test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Voice chat problem

mawkerymawkery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am getting an error message when trying to use voice chat push-to-talk. "svPushToTalk" takes 1 argument(s). svPushToTalk <int>.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

TIA
19.jpg
Post edited by mawkery on

Comments

• Options
    chumbucket1313chumbucket1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I fixed this by taking the game out of windowed mode. Also if you have any in game windows open it appears to cause the problem but me and my friend could talk if no windows were open.
  • Options
    toadlordtoadlord Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mawkery wrote: »
    I am getting an error message when trying to use voice chat push-to-talk. "svPushToTalk" takes 1 argument(s). svPushToTalk <int>.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

TIA

I'm having the same issue, but with no in game windows open and not in windowed mode. I can hear my friend, though. Could it be a f2p thing? My friend bought one of the founder packs (I don't remember which one) but I'm just F2P, does the Voice Chat require a certain level for F2P'ers? Or is there some configuration issue I'm missing?

I did find, in the Options menu>Audio under Voice Chat where I can test my mic and that works fine.
  • Options
    toadlordtoadlord Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toadlord wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue, but with no in game windows open and not in windowed mode. I can hear my friend, though. Could it be a f2p thing? My friend bought one of the founder packs (I don't remember which one) but I'm just F2P, does the Voice Chat require a certain level for F2P'ers? Or is there some configuration issue I'm missing?

I did find, in the Options menu>Audio under Voice Chat where I can test my mic and that works fine.

Just want to let anyone having this trouble know I fixed it. I thought I was in full screen mode, no min/max/close button up top, no task bar on bottom - that's full screen, right? WRONG....As it turns out, when I went to doublecheck, I was actually in Maximized Window mode. I took the advice of previous poster, set to full screen and no more problems.
  • Options
    replicaclonedreplicacloned Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am bumping this as I do not have time to dig through a whole bunch of threads right now.

My voice chat is not working, and the UI is missing a function to check my mic.
    I know my mic works as my friends and I use RaidCall, but we decided to check out the in-game voice chat.

I had the error that people are talking about above, but closing all windows cleared that up. My issue is this, I can not use the voice chat funtion. I select my mic from the drop down menu, and make sure the voice and mic volumes are all the way at 100%.

Here is the problem. The Test Microphone window is MISSING the "Start Recording" button. There is a black bar there, which I assume is where the green is supposed to show after recording. However, again, I can not record anything.

Push-to-talk does nothing. Open mic does nothing. I can not hear my friends when they talk. I can not hear anyone else in a party.
  • Options
    jugger989jugger989 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My voice chat works fine if I have no inventory or other in game submenu's or windows open. If I do have a submenu/window in game open I get the same message? Are we not able to talk if inventory is open? not sure if it is by design or bug? reported as a bug but have hard time finding anything on forum was grouped friend had same exact issue
  • Options
    gerunksgerunks Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue, tried the same things and didn't work :confused:
    ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=ynEumpxo0z11usDOCvypAJe%2bUXHnQmMS%2bapV8wtqlxQ%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage.email.perfectworld.com%2flib%2ffec216717c6d0778%2fm%2f3%2fNW_Hero_main_trigger_EN.jpg
  • Options
    sweetcapsaicinsweetcapsaicin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also having this issue. Push to talk does not work, cannot speak or hear anyone. The Start Recording Button is not there when testing the mic. I have changed from windowed, to windowed max, to full screen and there is no difference.
    SweetCapsaicin - 60 Cleric, Nibbledemon - 60 Control Wizard, SneakyDiva - 25 Rogue

Soldier Bee of the Sinister Swarm
    - Our Community is always looking for like-minded gamers -
    Feel free to visit our Multi-Gaming Community

Sinister Swarm
    Dragon Server

www.sinisterswarm.com

Hail Swarm!!