test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Same in-game name

flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just got queued up with someone who had the same name as an alt of mine, is this a bug or are we allowed to have any name?
Post edited by flakeless on

Comments

• cipher5272cipher5272 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone in the game could have the same name, because it's the account handle that differentiates them.

I can't make topics yet so please forgive the hijack (though I did answer your question :) )

I bought a Professions pack on my Cleric and got a special asset from it. If I make another character am I able to mail it to him, or is it bound to the character?
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cipher5272 wrote: »
    Everyone in the game could have the same name, because it's the account handle that differentiates them.

I can't make topics yet so please forgive the hijack (though I did answer your question :) )

I bought a Professions pack on my Cleric and got a special asset from it. If I make another character am I able to mail it to him, or is it bound to the character?

Does the item say it is Bound to Character or not? Pretty easy to figure out on your own
  • flakelessflakeless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cipher5272 wrote: »

Ew, lame -- thanks.
  • piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is an option to make the @handle visible too somewhere in the options.
  • cipher5272cipher5272 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    Does the item say it is Bound to Character or not? Pretty easy to figure out on your own
    It doesn't say, but I just logged in and realized I am unable to do anything with it but assign it to my character. Which is complete BS. If you spend $100 on the Zen store (which I haven't, just $10) for one character and then want to roll a new one...

Well, PWE is being exceptionally greedy. This just killed my motivation to continue playing.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    I just got queued up with someone who had the same name as an alt of mine, is this a bug or are we allowed to have any name?

Cool isn't it. Just like in real life you can have multiple John Smiths running around.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flakeless wrote: »
    Ew, lame -- thanks.

Why? I'd rather take the odd chance i'd see someone with the same name than simply not getting a name i want because someone decided to sit on it, or if someone else has it and then stops playing the name is locked forever. Or worse, like Rift, where i had a name, played to about level 40, took a month off, and came back to server mergers. Had to change my name, not the other person. Pretty much turned me off ever playing again as i felt less connected to my character. This is the best system in any MMO (STO has it too, i think Champions too) that i've seen.

Don't want to see someone with the same name? Come up with better names. At least you don't see similar with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> added to it.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah handles suck period because no where in character creation does it say anything about that being your name in chat and with the handles starting with the @ sign it makes the whole thing a huge detriment to Role Play because who in a D&D setting would name want their name starting with @insert name here....
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah handles suck period because no where in character creation does it say anything about that being your name in chat and with the handles starting with the @ sign it makes the whole thing a huge detriment to Role Play because who in a D&D setting would name want their name starting with @insert name here....

LOLWAT.

You don't have to use the handle in role playing bro.

The ridiculous things people manage to complain about will never cease to amaze me.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's what happens when players rely on the "random" name generator. It only has a limited number of names to choose from.
    @Powerblast in game