test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I was actually going to spend more money today

iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So aside from the money spent on buying my founders pack, I have come to realize with my play style and what I wish to achieve choosing a human would be much more beneficial for my class.
I opened up the browser, went to purchase zen, checked in game for the item price which I believed would be in the store.
Thought to myself "what..... No race change?"
So, is this planning to come in the near future, any word?
Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
Post edited by iamphaus on

Comments

• l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Add it to the list... the loooong list of things that "MIGHT" be coming. I think they could sell the heck out of it but will it be implemented? Who knows.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Out of all things that would sell, I think race changes could be one of the most popular. Just because of how many people end up wanting to min/max stats after not paying attention after realizing how much certain things effect damage/healing output.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, we've been asking for this in STO for three years running. But the good news is that they've been looking into it. For three years. Do note: it's more of a technical issue than just a "feature" add. There are some major programming hurdles to overcome just to be able to do something like this.

Hell, it took STO two years just to be able to "change character" rather than logging out back to the login screen. :)
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, we've been asking for this in STO for three years running. But the good news is that they've been looking into it. For three years. Do note: it's more of a technical issue than just a "feature" add. There are some major programming hurdles to overcome just to be able to do something like this.

Hell, it took STO two years just to be able to "change character" rather than logging out back to the login screen. :)

Yeah that has always been the issue with the cryptic engine, it looks good and you can do a lot of things with it very easily....but it's architecture isn't very flexible.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • nomminguznomminguz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think they could make a lot of money selling a race change