test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yo Devs -> Removing runes needs to be made clear that rune is Destroyed...

rothmans2krothmans2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Extremely dissatisfied with the complete lack of information regarding the removal of runes when you remove a rune.
On top of that having to pay to remove the rune.

In a nutshell I paid a ridiculous amount to remove a rune I had placed in an armor with a slot, in order to transfer the rune to a new armor. To my utter dismay and horror my level 5 rune was destroyed.

The text you get when you drag a rune off of an item simply displays the amount of crystals u have and what it will cost to remove the rune. It does not say anywhere the rune will be destroyed this makes it seem very obvious that since you are paying a ridiculous sum and it does not say it will destroy the rune that the run must be preserved in the extraction process.

I insist that Perferctworld is at fault for not making it clear that your rune will be destroyed and I want my rune back!

What is the point of destroying the rune? Obviously I've outgrown my armor and want to upgrade that and not the rune itself. If anything you are more than welcome to destroy the old armor which I no longer want or need. I'm so upset by this that I'll most probably quit and go back to guildwars2 and path of exile if I don't get my rune back. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ps. dear perfectworld, I spend money on and in my games but with issues like this I can't realistically see myself spending another dollar with you unless it is rectified.
Post edited by rothmans2k on

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah my runes are never destroyed when I remove them.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once again...knowing how to play the game goes a long way.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what ?
    I'm guessing you drug it off into space ? Or it stacked with one you already had .
    You can place a rune over an old one , so no reason to ' destroy ' one .
  • Options
    oooo1111oooo1111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    paying to remove a rune saves the rune
    ive dont it like 30 times
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    I love threads like this. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    samanthyasamanthya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    ^^

• Options
    fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My sides, it just exited the galaxy.
    (⊙ω⊙)
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • Options
    rothmans2krothmans2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well thats great but my **** rune is nowhere to be found and no its not hiding in my inventory or stacked
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rothmans2k wrote: »
    Extremely dissatisfied with the complete lack of information regarding the removal of runes when you remove a rune.
    On top of that having to pay to remove the rune.

In a nutshell I paid a ridiculous amount to remove a rune I had placed in an armor with a slot, in order to transfer the rune to a new armor. To my utter dismay and horror my level 5 rune was destroyed.

The text you get when you drag a rune off of an item simply displays the amount of crystals u have and what it will cost to remove the rune. It does not say anywhere the rune will be destroyed this makes it seem very obvious that since you are paying a ridiculous sum and it does not say it will destroy the rune that the run must be preserved in the extraction process.

I insist that Perferctworld is at fault for not making it clear that your rune will be destroyed and I want my rune back!

What is the point of destroying the rune? Obviously I've outgrown my armor and want to upgrade that and not the rune itself. If anything you are more than welcome to destroy the old armor which I no longer want or need. I'm so upset by this that I'll most probably quit and go back to guildwars2 and path of exile if I don't get my rune back. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ps. dear perfectworld, I spend money on and in my games but with issues like this I can't realistically see myself spending another dollar with you unless it is rectified.

Derpa derp~~~~~ Not destroyed. never has been that way, isn't now and I do it a lot. Good work Special K.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    1. I dragged the rune to my inventory
    2. upon doing so the pay X window pops up
    3. click ok take my crystals to do the extraction
    4. rune is nowhere to be found on the item or in my inventory

where is the rune??
    so sure maybe it worked like 30 times for you, great, really great.
    I don't know if there was a bug introduced in the last few hours when the game patched earlier but it did not function as expected and I am now down a rune which I very much want back.
  • Options
    astralforgeastralforge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    epic_fail.jpg
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rothmans2k wrote: »
    where is the rune??
    so sure maybe it worked like 30 times for you, great, really great.
    I don't know if there was a bug introduced in the last few hours when the game patched earlier but it did not function as expected and I am now down a rune which I very much want back.

Yes, there's a magical bug that happens just for you. Be careful, it may extend to real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    taluntherattaluntherat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, how about trying the below.

1. Right click on item which has rune you want to remove.
    2. Click on 'Enchant item' (may be worded differently, shards down so I can't confirm.
    3. Click on the button next to the rune.
    4. Click on 'Remove' or what ever the single button that pops up is.
    5. Answer the questions about paying for it with AD appropriately, then look in your inventory, and your rune will be back.

I have performed this more than 30 times, and I have never lost a rune. However, during a beta weekend, I did drag a rune onto a rune that was still in the item and I did lose that one. But, that was my own ignorance on that one.