test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any way to just get a subscription?

rebeldaddyrebeldaddy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I dont think there currently is a monthly sub for this game but I was wondering whom else would be interested? I am obviously. I was hoping to get input from more seasoned players of Neverwinter. I dont expect everything for 15 bucks or such. But I would love a good middle of the road package that let me have X amount of AD or full access to all parts of the game and such. I have only gotten one toon to lvl 14 and so far have had a very good time. I dont know enough yet to say if I am getting the full game experience or not.
Thanks for any positive input regarding this.
Post edited by rebeldaddy on

Comments

• Options
    losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a properly done F2P game with a moderate base that pays for items within the game makes a lot more money then a moderately popular game with a subscription base. I think WOW as an anomaly, no other game has reproduced its subscription base and those that tried failed. I think this is the future of MMOs. on the plus side you can try them for a long time to see if you like them.
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping to make enough money off the AH to not pay a cent. I am level 48 right now without spending any money and I'm pretty sure I haven't encountered any restricted content other than nightmare lockboxes which I'm pretty sure don't have anything really except a chance of a mount, crafting mats and dyes.
  • Options
    rebeldaddyrebeldaddy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think that f2p is the way of the future of MMO's unless people just let themselves but cornered into that market. The companies are seeing better profits in some games. I think alot of this is simply due to people being able to "buy" their way to a winning scenario. A buddy of mine has been stationed in Afghanistan for a couple years. For him I totally understand him just throwing down a lot of cash and getting quickly to the top of a game. I personally would rather enjoy the game over a period of six months to a year.
    In my opinion I think a lot of the new games are coming out with a "gameplay life" of half a year with the "store" option there to allow new players to quickly catch up to their friends instead of having to put in the time. Just me. Oh well guess I am getting to old for the current MMO genre.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rebeldaddy wrote: »
    I dont think there currently is a monthly sub for this game but I was wondering whom else would be interested? I am obviously. I was hoping to get input from more seasoned players of Neverwinter. I dont expect everything for 15 bucks or such. But I would love a good middle of the road package that let me have X amount of AD or full access to all parts of the game and such. I have only gotten one toon to lvl 14 and so far have had a very good time. I dont know enough yet to say if I am getting the full game experience or not.

Send me your $15 per month and consider yourself subscribed:)
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Just buy $15-20 worth of zen each month, it'll work out about the same, and you'll have everything you want in no time.
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    F2P is 10x more costly to those that end up playing a lot (5-10h+). Most of those people end up paying $40-100 an month on these games.

$15.99 an month isnt anything to 89% of those that play mmos.
  • Options
    radmanvrradmanvr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I already spent 20 bucks on zen for bank slots. Theres no way to earn enough AD for the game to totally be free like wow. I buy a 90 day time card for 20k and i make 20k a week in wow.
  • Options
    ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I would pay a sub for this game, but it won't happen because of obvious reasons. Most of these chumps are willing to allow themselves to get ripped off. PWE would never add a Sub option because they would make less money, from the duel wielding credit card users. I will only play a F2P game if I can spend max 15 dollars a month and feel I am not missing out on much. This arguement has been tried over and over, ann I already know a ton of people who quit. Like any PWE game, loads more will. You cannot spend 15$ a month unless you're a casualist on this game. I'd say more like 60$ a month, and PWE will only make things worse as time goes on. Luckily, I am just waiting on my Subbed games to come out, and for my Beta to restart back up. Great games still have Subs, sub par games are f2p, because they are just there to grab your money then die, then restart.

Not to mention with F2P games like POE, where the game is actually free and you pay because you enjoy the game not because that is all the game is (heres looking at you NWO). Is keeping me occupied. Want to play a great F2P game, look up POE and GGG. You'll see a whole new light about rip off cash shops.
  • Options
    ringshotringshot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I would pay a sub for this game, but it won't happen because of obvious reasons. Most of these chumps are willing to allow themselves to get ripped off. PWE would never add a Sub option because they would make less money, from the duel wielding credit card users. I will only play a F2P game if I can spend max 15 dollars a month and feel I am not missing out on much. This arguement has been tried over and over, ann I already know a ton of people who quit. Like any PWE game, loads more will. You cannot spend 15$ a month unless you're a casualist on this game. I'd say more like 60$ a month, and PWE will only make things worse as time goes on. Luckily, I am just waiting on my Subbed games to come out, and for my Beta to restart back up. Great games still have Subs, sub par games are f2p, because they are just there to grab your money then die, then restart.

Not to mention with F2P games like POE, where the game is actually free and you pay because you enjoy the game not because that is all the game is (heres looking at you NWO). Is keeping me occupied. Want to play a great F2P game, look up POE and GGG. You'll see a whole new light about rip off cash shops.

This is why I won't be long in this game also. If it had a sub, sure fine not a problem but I have had a lot of experience with PWE to know better. SO as it is now, I am playing completely for free. If there is something I can't do oh well I didn't need it anyways. Bag space, yea would be nice oh well to bad to sad don't need it that bad. A cool companion that is better then level 15, yea would be nice oh well to bad so sad ain't going to happen. I actually liked DDO's model they had way back when I use to play that game. Not sure if it has changed since I played so I have to qualify it. LoTR also has a model where you can pay a sub fee with lots of perks too. Although never really played that game much either to say how well that worked or not.

Anyways you can't make the argument that I should spend money, just like I can't make the argument you shouldn't spend money. All I can do is wish you happiness. If it makes you happy then continue on, if it doesn't make you happy then change something to make you happy. No point in playing a game that makes you unhappy, just seems silly to me.
  • Options
    pungkapungka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buy $60 worth of Zen(or founders pack) and $15 each month. It's pretty much the same.
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    radmanvr wrote: »
    I already spent 20 bucks on zen for bank slots. Theres no way to earn enough AD for the game to totally be free like wow. I buy a 90 day time card for 20k and i make 20k a week in wow.

Who is paying 40$ for 20k? You can make that much in 2 days selling embersilk on my server.
  • Options
    silky1979silky1979 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think that f2p is the way of the future of MMO's unless people just let themselves but cornered into that market. The companies are seeing better profits in some games. I think alot of this is simply due to people being able to "buy" their way to a winning scenario. A buddy of mine has been stationed in Afghanistan for a couple years. For him I totally understand him just throwing down a lot of cash and getting quickly to the top of a game. I personally would rather enjoy the game over a period of six months to a year.
    In my opinion I think a lot of the new games are coming out with a "gameplay life" of half a year with the "store" option there to allow new players to quickly catch up to their friends instead of having to put in the time. Just me. Oh well guess I am getting to old for the current MMO genre.

i feel as you do
  • Options
    pungkapungka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013

PoE is ok...but I'm pretty sure that game is making money solely off of people's hatred for Diablo 3. I played it for a few weeks and got bored. Really their F2P model is in the other extreme. Like there is nothing worth buying. Even the cosmetic stuff is kinda lame.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only subscription is the one you set for yourself. You could purchase 1500 Zen per month. PWE hates subscriptions for whatever reason and will always make F2P games unless the F2P craze dies and MMOs go back to subs. The only reason that Champions Online and Star Trek Online is that they have lifetime subscriptions. Being a subscriber in Star Trek Online sucks compared to other freemium MMOs. For subscribing there are only two sensible decisions, buy a lifetime subscription during one of their lifetime sales or subscribe for a month when you level your character to max.