test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For the Dev's and Makers of Neverwinter to Answer

wraithgorewraithgore Member Posts: 95 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As I have not seen in the forums this question asked yet, or if it has could someone at least put this and the list of questions I have answered in a sticky for us Beta Testers to know what exactly will happen.

1) Will all of our characters we create in the beta/open beta Go back to level 1 when it goes full release?

2) If so, what bonuses do those of us who have beta tested get in in-game items or gifts for crashing your servers numerous times? :)

3) When is your projected date of release actually? Seeing how the servers are performing which must be properly load balanced and I'm not seeing that effect occur properly. Do we see a set back with this open beta?

4) Are we going to have more shards opened with the heavier influx of people? If so, will we be able to move our Characters from Shard to Shard or even a whole guild as some other MMO's can.

5) How soon before we can actually see a Foundry that is stable to build in? I would like to develop in it for I have a few old AD&D stories to use, but I was hoping to try it tonight and found the server just left me at the login screne when going there. Bug? or Just I have to sign up somewhere to be a Foundry Maker?

6) What version of AD&D rules are you using, for the core dice rolling if any at all. 3, 3.5 or 4? Or just a generic system based of the WoTC d20 system? (Sorry the gamer in me truly coming through and technician)

Thanks and hope to hear from the dev's especially to the first question. As it is very important I think to this community.

Thanks,
Wraith

Comments

• fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of these questions has been answered. Use the search button.
    (⊙ω⊙)
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • wraithgorewraithgore Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Fish, appreciate the fast reply. But wouldn't it be a smart move of the Dev's to put it as a Sticky at the top of either this section of the forum? Or some other? And not all my questions mind you but some of those relevant to us who are enjoying the game and how it's working.
  • endofriversendofrivers Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wraithgore wrote: »
    As I have not seen in the forums this question asked yet, or if it has could someone at least put this and the list of questions I have answered in a sticky for us Beta Testers to know what exactly will happen.

1) Will all of our characters we create in the beta/open beta Go back to level 1 when it goes full release?

2) If so, what bonuses do those of us who have beta tested get in in-game items or gifts for crashing your servers numerous times? :)

3) When is your projected date of release actually? Seeing how the servers are performing which must be properly load balanced and I'm not seeing that effect occur properly. Do we see a set back with this open beta?

4) Are we going to have more shards opened with the heavier influx of people? If so, will we be able to move our Characters from Shard to Shard or even a whole guild as some other MMO's can.

5) How soon before we can actually see a Foundry that is stable to build in? I would like to develop in it for I have a few old AD&D stories to use, but I was hoping to try it tonight and found the server just left me at the login screne when going there. Bug? or Just I have to sign up somewhere to be a Foundry Maker?

6) What version of AD&D rules are you using, for the core dice rolling if any at all. 3, 3.5 or 4? Or just a generic system based of the WoTC d20 system? (Sorry the gamer in me truly coming through and technician)

Thanks and hope to hear from the dev's especially to the first question. As it is very important I think to this community.

Thanks,
    Wraith

1) There will be no more wipes, you're characters will remain intact.

2) N/A

3) I'm not a developer, so I do not know. Although, I'm fairly certain they haven't released an official date yet.

4) From what I understand from other players, they will actually be MERGING the three servers together in due time.

5) Not a clue, I haven't played with the Foundry yet either.

6) This is based on Fourth Edition. Hense the dailies, encounter, and At-Will abilities. EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure there are no rolls going on in the background. I mean, we never miss so...
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you mean like the stickied Extended FAQ which is stickied above this thread?
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info Endofrivers. Much appreciated. And I know what you mean about not missing. It kind of drives me nuts so it's like the typical rolls we used to do with d20 mean diddly squat. LOL. Sure it's nice to be attacking and kill throughout the process yet they do hit you no matter what as well. So it is a give and take. If they meld to one server I would wonder what it's going to be like on peak hours with from what I'm seeing when I was queued the first night of open beta, of 25k - 30K of people over 3 servers not all in one. Going be a bit crowded in the city I think.
    edited May 2013
    Fine Jetah just push it harder into my head I didn't look closely enough. :) Sorry for asking the questions. I apologize if it was a waste of a post.