test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There is something really wrong with this game...

faergorrfaergorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For example,
1. ASTRAL DIAMONDS:
You may get them (guaranteed) from daily foundry and dungeon, however, these can be done only once a day.
I thought invocation was another way to get them, I mean, 1 000 AD each hour, but boy, I was wrong, not only the amount of AD was reducing each hour each time I used invocation , but it has not even really resetted the next day. Next day I have received only something over 700 or something, and 2 days later (I have not played next day at all) only 250 for first invocation... really?
Skirmishes do not yield AD each time, only time I have received AD by skirmish was when it was during the daily event, that rotates.

There is something really wrong with this system. Gold is pretty much useless, you can buy only few things with it, AD is more useful, but I can not get much each day, only little bit. Some items that I consider to be necessary are for zen only, zen can be bought only with astral diamonds, and astral diamonds are difficult to get. Hell, you know what would sort it out? Remove gold, and make AD droppable from mobs as a currency.

This game is extremely close to Drakensang online regarding currencies and what can be bought with them. Developers in Drakensang Online pretty much made almost everything buyable with Andermants, which is a cash shop currency. You still get gold, but you can buy only what, a mount with it? Well, here you may also buy a potion and a kit, what a win I tell you ;). Andermants are farmable in Drakensang, just as Astral Diamonds are, but until you d manage to farm anything to achieve same things as those that pay with real money, it would take you ages, literally.

2. Lack of armor and weapon models. How is that possible? This is a fantasy game, with thousands of players, and each class looks exactly same, there are only very little variations in armor, and that sucks. It is like we were all put in cloning machine.
I play as Devoted Cleric and I have been running with same armor model for 20 levels, aaand what happened then? Wow, model changed a bit, I've got a shoulder pad, wow, and the rest is exactly same. Now that must've taken a lot of work to make.
3.Lack of weapon types. Neverwinter nights (game that is 10 years old) has 39 weapon types, yes, 39, and this game has few. Each class may use only 2-3 weapon types, while only one of them drops frequently, other 1-2 can be found only very rarely, it makes me feel like they are not even there. If you want to introduce other weapon types into the game, make them drop as frequently as the currently "main" weapon type for each class (ie cleric's symbol, GWF great sword,etc.) .

As for number 2 and 3 , I don't know about you, but I like to look unique among players, I like to make character as close to how I picture it as I can, and this game lacks that. I look exactly same like every fifth player I meet.

4. Overpriced zen shop, paying 10 dollars for a bag, and you need 3, and that is only for one character, if you want to make alts, and buy them more bags, you will drop 60-150 dollars into the game, and only for bags. There are way more things that I'd consider to be necessary, bags are only one of them.

5. This game lacks D&D style class customization, where is that option to make Wizard with heavy armor? Where is option to equip any weapon type I want, regardless of class? Where is the multi class system? This game has nothing to do with D&D.
This is a money sinking game, nothing else. Diablo 3 did the same thing with RMAH,and look how it ended ;), bad decisions and greed brought the game down. Neverwinter is doing the same thing.

PLEASE DEVELOPERS, LISTEN TO COMMUNITY AND DO SOMETHING WITH IT. Thanks!
Post edited by faergorr on

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    faergorr wrote: »
    Skirmishes do not yield AD each time, only time I have received AD by skirmish was when it was during the daily event, that rotates.

They don't, and they shouldn't. They give ADs during Skirmish events (this is about 5k for an hour for the two easy ones) and for the Skirmish Daily Quest.

ADs have a direct cash store value because you can exchange them for Zen in the game. Because of this, their availability needs to be controlled and limited. Otherwise, you get bots and "gold" farmers, and you end up with a massive inflation after a few months or years

Note that you can get extra ADs by selling items in the Auction House. All good gear comes from drops or vendors in the game, not from the store. I made about 600k just by buying and reselling items. You also get ADs from tips, so spending time to create an attractive, fun and original Foundry Quest can also lead to a steady income of ADs.

I like the system the way it is. I would agree that some AD costs could be lower (e.g. unbinding a companion), but overall this is a good system. Keep in mind that the entire content is free, as will be future classes. It does need to be paid for by someone, however.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Real" DnD was hard because you couldn't power game your wizard. Long live 2nd edition and it's drunken, abusive step-fqther 1st edition.

Oh, and the game is free and they need to make money somehow. Don't like the price? Live without.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They don't, and they shouldn't. They give ADs during Skirmish events (this is about 5k for an hour for the two easy ones) and for the Skirmish Daily Quest.

ADs have a direct cash store value because you can exchange them for Zen in the game. Because of this, their availability needs to be controlled and limited. Otherwise, you get bots and "gold" farmers, and you end up with a massive inflation after a few months or years

Note that you can get extra ADs by selling items in the Auction House. All good gear comes from drops or vendors in the game, not from the store. I made about 600k just by buying and reselling items. You also get ADs from tips, so spending time to create an attractive, fun and original Foundry Quest can also lead to a steady income of ADs.

I like the system the way it is. I would agree that some AD costs could be lower (e.g. unbinding a companion), but overall this is a good system. Keep in mind that the entire content is free, as will be future classes. It does need to be paid for by someone, however.
    They could make it just like in GW2, currency buyable with in game gold, that pretty much god rid of gold spammers. That is a great system. Also GW2 has a lot more weapon types and character customization through armor and weapons. There are tons of models, and pretty much everyone looks different :).

What do you think about lack of weapon and armor models, and D&D?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    molaigh wrote: »
    "Real" DnD was hard because you couldn't power game your wizard. Long live 2nd edition and it's drunken, abusive step-fqther 1st edition.

Oh, and the game is free and they need to make money somehow. Don't like the price? Live without.

Make everything cosmetic only, Path of Exile did it this way, and look how successful it is :), there's lot of people who buy pets and enchants.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make everything cosmetic only, Path of Exile did it this way, and look how successful it is :), there's lot of people who buy pets and enchants.

How successful is Path of Exile? How much money are they making?

Show some numbers or admit you're just making it all up.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually, PoE also charged for bank (not inventory space) although their rates are far more reasonable ~ $20 for 6 tabs worth.
  • Options
    gruxgrux Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The biggest problem I have with this game is how they price stuff. The prices are WAY too high. I can't see myself spending much of anything on this game if only out of principle because of the pricing.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Only one thing wrong with this game: freeload2play.
  • Options
    wryscherwryscher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could make it just like in GW2, currency buyable with in game gold, that pretty much god rid of gold spammers. That is a great system. Also GW2 has a lot more weapon types and character customization through armor and weapons. There are tons of models, and pretty much everyone looks different :).

What do you think about lack of weapon and armor models, and D&D?

Im really confused by this. There are no gold spammers in GW2? Do you play with the chat off or something? Also if you go to any of those sites..I have a friend of a friend of a friend... anyway the gold you can get for those sites is far cheaper then their conversion. Which is why there are still spammers.

And while there are more (still not a lot) of skins on GW2, most of them are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Sure you can look different, but how many different shades of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> do you really want? It does suck, Im level 24 now and look marginally different then i did at level 2. But on the plus side, the starting armor is 900% better looking then 99.9 percent of the armor in GW2.
  • Options
    dervimnorthdervimnorth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    How successful is Path of Exile? How much money are they making?

Show some numbers or admit you're just making it all up.

Seeing how there's just tons of people running around with cool cosmetics and animations for their attacks, all over the game, I'd say PoE is pretty darn successful.

And yeah, there is nothing DND about this game, other than Neverwinter mentioning(and the fact that it's a dumbed down version of dumbed down 4ed makes it even more pitiful).

I also agree that this game is a mess of currencies. I've just started playing and I already see that gold is utterly useless.

Would be great if they'd at least allow us to gabble gold for a chance to get AD.
  • Options
    hengyu1995hengyu1995 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wryscher wrote: »
    And while there are more (still not a lot) of skins on GW2, most of them are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Sure you can look different, but how many different shades of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> do you really want? It does suck, Im level 24 now and look marginally different then i did at level 2. But on the plus side, the starting armor is 900% better looking then 99.9 percent of the armor in GW2.

GW2 has amazing weapon models, many of which are animated. In this game I'm only level 15 but I've yet to find a weapon that looks any different from my starting one, which really shouldn't be the case... (Loving this game though, don't get me wrong)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wryscher wrote: »
    Im really confused by this. There are no gold spammers in GW2? Do you play with the chat off or something? Also if you go to any of those sites..I have a friend of a friend of a friend... anyway the gold you can get for those sites is far cheaper then their conversion. Which is why there are still spammers.

There is not a single game in which you can get completely rid of gold spammers, but you can reduce their numbers significantly. Not sure about you, but I see gold spammers even in Neverwinter ;).

Well, depends on the person, each one is different, to someone certain weapon model or armor model is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, to other one it is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. That is purely subjective, not objective :). One thing is certain, there is way more stuff in GW2 regarding character customization than there is in Neverwinter, Neverwinter is basically CTRL-C + CTRL-V character :).
  • Options
    wryscherwryscher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hengyu1995 wrote: »
    GW2 has amazing weapon models, many of which are animated. In this game I'm only level 15 but I've yet to find a weapon that looks any different from my starting one, which really shouldn't be the case... (Loving this game though, don't get me wrong)

I can agree with that. They did do a very nice job with the weapon models.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing how there's just tons of people running around with cool cosmetics and animations for their attacks, all over the game, I'd say PoE is pretty darn successful.

In other words, you have no numbers and are basing it off of 'what I saw'.

Yeah.

That's not data. I can do the same thing:

"I see tons of mounts and cool companions running around, NW is super successful!"

Unless you can come up with actual numbers, it's all just flinging poo.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that Astral Diamonds exists to prevent the Gold Sellers since it's the ''real'' currency besides Zen which you can only get by paying for it with real money.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to put in elixir vendors. That would be a true gold sink; why the only potions you can buy are from celestial tokens I will never understand.
  • Options
    psiwuffpsiwuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They did that, and they also give you a lot more bank space to boot. Their prices are very very fair and cheap.
    PWI on the other hand is just making a moneygrab and gimping the game to hell and back.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Only one thing wrong with this game: freeload2play.

lol...my new favorite quote
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2. Lack of armor and weapon models. How is that possible? This is a fantasy game, with thousands of players, and each class looks exactly same, there are only very little variations in armor,

There are subtle differences between weapons and armor, but you have to look a little closer.

If you want to look significantly different, use the dye bottles that drop.

Here's my main character, tell me how she looks like 9 out of every 10 rogues you see.
    elawynrogue.jpg
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For example,
    1. ASTRAL DIAMONDS:
    You may get them (guaranteed) from daily foundry and dungeon, however, these can be done only once a day.
    I thought invocation was another way to get them, I mean, 1 000 AD each hour, but boy, I was wrong, not only the amount of AD was reducing each hour each time I used invocation , but it has not even really resetted the next day. Next day I have received only something over 700 or something, and 2 days later (I have not played next day at all) only 250 for first invocation... really?

There is something really wrong with this system. Gold is pretty much useless, you can buy only few things with it, AD is more useful, but I can not get much each day, only little bit. Some items that I consider to be necessary are for zen only, zen can be bought only with astral diamonds, and astral diamonds are difficult to get. Hell, you know what would sort it out? Remove gold, and make AD droppable from mobs as a currency.

This game is extremely close to Drakensang online regarding currencies and what can be bought with them. Developers in Drakensang Online pretty much made almost everything buyable with Andermants, which is a cash shop currency. You still get gold, but you can buy only what, a mount with it? Well, here you may also buy a potion and a kit, what a win I tell you ;). Andermants are farmable in Drakensang, just as Astral Diamonds are, but until you d manage to farm anything to achieve same things as those that pay with real money, it would take you ages, literally.

2. Lack of armor and weapon models. How is that possible? This is a fantasy game, with thousands of players, and each class looks exactly same, there are only very little variations in armor, and that sucks. It is like we were all put in cloning machine.
    I play as Devoted Cleric and I have been running with same armor model for 20 levels, aaand what happened then? Wow, model changed a bit, I've got a shoulder pad, wow, and the rest is exactly same. Now that must've taken a lot of work to make.
    3.Lack of weapon types. Neverwinter nights (game that is 10 years old) has 39 weapon types, yes, 39, and this game has few. Each class may use only 2-3 weapon types, while only one of them drops frequently, other 1-2 can be found only very rarely, it makes me feel like they are not even there. If you want to introduce other weapon types into the game, make them drop as frequently as the currently "main" weapon type for each class (ie cleric's symbol, GWF great sword,etc.) .

As for number 2 and 3 , I don't know about you, but I like to look unique among players, I like to make character as close to how I picture it as I can, and this game lacks that. I look exactly same like every fifth player I meet.

4. Overpriced zen shop, paying 10 dollars for a bag, and you need 3, and that is only for one character, if you want to make alts, and buy them more bags, you will drop 60-150 dollars into the game, and only for bags. There are way more things that I'd consider to be necessary, bags are only one of them.

5. This game lacks D&D style class customization, where is that option to make Wizard with heavy armor? Where is option to equip any weapon type I want, regardless of class? Where is the multi class system? This game has nothing to do with D&D.
    This is a money sinking game, nothing else. Diablo 3 did the same thing with RMAH,and look how it ended ;), bad decisions and greed brought the game down. Neverwinter is doing the same thing.

PLEASE DEVELOPERS, LISTEN TO COMMUNITY AND DO SOMETHING WITH IT. Thanks!

Yea I have a bad feeling PW/Cryptic are gonna get a stern wakeup call in 1-2 months.
  • Options
    djynnidjynni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP. Every other MMO I've played has at least a few different skins for loot-drop armor and weapons from the very lowest levels. And this game has nothing to do with D&D except what things are named. Geography and slapping D&D names on things don't make it D&D. The gameplay is fun, but its not D&D - casters don't even get any spells! They're just "powers" and you only get a small number to choose from. D&D has whole lists of spells that each caster can choose from. And multiple types of casters! Sure, every game starts with a limited number of classes, but usually there is a much greater depth of customization. Neverwinter offers very little customization in any aspect of the game. I'm not sure why they bothered calling it D&D if this is what they planned. And I'm not sure why WotC licensed it to them.