test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zoom into my toon.

zer303606zer303606 Member Posts: 10
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
is there a way to zoom in more like over the shoulder view? without pressing b.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• patapawnpatapawn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i want to know about it too =P
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, at least not yet. Likely they will include this eventually, given it exists in other games made with other versions of this engine and the great demand for this feature. Keep in mind that this is only Open Beta and things are not finished yet.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No you cannot, you can only zoom in and out while in "Look" mode which is when you hit "B"
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    No, at least not yet. Likely they will include this eventually, given it exists in other games made with other versions of this engine and the great demand for this feature. Keep in mind that this is only Open Beta and things are not finished yet.

most likely they will not change this because of Draw Distances and other mechanics implemented in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    armored22 wrote: »
    No you cannot, you can only zoom in and out while in "Look" mode which is when you hit "B"

Thats a shame :<
  • inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice for outdoor situations, but indoors it's useless. Most of the time you are too close to pillars, walls, thrones, etc. for camera scroll to matter. Most dungeons are packed crawls with little open space unfortunately.
  • dragonbournedragonbourne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inexist wrote: »
    It would be nice for outdoor situations, but indoors it's useless. Most of the time you are too close to pillars, walls, thrones, etc. for camera scroll to matter. Most dungeons are packed crawls with little open space unfortunately.

Even indoors, I feel I'd benefit more by a closer camera. As it stands, being so zoomed out and it not being isometric, my view is extremely limited if I am trying to scout out a room I'm about to enter.
  • crimsonsky32crimsonsky32 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope they add the ability to zoom in close. I hate playing the game zoomed so far out. I like to be as close to my character as possible so I can see things better.
  • makerofthings65makerofthings65 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least you can hit B, though a free floating zoom whenever would have been nice.
  • zer303606zer303606 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    ok that sucks.
  • sax555sax555 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    The problem with pressing 'B' is that in inspection mode you cannot fight mobs or interact with NPCs.
    Is there any way to adjust the default fixed camera distance in normal mode?
    I would just prefer the camera to be closer without necessarily having any zoom adjustment.
  • crimsonsky32crimsonsky32 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sax555 wrote: »
    The problem with pressing 'B' is that in inspection mode you cannot fight mobs or interact with NPCs.
    Is there any way to adjust the default fixed camera distance in normal mode?
    I would just prefer the camera to be closer without necessarily having any zoom adjustment.

This would be satisfactory to me as well...perhaps if they let us set our own default camera distance in the options menu. I would be happy with pretty much anything that let me play with the camera closer to my character.
  • zer303606zer303606 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    ok fix this now cryptic. need to zoom in more and out.
  • simyazzisimyazzi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if they include a zoom. I mean, whats the point of adding all the customization when you really cant see it? Seems like a way to push the game (If its not added) by saying look at all the incredible customization when in reality it wouldn't matter if the chars all had the basic same face with a few hair colors since you cant really see the detail!
    If its not added seems like a waist of time to even bother with trying to customize your char.
    Hope im wrong and they do add it. Its really needed, at least Id like it.