test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone playing this on Mac?

bigglefroo6bigglefroo6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know there is a thread somewhere about this but I wasn't able to locate it using the search.

My brother wants to give the game a shot but can't seem to get it installed with Bootcamp. I was wondering if anyone else had got the game up and running via Mac?
Post edited by bigglefroo6 on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    People are running it via Bootcamp and WINE.

I'll look for the thread but the game most definitely works through those programs.

EDIT - No luck. Sadly the search isn't very helpful for 3 letter words like Mac. :(
    And the forums have buried it good.
  • Options
    bigglefroo6bigglefroo6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Thanks very much ambisinisterr, I will let him know to try WINE since Bootcamp is giving him no luck
  • Options
    kodaa1204kodaa1204 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher is pretty dumb in wine, gotta install IE on wine, and then most of the time it gets stuck at a white page that says loading.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have boot camp on my Mac and have been playing the game fine. You say you're having a hard time installing the game... Boot Camp just turns your Mac into a PC, so installing the game is done normally. You click the big DOWNLOAD button on the Cryptic page, get the launcher, and let it do its thing.

What is your friend trying to do? Do you have a copy of windows to install after you get Boot Camp in?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have boot camp on my Mac and have been playing the game fine. You say you're having a hard time installing the game... Boot Camp just turns your Mac into a PC, so installing the game is done normally. You click the big DOWNLOAD button on the Cryptic page, get the launcher, and let it do its thing.

What is your friend trying to do? Do you have a copy of windows to install after you get Boot Camp in?

My brother has a window partition on his Mac installed, I can only assume through Bootcamp (I have no clue about Macs). He says he has tried to install it before but it gets stuck at a certain point during the process. I will get him to give it another go before giving up for good.
  • Options
    aarnivalkeaaarnivalkea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I installed mine on a Windows XP partition. On installation for me it looked like it was getting stuck at a certain point but I walked away for a while and it finished just fine.
  • Options
    velektorvelektor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play on a MAC via Bootcamp, no problems whatsoever.
  • Options
    taeryltaeryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Someone has posted a Wine Wrapper on the Porting Team site.

http://portingteam.com/files/file/7839-neverwinter-dungeons-dragons/

Another option is using Crossover. I'm going to try out both (still patching) and compare the performance on my Mac and go with the better one. The Porting Team wrapper may be the better of the two options since there is more community support for it than via Crossover at the moment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You guys are great, thank you for the replies and advice