test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so whats point of Gold/Silver/Copper?

zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Regular cash = pointless

Nothing worth while to spend it on except potions and kits!

We can even buy Identify scrolls which are crucial!

Come on why have currency that's worth totally nothing?
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pots, more Pots and yet more Pots. Also did I mention Pots?
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'd complain if;
    • The only way to get the current loose-change items was with AD. Why would you want to run actual content to buy those remedial items?
    • AD dropped everywhere, it'd make no sense. Why not just have coins, after all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Member Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You will be able to survive everything with your infinite supply of wonderful salves!
    In the meantime, THOMAS WAS EVERYWHERE.

CoGQIYG.png
    Those bios are outdated. Have some steam guides:
    *CYBERMIND!*
    *FIRE AND NOT FIRE*
  • Options
    docterrydocterry Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey! I had 8 million...8 million! How many potions do I need? So, I bought another companion and am training her up. Didn't add much fun to my game play (my first companion had maxed out)..indeed it made it quite difficult at times.

But, now I have two companions and 795,000 health potions!
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    Regular cash = pointless

We can even buy Identify scrolls which are crucial!

Come on why have currency that's worth totally nothing?

Pots, and the non special mounts cost 5g.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Regular cash = pointless
    totally nothing?

You sir, are a genius!
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    add crafting to the list.
  • Options
    demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crafting/mounts/potions. You can also find some decent weapons/armor for some pretty good prices as well. You can also horde the gold. The last option is my favorite. I'm only level 29 though, so we'll see.
  • Options
    dav3ricdav3ric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hoarding is good. I like that option.
  • Options
    digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Trust me, those pots and injury kits are pretty darn expensive at level 60.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    docterry wrote: »
    Hey! I had 8 million...8 million! How many potions do I need? So, I bought another companion and am training her up. Didn't add much fun to my game play (my first companion had maxed out)..indeed it made it quite difficult at times.

But, now I have two companions and 795,000 health potions!

MAN i'm struggling to make 5g to buy a horse and you're complaining to have 8mil and nothing to do with em? gimmeh and i assure you i make good use of them! ;)
  • Options
    craaaaycraaaay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or give your gold to players who just turned 20 - they will need it for the mount :D
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The point is to make the main currency you can gain / farm during normal game-play useless, thus forcing you to the cash shop for the rest of the currency. This is a horrible use of the currency tier system.

/thread
  • Options
    matackamatacka Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where can you purchase a new companion? I purchased the wrong one spamming the '1' button last night, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I heard from somebody in game you could but never got an answer where. I ask this because due to this silly 'forum probation session' I cannot make my own thread...
  • Options
    angpeasant007angpeasant007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't want a new companion as the Cleric works well for me. I have (at last count) 74 potions sitting in my tool belt, all from mob drops. I have a horse.

On the next Hoarders:

peasant007 has filled her pouches with gold. "I just can't part with it. I know it's useless, but maybe someday I can use it! It's possible!"
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matacka wrote: »
    Where can you purchase a new companion? I purchased the wrong one spamming the '1' button last night, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I heard from somebody in game you could but never got an answer where. I ask this because due to this silly 'forum probation session' I cannot make my own thread...

The same place you got your first one if you're talking about the basic ones.
  • Options
    matackamatacka Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Yeah, found it thanks.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    digidag wrote: »
    Trust me, those pots and injury kits are pretty darn expensive at level 60.

Eh, i buy a stack of 99 of the best potions and try to keep it there after questing for a day, and buy at least 20 of each kit, and at 60 i've never dropped below 20 gold since around level 55 or so. I vendor every loot that isn't a 60 purple, and that seems to keep it up. They may be pricey, but since it's currently all there really is to spend gold on, why bother saving it up? I'll also say that people who don't use potions are crazy, cheap, no cool down if not in combat, and will help keep you up. Clerics are nice, but people really need to learn to heal themselves. You have no idea how many people (rogues mostly for some reason) that will never heal themselves in epics, they jump into a fight with less than 20% health, and then complain when the cleric doesn't heal them.

They may end up putting vanity gear for gold, or other things, like the basic mounts. Who knows what's coming?
  • Options
    bradspittsbradspitts Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get more forms of currency in this game, AD, all the tokens from all the map areas to trade for worthless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, Tarmalune Trade Bars, Glory, Zen, Ardent Coins, Celestial Coins, Seals, gold, silver, copper, etc. :mad:

All the same things gold, silver, and copper could do! Add Zen to make a profit and you're done. Too much time and work to convert everything to get the same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Maybe we can get all the currencies across the inventory bottom like the gold, silver, copper. It would run all over the screen. Remember the good old days of just coin currency.
  • Options
    faamalosibluefaamalosiblue Member Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    so when someone spams the zone channel with wts yada yada yada pm me. you can pm them and say 2cp?
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I'm happy with the 5g I just dropped on my horse.