test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should I buy founders pack or ZEN?

gr33nb1rdgr33nb1rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I should buy the founders pack or the equivalent in ZEN....

I don't want to buy both right now (don't know if I like the game THAAAT much yet).

Looking to either buy guardian pack (59.99 one) or 4950 ZEN...

Any advice pleaaase?
Post edited by gr33nb1rd on

Comments

• Options
    cipher5272cipher5272 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't make new topics for some reason, but...

Where the XP boosters?
  • Options
    devostifdevostif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would say hold off from spending any money on the game atm. It's definitely solid for a f2p game, but if you like mmos, then look up some of the games that are going to be coming out probably in the 4th quarter of 2013. Just have to be patient.
  • Options
    pungkapungka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To me it seems if you want purchasing power, you'll want the 60 dollar pack. You'll get tons of AD. If you just want to spend a few dollars, the 20 dollar founders pack seems like a waste. Just a lot of stuff to make your gameplay easier.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thx pungka ... so the 60k AD makes the pack worth it then?

Can I buy enchanted keys with AD?
  • Options
    evalocity11evalocity11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldnt. 60k AD is not a lot.

For example...I'm only level 16 but I have over 100,000 AD and thats just from buying 2 enchanted keys, opening the lockbox and getting those stupid idols that you give to the NPC for 40,000 AD each.
  • Options
    mgs1legacymgs1legacy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The $20 pack is overpriced imo, if it was about $10 I would buy it I think.. but u can get AD with $20 or a companion + a few keys or something like that instead of a bag + some items that help u out
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ZEN transfer to AD, unless you want the stuff from the packs.
  • Options
    cipher5272cipher5272 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about XP boosters? I thought that'd be a staple of the store... I'd be playing a second character if they had htem.
  • Options
    pungkapungka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldnt. 60k AD is not a lot.

For example...I'm only level 16 but I have over 100,000 AD and thats just from buying 2 enchanted keys, opening the lockbox and getting those stupid idols that you give to the NPC for 40,000 AD each.

Wow...you can get that much from lockboxes?! Maybe I should buy a few enchanted keys then.
    What about XP boosters? I thought that'd be a staple of the store... I'd be playing a second character if they had htem.

To me XP boosters sound like a waste in an MMO. All you would be doing is prematurely out-level the content. Unless it's your like 5th character and you've seen all the content and you just want to rush it. If you are just starting out like me, I would worry about XP boosters.
  • Options
    proceduralprocedural Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr33nb1rd wrote: »
    Thx pungka ... so the 60k AD makes the pack worth it then?

Can I buy enchanted keys with AD?

The $60 pack has 600k AD in it, not 60k.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thx for all the replies guys!

So if I bought 4950 zen... I could buy a hell of a lot of enchanted keys and end up getting perhaps more than the 60k AD you would get with founders? The only thing in the founders than interests me is the extra character slot + the armored mount...
  • Options
    sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr33nb1rd wrote: »
    Thx for all the replies guys!

So if I bought 4950 zen... I could buy a hell of a lot of enchanted keys and end up getting perhaps more than the 60k AD you would get with founders? The only thing in the founders than interests me is the extra character slot + the armored mount...

the guardian pack has 600k ADs, not 60k
    exchanging 4950 zen to ADs would net you right now around 2,400,000. may vary dependig on server...

so if those 2 things are the only ones that interest you (and I understand that, the guardian pack has tons of pure, worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that inflate the price idiotically), going with the zen is waaay better for you. You can get them with your zen/AD, and still would have a lot more left than what the guardians have, in case you want a bag, bank space or a purple companion later down the road.