test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having some issues with the Foundry.

adenbrazaadenbraza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I'm pretty new to both the Foundry and the actual game, just have a 18 Control Wizard. So I'd like to ask the more experienced players some stuff about my first Foundry in the making.

I've found the Respec option and after trying a 30 Great Warrior Fighter I can no longer attack, put points in Feats, drag any Feat to my action bar and even dodging has been freezing up on me on every single class. Also I've been having problems with guards following me where they plain just get stuck on walls or refuse to follow me, and sometimes NPC's don't disappear on their queue after it reaches a certain point in the chat.

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the bugs section or here honestly... but this is my first project so I'm assuming I've been <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> stuff up or there are better ways to do it. All my problems are when I'm testing it and I really don't want to publish it if it's not exactly as how I want it, even is that's not all too glorious as it is.
Post edited by adenbraza on

Comments

• Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The not able to attack is a bug. Use control/Space to kill the mobs. I WOULD say set yourself to "Untargetable" but that messes up the follows since they can't see you to follow.

The pathing of follow characters is tricky and they WILL get stuck on terrain. In one of my quests I have you talk to the follower during those times so that you might remember that she was just 10 feet away last you saw her. The map though will show her at her original location so if the person is crucial in the storyline you have to get that working. IE place mobs on a direct path that must be killed so the shiny path doesn't go through mountains etc.

As far as NPC's disappearing when you reach a certain point in chat... We have ALL been there. I am guessing that it is user error though as I always find the problem. Or it's a bug that fixes itself so I move on :P
  • Options
    hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is one of MANY known bugs that we have been trying to tell Cryptic about for months.

There is no way to test proper combat within the Foundry unless you publish it.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • Options
    moondawg13moondawg13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NPC pathing and behavior does not work all the time in Preview, especially the "Wander" behavior, you need to look at it in the e Published version in game.
    Campaign: The Legend of Snowmane
    Chapter One: In Search of the Legend
  • Options
    viedin1viedin1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I need help with finding my own quests. How long does it take to get them up and how do you find them?
  • Options
    moondawg13moondawg13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You find them by pressing L for the Landing Page. Then search by Name, Short Code, or Author. If you have a Campaign with an UNPUBPLISHED quest attached to it, you may have trouble seeing your Quest when searching. Right now the Foundry is experiencing some technical issues, that may be your problem.
    Campaign: The Legend of Snowmane
    Chapter One: In Search of the Legend
  • Options
    viedin1viedin1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okey, Thx alot :)