test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Freeze in Bank Window

malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After about my fourth total freeze up I realized a pattern (wait for over 10 minutes and no response.) It seems to happen quite often in the bank window (loading things into and out of) for some reason and sometimes just in plain inventory but the bank window I can reproduce like 3 out of 5 times.

Specs -
Mobo: ASRock Extreme 6
Processor: I5 3570K 3.4 GHZ
Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 SuperClocked 4096MB GDDR5
PS: Corsair AX 750
HDD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256MB
Software and Drivers up to Date.
Post edited by malvolio11 on

Comments

• luckyd20luckyd20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the exact same issue with almost identical PC specs. I am able to 'unfreeze' by flipping out to the task manager in Windows 8 and then back into the game application but otherwise it stays locked.

It happens consistently for me with the guild bank window.
  • templar1975templar1975 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here, Windows 8 and about the only other thing in common is I am using an Nvidia also
  • passivefistpassivefist Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting this same behavior. About 1/2 the time I put an item in the bank, or even mouse over an item in the bank, the client freezes and I have to end the process.

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    Geforce 660 Ti 2gb driver 314.22
    Intel i5 3570k @ 3.4 ghz

You can see that I have the same OS and CPU as the OP, and a similar video card.
  • shgthshgth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here but with windows 7 and totally different hardware.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Phenom II X4 965, 4GB
    Radeon HD4850 512MB

EDIT: I've tried it with every single little settings on lowest(all sliders to left), I have 4 cores and also game is on ssd. It still happens..

For me this freeze always passes if I just wait(10-15sec). It happens occasionally when running around enclave as well, especially more often close to the daily npc.

EDIT: Soundblaster X-Fi and Asrock motherboard.
    - Shagath, VoTF
    Previous guilds: Double Deviants, Orum, Sandwitches, Dragon Order of Arcanix and many many more.
    Hope I find some old friends!