test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Story / Rpg server

darkenedeye1fdarkenedeye1f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know the technology allows for a single server, however I would like to request a separate RPG / story server to allow a more RPG centric game to be played. This would have a separate foundry / foundry review so that role players can find and vote for the types of adventure they like. This could be implemented on the standard server using a hidden set of instance levels accessed by those with an RPG flag... The foundry changes could be done via an extra set of review options
Post edited by darkenedeye1f on

Comments

• fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why not just have an official rp website where people can meet, schedule events and rate foundry stuff.. Having a seperate shard seems like a bad idea if you ask me.
  • xianclinnxianclinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know the technology allows for a single server, however I would like to request a separate RPG / story server to allow a more RPG centric game to be played. This would have a separate foundry / foundry review so that role players can find and vote for the types of adventure they like. This could be implemented on the standard server using a hidden set of instance levels accessed by those with an RPG flag... The foundry changes could be done via an extra set of review options

I agree, a separate role play server is a great idea - on paper.
    However when set into motion, it will likely suffer from a big problem, server population or a lack of it.
    I don't see this game ever having the kind of population that could support a healthy RPG server.
    Beyond the population problem itself, great idea but you'd be better off creating a RPG focused guild.

I do understand RPGers well, they prefer to be on servers with like minded players and not other players who ruin the immersion or troll a live role play.
    This happens on RPG server too of course, just not nearly as often, as PVPers and other gamers tend to get bored quickly and not know what the hell is going on.
    As I said though, in a few months after launch, don't think this game will be able to support a population for a RPG exclusive server, only problem with it.
  • darkenedeye1fdarkenedeye1f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I thought of the same issues tbh, that's why my original post had a means to do it inside the existing single server system. This would allow RP gamers or story heavy players to get immersion, but as they are a sub group of the bigger world it should be possible to enable cross-links to exist. Thus you can decide to join either RP shard or standard at any time by turning on/off a flag... then the next time you zone you enter the RP or standard world view.