test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Laundry List of PVP Problems

jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Well I am lvl 60 (yes no huge feat) and I have acquired my pvp gear.

This is what I have to say about the current state of pvp.

BUGs.

1. The queue will often launch 3v5 and 4v5 matches. Leaving one/two individual standing in town, wondering why they have not been moved to the PVP map.

2. Phantom ability effects. I have had this happen to me several times. Normally it is a GWF move that seems to play its animation on me over and over, even after I am dead. I will respawn and be randomly startled by a spell effect playing (that does no damage), with no enemies around.

Missing Features.

1. There is currently no way to report AFK players. People can stand around sucking their thumb and still get some credit for the match.

2. There is no penalty for leaving a map early. You can instantly requeue and join another match.

Maps.

1. There are hundreds of little PVE maps from the journey from 1-60, but pvp gets two extremely simple maps. Cryptic brags about their creation tools, but they couldn't create us a little more variety map wise?

2. Along with the shortage of maps, we have a shortage of game types.. Domination is all you get. No death match, no team death match, no attack and defend. Just king of the hill.

PVP Gear.

1. PVP gear is limited to a single set of stats. You can build a bunch of different Rogues, Wizards, Clerics, etc, etc.. but you won't have the gear to cover your interesting builds.. You are stuck with a single set of gear, with a very specific set of stats. Maybe PVE can help supplement this, but I dunno yet.

2. Gear is easy to acquire.. maybe a little too easy. In one day you can earn every single purple item from the PVP vendor. Half a day if you get lucky and win most of your matches.

Scoring.

As of right now the scoring system is a little bit bonkers and lends itself heavily toward Rogues. Capping points nets you the most points and it is far easier to slip past and cap points when you can turn invisible.

Burst Damage.

At this time I would rather have a team full of CWs/Rogues more than any other possible combination of classes. With the control that both classes offer and the sheer burst damage they are capable of pumping out, why bring anything else to the table? When a CW can lock you in place and then that person and a Rogue blows your brains all over the wall in 2-3 seconds.. Whats the point of tanks and healers? (This is coming from a CW)

So there you have it.

Bugs, Balance, Limited Map types... As of right now pvp is being used for people to gear up and then most will bail. For a variety of reasons.
Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
Post edited by jnaathra on

Comments

• xxbellberithxxxxbellberithxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets not forget the smoke bomb crash that has yet to be addressed. actually as i type this i am sitting inside a BG stuck because i was smoke bomb crashed at the end of the match. and when i came back i recieved 0 credit for the match (no glory for my time). AND i cant get out of the battleground. Been sitting for 1hr and no GM response for ticket yet. GG

aside from that bug. Rogues being able to 1shot people with 31k crit is always nice. (yes im a guardian and ive been crit for 31k by the rogue daily. instagibbed. i hope this isnt working as intended.)
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100% accurate list. The gear is definitely way to easy to get. The AFKers and leavers should be punished in some way.

And the smoke bomb disconnect <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has got to be fixed. The instgib from the TR daily I can live with. The disconnect, not so much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    You can /kick people from pvp groups if they afk. Tried it today with friends.
  • androvinusandrovinus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    100% accurate list. The gear is definitely way to easy to get. The AFKers and leavers should be punished in some way.

And the smoke bomb disconnect <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has got to be fixed. The instgib from the TR daily I can live with. The disconnect, not so much

I disagree.
    My internet can cut out randomly. If I am in a dungeon delve and my internet cuts out, (happened to me in every delve so far) I have to start from the very beginning of the dungeon I log back in a minute later. Then my party ,who is at the end, has to wait for me to get all the way back to them. While I take 5+ minutes to run through the incredibly long dungeon and fight off left over enemies.

This is a horrible flaw. I should just respawn at the last checkpoint my team reached.

Now with Pvp, when I disconnected, I just came back to the pvp and continued fighting. That was great. I would hate to have logged back in to see that I had been automatically kicked and some punishment had been assigned to me.
    edited May 2013
    The crash in PvP allows you back in to the match yes. But you come back with an injury, and with this happening quite often, thats a lot of extra gold being wasted on Injury Kits (level 60)that you should have never had to use.

And we aren't talking about a punishment for people that disconnect. We are talking about a punishment for the people that stand AFK at the campfire in the match. And the people that actually LEAVE the match, like the click their portrait and hit leave. Those people should have a punishment.

People who crash or get disconnected should not have a punishment. And they just need to fix the smoke bomb crash and coming back to the match with an injury. It is annoying as hell/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do PWE or cryptic even listen to thread like this?

My past experience with PWE is that they don't.
    edited May 2013
    I hope they do. There are quite a few well active mods on the boards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    The crash in PvP allows you back in to the match yes. But you come back with an injury, and with this happening quite often, thats a lot of extra gold being wasted on Injury Kits (level 60)that you should have never had to use.

And we aren't talking about a punishment for people that disconnect. We are talking about a punishment for the people that stand AFK at the campfire in the match. And the people that actually LEAVE the match, like the click their portrait and hit leave. Those people should have a punishment.

People who crash or get disconnected should not have a punishment. And they just need to fix the smoke bomb crash and coming back to the match with an injury. It is annoying as hell/

People don't click their portrait to leave the instance area. A lot of the time the map will load and you'll be stuck standing in town wondering why the **** your group got ported and you didn't.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You people playing a Cryptic game for PvP are in for several years of disappointment and frustration. PvP has always been on the very bottom of the priority list for all of Cryptic's games.
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have one that i think is worth adding to the list, its not an issue in PvE, only PvP, and that is slowing. Slowing does not in any way seem to hamper anyones ability to dodge, it doesnt slow the animation or reduce the length or make it cost extra stamina, nothing. But it DOES slow GWF's sprint, they sprint at a crawl when slowed. This is a mechanic that very much cripples one class more than any other, especially since they cant 'dodge' damage in the first place. Disabling dodges would be too much, but upping the stamina cost might be fair.

A simple function for dealing with AFk'ers would be a report button on their icon that gives the player 60 seconds to respond, or they will be penalized. This way people who just need to get up real fast will have 1-2 minutes at least, and so you cant just report anyone you want. I'm sure it would at least cut back on the act, even though some people will cross their arms, join a match sit by the fire and deflect it anyways.. It'd help.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is an easy way to handle AFKers...

Currently the party leader can kick the offender out of the match. Now folks disconnect etc and real happens but personally if i find a camper sitting around in the base camp the entire match. Expecially in a very close match 4v5 (because of the idler) I will kick them in a second... but wait until the last 10 points before we loose.

No pity for the idle troll...