test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New keyboard or Hero of The North ??

stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Totally off topic but yea I have choice to get a http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/store/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-stealth-2013 or Hero of The North...Waht should I get?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    I refunded my old HoTN earlier that's why it shows I have it.
  • prevail517prevail517 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd go with HotN. It won't be around forever. You could always buy the keyboard later.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stringse wrote: »
    Totally off topic but yea I have choice to get a http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/store/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-stealth-2013 or Hero of The North...Waht should I get?

I can think of better keyboards for far less money. I use a Razer Death Stalker and wish I saved the money I bought it for (79) and gotten something cheaper that will last jsut as long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stringse wrote: »

While it is your call, the Founder of the North package won't be around for much longer, whereas, the keyboard probably will be. I don't know how long it would take you to save up or budget for whichever item you don't choose to acquire now but there is time constraint on the HoTN. It does have a cutoff (even if unannounced as to the exact date). This may be a factor in your choice.

I'm very happy with my FoTN pack for any number of reasons. Your mileage may vary but, unfortunately, you won't know that until after you commit to it. So, for you, you may be buying a pig in a poke. That's another factor that you will need to take into account.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

Lottie
  • ranhurranhur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Razer and it's products are over rated - they are nice, but it is fluff which can have mechanical faults, or god forbid you drop liquid into it - the HoTN is a virtual product which cannot be lost.
  • prevail517prevail517 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranhur wrote: »
    Razer and it's products are over rated - they are nice, but it is fluff which can have mechanical faults, or god forbid you drop liquid into it - the HoTN is a virtual product which cannot be lost.

I can partially agree with this also. While I LOVE LOVE LOVE my razor mouse, and have loved all of them, and have not had a MOUSE with a defect, my Black Widow Ultimate keyboard has had some mechanical issues. Now, I was able to fix them, but still. If you spend that much on a keyboard you'd expect to not have to fix problems on it. Now that those problems are fixed I do love it, but they are known for their defects unfortunately. It could be that new models have had the issues ironed out though.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well a new keyboard won't keep charging you after you spend $100+ on it..
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While I always spend too much on gaming mice, I have never bought an expensive keyboard. I just get the $10-25 ones and swap them out every few months! (They tend to attract cat hair and food crumbs.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • vorgannethvorganneth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Definately HoTN
  • sent8sent8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Logitech G110, does the same exact thing only around 30 bucks on amazon. I have one it's a great keyboard won't break the bank and has all the macros/usb/headphone slots you could need, and I've had it for 2 years now with no problems. Think about it, you could potentially get both with the money you save.

I used to be a razer fan but what Ranhur says is true, heavily overrated and overpriced.
    21.jpg
  • stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    Well my G15 keyboard is going tohave to last just bought HoTN
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pack for sure, that keyboard is not that great. It's not worth the money that's for sure, there's so many better keyboards out there for less money.. Razer is usually overpriced as hell, just as apple.
  • ryu40001ryu40001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use corsair k70 way better and cheaper then razer.I say money better spent on the keyboard mechanical KB ftw will never go back to normal keys.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the replies and help!
  • trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    How did you get a refund?
  • carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ITT, people with hardons for HotN cause they bought it and are scared people think they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and hence, trying to justify their purchase
  • jadedragon1337jadedragon1337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just get the Logitech G105 Call of Duty keyboard, it has been on sale a while and is totally worth it, used to be like $80, now $26 with backlit gamer keyboard "who cares it has a MW3 logo", totally worth it, oh and grats on HoTN :)

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Keyboard-G105-Call/dp/B005S0KH7I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1367724756&sr=8-2&keywords=call+of+duty+keyboard
    edited May 2013
    carrotpak wrote: »
    ITT, people with hardons for HotN cause they bought it and are scared people think they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and hence, trying to justify their purchase

Translation: I can't afford HotN and I'm jealous of those who can. Any chance I get to bash them will be enthusiastically jumped upon!
  • projxprojx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Logitech G710 Mechanical with MX Brown switches. I like MX Brown as it's a nice blend between linear red switches and clicky blues.

119$
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-Tactile-High-Speed/dp/B009C98NPY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367770016&sr=8-1&keywords=g710

Or check out WASD Keyboards and design your own board.

Or Ducky Mechanical boards.

Those are all great products with better value.

Edit: I own the 710 and an MX Brown WASD Keyboard... Both are great but I like the added volume / macro keys on the 710. I type on both a lot. The WASD @ work the 710 @ home.
    Gave in to that momentary sadistic twitch...
    hk47banner.jpg