test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Powerleveling by throwing money at it?

rankithrankith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So whats best mtethod for this? I have money, but am strapped for time and want to join my friends at 60 asap. Just astral diamonds for speeding leadership the only real option ya?
Post edited by rankith on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AFAIK this is correct as the people who got first to 60 did it that way I believe. Obviously it is best to check the relevant threads for more info about the specific details.
  • Options
    rankithrankith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont see threads about it can you point me to em?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thanks a bunch
  • Options
    caidencaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It took me 26 hours to hit 60. No money spent. You don't need to power level.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level up your Leadership Skill.
    You will have the option to "Rush" skills with Astral Diamonds.
    The Higher Level Skills give you a significant amount of Exp.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    lawionslawions Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know a bunch of people just abuse certain foundry quests. I joined a group once, and it was ridiculous how quickly you leveled. I'm sure they're all level 60 now after doing this for 5 hours or so. I think in this game powerleveling is quite a waste, you miss all the fun of the quests and challanges, working for new gear etc. But then again I can understand you want to play with your friends.
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lawions wrote: »
    I know a bunch of people just abuse certain foundry quests. I joined a group once, and it was ridiculous how quickly you leveled. I'm sure they're all level 60 now after doing this for 5 hours or so. I think in this game powerleveling is quite a waste, you miss all the fun of the quests and challanges, working for new gear etc. But then again I can understand you want to play with your friends.

People have probably used same tactic was in CoH/V you create a simple room has respawning enemies, on a short timer, that are easily aoe'd down. Get a few guys have tons of aoe and you go to town...worked well in that i assume works in this to...but then you miss out on main thing this game offers and thats the environments, and general world itself.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To a significant minority of folks the game itself actually begins at Level Cap. Everything before that is this strange, nonsensical series of obstacles that the Devs., for reasons that they cannot even BEGIN to fathom, insist that they suffer through in order to actually play the game. I don't understand that myself, but I've seen it enough to know it's a real thing. They do not view it as Power-Levelling or an Exploit, they see it as avoiding pointless, inexplicable busywork so they can begin playing with their friends. I don't subscribe to this viewpoint myself, or even understand it. But you do have to understand that it IS out there. And it is not cheating. It's just another way of playing the game. Me? I say sell them "Bump" to Level 60 Token in the Cash Shop. You'll never see me buying one, but I don't begrudge others the option.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    caiden wrote: »

Just questing then?
  • Options
    stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you mix in PvP matches with doing 3-6 quests in the level appropriate zones, you're already powerleveling.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caiden wrote: »

Seriously, just do quests. I hit 60 in less than five days, and didn't play all day or anything like that. I don't want to see another powerleveler complaining that they can't get into a queue because they don't have good enough gear. Also, the amount you will need to rush some of those profession quests is quite high. So do it if you want, but suck it up and don't complain you have no gear or any other reason really.