test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonfire didn't remove a minor injury

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
stood at the bonfire for over 5 minutes and it didn't take away my injury. It was the bonfire in the sewers for the Kobold quest.

I was in my character sheet for a bit - maybe that is what caused the thing not to go away?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How long do we have to stand at a bonfire?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did nearly the same thing - if you put your mouse over the fire icon buff it'll show you how long you have left. After the injury mend time expired, my injury remained. I let it go another five minutes and it removed the injury. So, first five minutes apparently doesn't count.
  • Options
    keegantir0keegantir0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I stayed in one for the full 15 minutes that the fire buff is active on you after first entering it, and did not lose my wound. Had to go back to town to lose it.
  • Options
    majhookmajhook Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You need to use an injury kit to remove the wound. This happens when you die in game. Resting at the fire will not cure that only a kit will.
  • Options
    unjustbladeunjustblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited April 2013
    majhook wrote: »
    You need to use an injury kit to remove the wound. This happens when you die in game. Resting at the fire will not cure that only a kit will.

No, resting at a fire heals injuries. I've had this happen too. Had to sit there for ten minutes in order for it remove the injury. Read the buff when you are at a fire next time.
  • Options
    presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Died the first time today, a couple of times attempting the Mad Dragon. He sure is.
    remembered someplace that i had to rest at the fire. so i did, till it logged me out from being inactive. logged back in, none of the 3 injuries i had went. so i waited again for about 10 minutes, nothing.
    so i went to town, and stood at the prayer location at the top of the stairs, i assumed/hoped this would remove my injuries... nothing.
    With about 40 minutes making coffe and eating during this downtime, no injuries had been removed so I used a injury scroll i got at 30 and went out adventuring again. Thought I was wrong about the fireplace taking away my injuries hence why I'm here seeking answers.
  • Options
    grahamlitegrahamlite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fire icon does not even show injury recovery any longer. So what's the deal, no more recovery from standing in the fire ? Do we have to buy recovery Kits from now on ? That would not be good. This Problem needs to be addressed please.
  • Options
    eestueestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just posting that this error is still happening, died first time, the starting campfire did not being up the recovery buff, soon as i made it to a second campfire the buff started. upon waiting the 3min the buff icon mentioned, noting happend the the buff restarted from 3 min, waiting the next set the buff icon will just keep reseting with no effect.
  • Options
    mitziimitzii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just watch the Mending Wounds countdown and it reached 4 seconds... then went back to 5... 4... 5... 3:00 mins.

So yeah... and I still have my minor injury...
  • Options
    betazeebetazee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed the timer on companion training runs down to 0 and then starts counting negative (i.e. -1,-2,-3...) for approx 30 secs before returning the companion from training.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    On the injury, I saw this as well. I fixed it by leaving the fire area and returning to it so that the injury healing buff was reapplied. It worked then. When you are standing in a fire you get 2 buffs. 1 is +1 to all stats, the other is the remove injury buff. The remove injury buff has a 3 minute timer that counts down and when it reaches zero it removes one minor injury or downgrades one major injury.

I've commented about the timers being off before and they fixed a little bit of it. Looks like its time to make another thread with details about what is currently not working.
  • Options
    imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not even seeing the second healing icon when I am at a campfire...broken or did they pull that out of the game so you have to use an injury kit?
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some of the campfires seem to not be working. The area with the Werewolves, Vellos or something, never gave me the second icon. I tried a couple different campfires and ended up going back to town to heal the injury I had.

Campfires do still work, at least most of them do. Some of them seem to be buggy though and need to be reported. Next time I get an injury I'll go by Vellos and see if any of the campfires give me the proper buff. If I remember of course. =/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Went by Vellros, not a single one of the campfires gave me the injury removing buffs. Tried entering and leaving them a couple times as well as sitting there for awhile to see if it showed up. Ended up going to town to get it removed.

Oh and the campfire before the end boss in Wolf Den does not always showup for me. There are also a couple of spots where all the character models vanish on my screen.
This discussion has been closed.