test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Campaign

apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
OK so there was a request to make a quest from the Ravenloft module I don't mind taking up the call, however please note this may be somewhat linear with the feel of choices as I enjoy really detailing the environment and there are limitations to what I can do with the foundry. Plus this will never be featured by Cryptic but that is ok.

So then to get this rolling I need feed back here are the choices the most popular fortune cards will become the choice in the campaign.

Example response:

1.A
2.A

1. LOCATIONS: This is ultimately where you will run into Strahd

A. Study
B. Treasure Room
C. Chapel of Ravenloft
D. High Tower of Doom
E. Crypt of Sergei Von Zarovich
F. Crypt of Ravenovia
G. Kings Audience Hall
H. Crypt of Strahd

2. STRAHD'S MOTIVATION: What the story will focus on.

A. Strahd seeks a new identity
B. Strahd wants to make a magical sphere of darkness
C. Strahd wants to win the love of Ireena Kolyana
D. Strahd wants the Sunwsord
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
Ravenloft
Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
Post edited by apocrs1980 on

Comments

• apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I take it no one is interested in this campaign?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have fun with it, ravenloft was my first dnd experience so it would be fun for me. Why wouldn't it be featured? Are only the quests that take place in neverwinter featured?

Heck man, when I am done with Chapters 3, 4, and the finale 5th chapter of my planescape story I would even collaborate with you on this.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any quest we make with official D&D characters I believe can not be featured as it is not our own work, were using some one Else's license. But it would still be popular I would imagine :) I just haven't got any feed back save the OP of the original thread asking for this campaign, so I need some more feed back of popular picks from the above choices this will allow me to set the stage for the campaign.

So far I had one comment:

1.A
    2.C
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know of it, but don't know it, so I can only vote randomly. :)
  • senjaxsenjax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    1.B
    2.D
    I am also working on a Ravenloft campaign. I wasn't going to do Strahd because I didn't think I could do him justice. Good luck! I look forward to playing this :-).
  • evakaneevakane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    Any quest we make with official D&D characters I believe can not be featured as it is not our own work, were using some one Else's license.

You could always make up your own little corner of the realm of horror. You don't necessarily need to use any of their pre-made characters, but with their old school monster manuals (the ones devoted to building Ravenloft antagonists) you could make a really good villain. Build your own custom lore and backstory. Yeah, I know it sucks that so few of the people who might play it will bother to read your hard work, but that's a fast-food society for you.
  • negoshaknegoshak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if you manage to make anything ravenloft il be there to try it out , love the campaign setting and the dark horror theme,
  • psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ravenloft has been my campaign settting of choice for almost a quarter of a century, and I search for 'Ravenloft' on the Foundry every day. I'm looking forward to anything and everything Ravenloft that you may create.
  • auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a thought I was toying with before I decided to run with Desert of Desolation instead of Ravenloft:

Would it be possible to put the fortune reading into the adventure (albeit in a somewhat truncated form), providing the player with a token for their inventory? This token would then "key" the encounters and possibly the goals as well. For example, when the party gets to the chapel, Strahd might be visible or invisible depending on which token the player is carrying. What would be cool with this approach is that it would increase the replayability of the adventure because each time you run it, it could play a little differently.

I'm pretty sure it's possible for Strahd's location. That would require 8 items, with the dialogue determining which is given to the player.

I imagine it would take a fair bit of creativity to make the goal work. Possibly setting it up as one of four side quests that can add more flavor to the adventure without actually being required. Or perhaps dialogue can be triggered based upon possession of an item? (My partner is handling the technical side of the Foundry -- I handle the environments, so forgive me if I'm pushing outside what is even possible.) It that case you would either give a second token or you could go with a total of 32 tokens to get all combinations from a single inventory slot. I can see the dialogue tree getting pretty crazy, but it would certainly knock people's socks off!
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman
  • shocktroop3012shocktroop3012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love this.
    edited May 2013
    auricklemt wrote: »
    Here's a thought I was toying with before I decided to run with Desert of Desolation instead of Ravenloft:

Would it be possible to put the fortune reading into the adventure (albeit in a somewhat truncated form), providing the player with a token for their inventory? This token would then "key" the encounters and possibly the goals as well. For example, when the party gets to the chapel, Strahd might be visible or invisible depending on which token the player is carrying. What would be cool with this approach is that it would increase the replayability of the adventure because each time you run it, it could play a little differently.

I'm pretty sure it's possible for Strahd's location. That would require 8 items, with the dialogue determining which is given to the player.

I imagine it would take a fair bit of creativity to make the goal work. Possibly setting it up as one of four side quests that can add more flavor to the adventure without actually being required. Or perhaps dialogue can be triggered based upon possession of an item? (My partner is handling the technical side of the Foundry -- I handle the environments, so forgive me if I'm pushing outside what is even possible.) It that case you would either give a second token or you could go with a total of 32 tokens to get all combinations from a single inventory slot. I can see the dialogue tree getting pretty crazy, but it would certainly knock people's socks off!

I gave a lot of thought as to how I would go about implementing this module and this thread was the only real thing I could come up with, let the players here determine the corse of the story sort of like we are interacting with the fortune teller now.

The reason being that although robust the Foundry is not capable of atomic state NPC's or quests which means we have to complete things in a linear fashion, I could not give players choices a,b,c, &d and have the quest change on their choice, the system can't do that yet :(

Also to keep the environments as detailed as possible the quest would be some what linear with the feel of openness exploration and choice.
    Glad to see a lot of folks are interested in this campaign, I just need some more votes on the setting people want to see in the OP so I can begin working on it. Thanks all! And I'm currently working on solo player content I do a live stream while working if anyone wants to check out how I do stuff. :)

Cheers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me it would be

1F
    2C
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman
    edited May 2013
    Just about to start work on the Inn bumping for a few more replies as to what people would like to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft