test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats the point of boss/Epic loot being BoE

forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
It just makes pve content P2W potentially. Its almost an obvious attempt from PWE to make money. theres absolutely no other reason boss loot wouldnt be BOP unless they dont care about people actually doing content or earning rewards but just money...

its quite disgusting actually...

edit: also, the info in the dungeon drop list is blatantly wrong. i found tier 1 chest pieces in cragmire crypts when it should be in throen of tides. why even put stuff in writing if your going to **** all over it?
Post edited by forsakenlich1 on

Comments

• Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So you get more options, it enhances economy, and you complain. If everything was BOP then I would not hqve a single blue item from dungeons. Luckily I can sell items for AD and then use that AD to buy what I need. It is called an economy. As for your criticism this is an attempt to make money......you do reali I e they are not a nonprofit company right? Oh and believe it or not the costs to develop and run these games are tremendous.
  • Options
    nibbasnibbas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    So you get more options, it enhances economy, and you complain. If everything was BOP then I would not hqve a single blue item from dungeons. Luckily I can sell items for AD and then use that AD to buy what I need. It is called an economy. As for your criticism this is an attempt to make money......you do reali I e they are not a nonprofit company right? Oh and believe it or not the costs to develop and run these games are tremendous.

your logic is not valid

if items were BOP these ninja trolls would have no use of epics now everyone roll need, if they cant use the item they sell it
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nibbas wrote: »
    your logic is not valid

if items were BOP these ninja trolls would have no use of epics now everyone roll need, if they cant use the item they sell it

Seems the real change needs to be with the loot system so you can only roll need if you are of a class that could use the piece of gear, and even more ideally if you didn't already have it.

Taking away the ability to sell it isn't the answer unless you are looking to try and be an elitist.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's BoE and BOP?
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    leisses wrote: »
    What's BoE and BOP?

Bind on Equip and Bind on Pickup. It's the difference in whether you can trade/sell an item to players or if you can only use it personally or vendor it.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nibbas wrote: »
    your logic is not valid

My logic is just fine. Fact is I have not once seen cleric item drop and quite frequently havd had rogues roll greed cause they already had the item or better. The problem you seem to have is the people you group with. The solution is to actually make friends and know who you are grouping with.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The biggest issue is not that it is boe, but that you can roll need on things that you cannot use. Having both is a nightmare and causes people to avoid pug runs whenever they can.
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i havent had a single 'ninja' yet

its not a nightmare this game has attracted a sensible community
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Er, so what's your problem then?
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

because the f2p'ers haven't hit 60 yet.

give it a week.
  • Options
    difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    The biggest issue is not that it is boe, but that you can roll need on things that you cannot use. Having both is a nightmare and causes people to avoid pug runs whenever they can.

This is a very important issue. Many times I have seen GF 'Need' on Very Rare TR gear simply because it was purple. Players should only be allowed to 'Need' on a class-specific items or items with no class restrictions. I would hate to start seeing excuses like, "It's for my friend" or "I'm saving for my alt." T.T
  • Options
    carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clurdge wrote: »

yea yea stfu
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    All I have seen so far is one person in the group rolling need on every item that drops, whether or not it is usable by their class or not. I would love to see a feature added where you can't need on items you can't use. I personally don't have an issue with it being BoE, just that there needs to be a mechanic to prevent people from rolling need on all items whether they can use it or not.
  • Options
    mandelhandlemandelhandle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree with you epixcomix you should make a suggestion of this.
  • Options
    losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just watch the first few rolls, if there's a guy in there rolling need then I just roll need on everything if everyone does it then it doesn't matter same odds. In anycase the gear seems like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway and none of it looks good at least level 29 and down.