test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Price.. millions of diamonds.

areefursonareefurson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay the game's just started and I am seeing stuff bought and sold for millions of diamonds. How do I cash in this windfall of obscene wealth that some beta testers have found?
Post edited by areefurson on

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    Right now, there is a huge surplus of AD in the game, and a dearth of items. So you cash in by obtaining items and selling them for AD now; then later, when prices come down, you buy Zen with the AD.

Buy items with Zen and sell them, or buy AD with Zen directly. Or grind your butt off and sell the good items.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now, people with money are buying A.D. with Zen at a FURIOUS rate. Other people are playing the A.D. market, buying low and selling high. Some play the Auction House in the same manor.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hero of the North founders started with 2 million AD, Guardian founders started with 600k.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    I think they may have given the founder packs too many AD, which is the reason for the high prices that are intimidating free players that don't really know how to play an economy.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dunno, I can't find anything on the AH because half the search functions don't work.
  • areefursonareefurson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You kidding me. They get cool items and a mountain of wealth on top of that? :(
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even the 2,000,000 that you get as a Founder is only a fraction of the $200 you spent on the Pac.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • trustandfalltrustandfall Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, a mountain of wealth....

And still Perfect World wants to charge even their $200 supporters an additional $10 for every 10 keys to open lockboxes? Smart business model. Why they couldn't include a skeleton key for the $60 and up supporters blows my **** mind.
  • demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • eyepatchdudeeyepatchdude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, currently there is a surplus of AD, so prices on AH are inflated, and you can get nearly the maximum amount of ad for zen.

In a few months, as the AD gets consumed by things like respecs, unsocketing enchantments, rushing training/professions.. The market will stabilize, and AD will become more valuable.

If you can resist the urge to spend your AD, eventually you'll be able to get much more zen than you currently can.

and Aree, yes, HoTN get 2million AD as part of our $200 package.. If you were to buy $200 zen and convert to AD you would end up with between 9-11million AD..

The only long term bonuses that HoTN/Guardian get are a bag for each character, a rank 3 mount for each character, and a rank 3 companion for each character.

I don't know if the bags you get from questing are bound to character or not, If not, I could see how people could fairly easily blitz to the first bag, mail it to their main, and have bags for a small amount of time.. Or sell them on AH and have a rather limitless supply of AD.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Giving the HotN 2 million zen , basically made 1 zen = 500 AD for a couple of days . The rate of AD to zen will slowly go down now .
    This of course helped the founders , but it also helped the freebies too .
  • nazacanazaca Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Giving the HotN 2 million zen , basically made 1 zen = 500 AD for a couple of days . The rate of AD to zen will slowly go down now .
    This of course helped the founders , but it also helped the freebies too .

To start an economy, one must prime the pump. The founder's packs did that; and their customers paid them for it too! Heh.

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, a mountain of wealth....

And still Perfect World wants to charge even their $200 supporters an additional $10 for every 10 keys to open lockboxes? Smart business model. Why they couldn't include a skeleton key for the $60 and up supporters blows my **** mind.

Such a system would involve making every lockbox item bind on pickup and/or lockbox drops really rare with no other way to get them. So if I am rich and want to give a lockbox mount to a friend, then I couldn't do it. Besides lockbox items can make hundreds or even thousands of dollars for PWE for one mount or companion just because people with too much money and/or not enough sense buy them.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    1 million AD is only $20 right now, so it's not that much. People are selling the nightmare mount for 1.5 million AD, $30, which is a better price than other epic zen mounts and far below the ~$100-200 is could potentially cost to get one through lockboxes. All in all prices are pretty decent right now and just continue to fall.