test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Leavers - Quitters

gooba03gooba03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I was just in the Lair of the Mad Dragon. And a **** that didn't move the whole fight and died multiple times rage quit. All well and good, we will just replace him.. ...

You cannot replace a dungeon group member if someone quits, effectively ruining your run completely. This was a queue'd dungeon. Not a pre-made.

This is one of the dumbest features I have ever seen in any game ever.
Post edited by gooba03 on

Comments

• lazywilllazywill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's really bad, they should make it so the next person in the queue joins or something like that
  • erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    You should be able to get reinforcements when someone leaves your group... Happened to me two times during BWE4, someone drops groups/is kicked and a fw minutes later a new player joins the dungeon.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lair of the mad dragon is ridiculously hard for a dungeon anyway. That last boss has no business being in a level 30 dungeon. Either way I agree
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    Lair of the mad dragon is ridiculously hard for a dungeon anyway. That last boss has no business being in a level 30 dungeon. Either way I agree

VERY tough fight, but you feel SOOO good after getting it done. Fight took us about 30-40 minutes to get it done all the way. That was with a guild group using voice chat.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    VERY tough fight, but you feel SOOO good after getting it done. Fight took us about 30-40 minutes to get it done all the way. That was with a guild group using voice chat.

I'm not a raider. The boss before that was tough and I felt good after the group nearly wiped on him but I managed to rez them.

The dragon? Nope. Team gave up after 9 wipes, and nobody was standing in anything. The dragon was attacking me the entire time (rogue), the cleric was getting owned by the neverending adds since aggro works so well in this game, and eventually people just ran out of potions and that was gg. Closest we got to killing it was 50%. I don't want a raid boss in a **** 5 man dungeon unless it warns me.
  • atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »

It's people like you that ruin games for everyone that wants even a hint of challenge.

Button it and fight an easier game.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The party leader must remove them , and then request new member .
  • badwrongbadwrong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    That dragon at the end is not hard at all. MMO's just have a lot of people who fail to learn "don't stand in the stupid" mechanics. The fight can be done without healer or tank even.
  • steinz0rsteinz0r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found this terribly annoying too - people leaving group and there being no way to replace them. Even queueing again results in the message, "Cannot queue while queue instance is active." :(
  • mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    steinz0r wrote: »
    I found this terribly annoying too - people leaving group and there being no way to replace them. Even queueing again results in the message, "Cannot queue while queue instance is active." :(

Ouch, groups should be able to get a replacment member if someone drops. This needs to be fixed.
  • courtseecourtsee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the same thing happen to me yesterday when one of our DPS quit. When the party realized we couldn't requeue for a new member everyone dropped out.

Really hope they get this fixed soon.
  • courtseecourtsee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    badwrong wrote: »
    That dragon at the end is not hard at all. MMO's just have a lot of people who fail to learn "don't stand in the stupid" mechanics. The fight can be done without healer or tank even.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say it could be done without a healer or tank.

I wouldn't say it's a hard fight, per se. But it IS frustrating. Not because of the boss' health or the bad stuff on the ground, but because the adds can be a wee bit brutal. Other than that I think the fight is fun, personally.
  • closure11closure11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tanked it twice yesterday at level 31. Just took the dragon to the other side of the room and faced him away from group. Everyone else burned adds then boss over and over til dead. It took awhile but wasn't that hard.
  • kamarnokamarno Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    badwrong wrote: »

Did this as a level 35 wizard with a level 35 rogue (2 man) took about 100 health potions but got it down.
  • mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kamarno wrote: »
    Did this as a level 35 wizard with a level 35 rogue (2 man) took about 100 health potions but got it down.

Sorry folks.

I agree with there maybe being an issue with the mechanics of the game being something that needs to be looked at (and that should be under "game bugs" by the way) but the encounter isn't hard at all for a well-equipped TWO man team, much less 5 man one. I'm not, in in way, some kind of elite player.

I'm just saying that with the proper gear and folks that know something other than left click.. left click.. left click.. hit heal..left click..

You should be fine... and apparently we weren't the only ones that did it with a two-man team.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • aveanavean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I once tried 3manning Epic Trones last boss, 2 rogues and a CW.
    The CW managed to solo 1/3 with no hulks spawning, the next attempt for some reason we had a army of a good 12 hulks once we wiped. Wonder what spawns the hulks, but losing members sucks.
  • dfolsomdfolsom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fight is not hard if you have a GOOD guardian fighter and a group that can listen to instructions. Tell them to kill imps > Succubus looking things over and over and unload their AP abilities between waves on the boss. A guardian fighter stocked with potions can solo the dragon without a heal as long as the adds are a non issue. If the group does nothing but focus the adds and only drop damage on him between waves you're good. A guardian fighter CAN tank everything at once, but this is not recommended at all, it makes your other melees have a really realyl hard time killing them without standing in the dragons poison cloud.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree that you should be able to replace people that leave. It's lame to spend an hour (or whatever) getting to the end just to have a couple people leave after a wipe or two and you can't add anyone. I was actually surprised it worked that way.
  • minordetailminordetail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most people go in the dungeon FFA and do whatever they want its rediculous. I quit dungeons a couple of times with a group who rather wanted to kill the boss A.S.A.P instead of leaving the tank to do its job and then complain when they died. Sorry but blaming people for leaving can go two ways, it's either the player that leaves' fault or the group in total.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of who is to blame.. There should be a way to replace people who leave.
  • minordetailminordetail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It does, my friend got replaced the moment he left the dungeon. Dunno about who/what and where but there is a replacement system in place. Dunno how it works though.
  • sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The amount of deserters in this game is crazy. When someone leaves after 2 or 3 wipes on a little bit challenging boss, it always makes it feel like you just wasted all the time it took to clear the dungeon to the boss. Are we only missing something like a deserter debuff? Or would it also make sense to balance dungeons in a way that the last boss is more in line with the difficulty of rest of the dungeon?

Additionally, queuing for a replacement and putting that replacement with the party and not at the very beginning of the dungeon, might be a way to mitigate at least some of the negative impact of a deserter.
  • bruphabrupha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    The party leader must remove them , and then request new member .

There's no way to request a new member (requeue). This is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

If there *is* something in place, it's really not apparent.
  • b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sindofin wrote: »
    The amount of deserters in this game is crazy. When someone leaves after 2 or 3 wipes on a little bit challenging boss, it always makes it feel like you just wasted all the time it took to clear the dungeon to the boss. Are we only missing something like a deserter debuff? Or would it also make sense to balance dungeons in a way that the last boss is more in line with the difficulty of rest of the dungeon?

Additionally, queuing for a replacement and putting that replacement with the party and not at the very beginning of the dungeon, might be a way to mitigate at least some of the negative impact of a deserter.
    I love guys like you, so tunnel visioned that it cannot be your fault. On the flip side, it is the group's fault as a whole that fails and why that peson left. They didn't click together...that moment when everyone fines their stride...if it doesn't happen it is frustrating when it fails...but people are allowed to quit without repercussions...cause you were not forced to hit que with them, everyone chose to accept the risk. What a lot of chumps like you do not relize, that random people do not work well together and I see it in a lot of video games; same thing happens in real life...you would not expect some desk jock from the civilian world to be your back up if you were a spec ops soldier yet you being you, you would be angry if that guy just up and left. I don't expect the entire world to be the perfect soldier, so if it doesn't work...why get angry if I leave or why should I get angry if you leave, we both accepted the possible risk of it failing when we qued up.