test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is this "Exclusive Drow Costume" ?

captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In there video selling the "Hero's of the North Pack" they talk about playing in style with your unique drow costume and show much footage of these slick looking Drow but in game I see drow and they look like everyone else. what gives. sadly this is what is holding me back from rolling a Renegade Menzo right now.
Post edited by captncarnage25 on

Comments

• Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What about costumes generally? Where can I find/buy different fashion clothing styles? Also, modify their appearance?

Also, if I toggle between displaying my armor and my fashion clothing, does the computer consider it as still wearing the armor? In other words, can I wear fashion clothing into combat?
  • Options
    captncarnage25captncarnage25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    anashim wrote: »
    What about costumes generally? Where can I find/buy different fashion clothing styles? Also, modify their appearance?

Also, if I toggle between displaying my armor and my fashion clothing, does the computer consider it as still wearing the armor? In other words, can I wear fashion clothing into combat?

GOOD questions! cant wait to hear the reply.
  • Options
    myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GOOD questions! cant wait to hear the reply.

I am not sure, about where you can find them to buy, however I am fairly sure you can wear them into combat without penalty.

I'll have to do some experimenting when the servers are back up.
  • Options
    fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    This thread brings up a topic that I have really been hoping to discuss, so I hope you don't mind if I hijack your thread, kind sir.

I've played a number of Perfect World games, like Forsaken World and Perfect World International. All of these games are F2P, and if you're only interested in PvE, you will probably have a great time. Perfect World games usually feature large and beautiful worlds, and Neverwinter is certainly no disappointment. Unfortunately, Perfect World Entertainment seems to be somewhat of a scurrilous company that usually turns their cash shops into a pay-to-win enterprise. I fear that soon we will begin to undergo constant, if oh so subtle, encouragement to improve upon gear, mounts, and other things you cannot earn in-game. This has made PvP in previous Perfect World games almost impossible, because once the usual horde of cash shoppers arrives, players that are F2P don't stand a chance.

What I would like to know is what measures are the Moderators and Devs of the game taking to make sure that such a large rift in power is not opened between players who pay and players who don't. I hope I have an admin response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • Options
    banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    You can play in your formal gear with your combat gear stats in full effect.

Most formal gear is obtained from either a founders pack, tramudline bars (from nightmare lockboxes) or zen. When I say most, I mean all at this stage. I'm not certain if Tailors can make fancy stuff now or in the future.

But thus far zen sinks are all vanity and aesthetical items, so my guess is it will stay that way.

As for the pay to win fella above, I really don't see how it is paying to win. You can access the same combat gear through effort and time, all a person is buying with zen to AD or zen outright is pretty looking things or a time advantage to access something before the average player.

IMO that is not P2W, P2W is purchasing an advantage that cannot be accessed by someone else not willing to spend money.
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    P2W doesn't exist here.
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's the outfit that comes with the Founder pack then there's the 3 in the cash shop but frankly the 2 of the 3 in the cash shop don't scream buy me now. If you look at what gorgeousness PWI offers up in their other games like Jade Dynasty & Forsaken World for example, much of those do scream buy me so hopefully that same creativity makes it here.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    It does, even if you don't want to admit it, it does.

It doesn't, you just like to think it does simply because there's a cash shop that offers nothing anyone has to have in order to play.
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys for the replies about the fashion items.

Thats cool that players can wear their fashions into combat!

Re the Player v Player. I havent done it yet. But maybe the contenders can divide up by both level and total monetary value of the items? Players with high-value items could voluntarily remove them to inventory to qualify to fight with a player with less valuable items.
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    anashim wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that displaying fashion clothing doesn't unequip/make your combat stuff inactive. It just shows your fashion clothes and uses the stats from your armour.
  • Options
    charlennecharlenne Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as they don't implement another rank gear system (which was the p2w cause in PWI), it shouldn't be too troublesome. I like that they give out the peasent tunic stuff at the beginning of the game (upon first time entering the city) and that you can dye diffrent aspects of your clothing. Though i would wish for more fashion designs ingame and the zen shop to stay fashion/dye/fireworks/mounts/flyers only.
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Bags? Identify Scrolls?

There's tonnes in the cash shop and purchasable through AD (which is just a secondary Zen) that is nigh a requirement to play.

Bags are very nice to have and improves the quality of play, but by no stretch of the imagination are needed. Same thing for identify scrolls, which I always have a huge surplus from drops without ever dipping into any of my founder pack stuff.