg bloodbath, courage breaker etc)
    -for you encounters you need dazing strike and lashing blade. crit with either of these and you can do upwards of 5k damage on dazing strike and 10k on lashing. easy guide to kill someone in less than 3 seconds is to stealth up to them, use lashing blade into shocking execution. easy kills. for your last encounter, it depends on how balls deep you wanna go. if you're really ballsy get wicked reminder. does more damage. if you want a good get away card, get smoke bomb or impossible to catch. if you're in between ballsy and cautious, get path of blades.
    -for passives get tactics and skillful infiltrator.