test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storming the keep's boss has to much health.

draconon1997draconon1997 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Or that's what it seems to be, skirmishes are meant to be 10-15 minutes right? Storming the keep's last boss takes 5 to 8 minutes alone to kill depending on the group. I know i'm not the only one who thinks this. sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot.
For thoes who don't know things by name yet this is the bandit/pirate skirmish
Post edited by draconon1997 on

Comments

• banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    It does take a very long time considering the mechanic of the fight is relatively simple and repetitive.

I had a group that lost a DPS to a d/c and it took us a good 20 minutes to take him down.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • anathemakanathemak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most health pool (relative) on any 5man boss I've ever seen in ANY mmo.
  • varnavarna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This fight straight up takes twice as long as it should. It's a total slog.

The green dragon fight also takes way too long, but at least it isn't so boring.
  • piklenpiklen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last boss fight sure is repetitive and tedious. Make him more interesting like his kicks.
  • neliahawkneliahawk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (if that is the skirmish map with the pirate boss, then)
    there are just like 2 or 3 waves of minions that are killed relatively quickly and just leaves the boss to be beat up 90% of the time you spend fighting him.

if i compare that to the dungeon map endboss fight in the crypt (?) that had tons of hexer minions and this whole fight was way more challenging than just beating up the skirmish pirate boss for 90% of the time with 10% minion break time.
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bosses are longer later on, they can also actually kill partys, wait until Mad Dragon :P.
  • fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're whining about early easy mode dungeons? I guess you wont be playing Epic Dungeons then.
    (⊙ω⊙)
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • draconon1997draconon1997 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fishcow wrote: »
    You're whining about early easy mode dungeons? I guess you wont be playing Epic Dungeons then.
    (⊙ω⊙)

easy mode? yes, long as hell? yes, I'm posting a complaint over the time of something that takes 20-25 minutes when in core a skirmish should be 10-15 minutes long, hard is good i just don't like snooze fest time sink bosses.
  • draconon1997draconon1997 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bosses are longer later on, they can also actually kill partys, wait until Mad Dragon :P.

Long and dangers? good. long and insanely easy? bad.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fishcow wrote: »
    (⊙ω⊙)

No, he is complaining about there being no challenge in spending 20-30 minutes hitting an easy, non-threatening boss. This first happens in the skirmishes, then continues with the dungeons, like that dragon in Hotenow, which yesterday took my group over 30 minutes to down. It wasn't difficult, just disproportionally long. It took longer than the whole rest of the dungeon. It's one of the places I will probably do one more time, the epic version, but then not queue again for it. This could be made harder (more adds) and more fun (halving the HP).
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!