test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items from PvP?

arrrrrrrrgarrrrrrrrg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey, so, here's the problem, I created a new Rogue and went full PvP. At level 10 I decked out on Level 10 Greens and thought I would be able to get a bunch of blues, by being First Place, and keep moving on up to level 60.

So, I got first place 5x in a row and on only one occasion I got a blue (amulet), on all the others I just got extra Glory. Since there are no Glory items before you get to level 60, that's kinda useless.

What I want to know is what's the chance of getting a blue when you get First Place in the PvP?
Post edited by arrrrrrrrg on

Comments

• cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    I got a blue every time I managed to hit first place....>.>
  • arrrrrrrrgarrrrrrrrg Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a blue every time I managed to hit first place....>.>

And I just get Glory all the time and it's not even that much:

Untitled-1_zps431ed9a0.jpg

Was really one sided, but still...
    edited May 2013
    And again...

Untitled2_zpse8b3043b.png
    edited May 2013
    One more time:

Untitled3_zps7221ef3d.png
  • cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Wow... I had two games just now, hit first place, and got a blue item for each. I shower blue items on to the action house because I get so many. O.o ... you don't even get green items?
    edited May 2013
    Wow... I had two games just now, hit first place, and got a blue item for each. I shower blue items on to the action house because I get so many. O.o ... you don't even get green items?

Only when I'm second~forth
  • sagasaintsagasaint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if I had to make a guess,I suppose it is because the system doesnt just look at your overall position at the end of the match, but also at the score you made during the match

ergo, when you play against a team that had a couple afkers/quitters, your scores will be really low by the time you win

no reward for shooting fishes in a barrel.

I always get blues when Im on top in a match that was very close, as in 950-ish vs 1000, which seems to prove my theory

and the best part is that afkers/quitters are not only harming their team, but also harming the opposite team, so with double the pissed off people, its quite likely that the devs will suffer enough pressure to have to work on fixing it fast
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »
    if I had to make a guess,I suppose it is because the system doesnt just look at your overall position at the end of the match, but also at the score you made during the match

ergo, when you play against a team that had a couple afkers/quitters, your scores will be really low by the time you win

I always get blues when Im on top in a match that was very close, as in 950-ish vs 1000, which seems to prove my theory

and the best part is that afkers/quitters are not only harming their team, but also harming the opposite team, so with double the pissed off people, its quite likely that the devs will suffer enough pressure to have to work on fixing it fast

I think you are right:

Untitled4_zps57d298a4.png

Lost the game, but still got first and got the blue. Funny thing is "Match Over: Won". I lost and it says I won, lol.

But that is BS... It means the game rewards sloppy play, since usually a good team, with good teamwork, can force a 2 on 1 decision, that means 1000 to 500.
    edited May 2013
    Well, I just disproved this theory, since I just got a blue with my Control lvl 29 when they just had less than 400 points.
  • shiinchan01shiinchan01 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sagasaint wrote: »

You are in fact correct, it looks at performance, not place. So those try hards who only go for kills to get first place, never get full rewards, but those who get good kills, caps and assist and such... get rewarded better
    edited May 2013
    You are in fact correct, it looks at performance, not place. So those try hards who only go for kills to get first place, never get full rewards, but those who get good kills, caps and assist and such... get rewarded better

I call BULL on that, I got Blue twice, doing the same thing I did on all the others.
  • warbossenfowarbossenfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got a blue being in second.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    where/how do we report afk farmers??
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    where/how do we report afk farmers??

Press H and report it to a GM, but this is not a topic about that -.-
    edited May 2013
    Well guys, good news! I think I figured it out, seems like the game, when you win first place, gives out a random item, but, if said item does not exist (like Helm and Glove before lvl 20), then it will not drop... At lvl 19 you can get that loot, so I assume that 100% blue is at level 19:

Untitled5_zps039c97e3.png