test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes you would like to see in PvP?

syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm someone who usually score high on pvp so this is not QQ of newbie that don't know how to play his char. So lets get to important stuf that i belive need to be looken into. Post your own views here so we can gather all usefull info. Thanks.

1. Same speed of mounts on PvP.
- Mounts on PvP give huge impact . I can undarstand that someone paid to get bit better chances but Cryptic said "they will not sell power" and spider mount which can get at same time to enemy respawn flag as enemy that really not OK

2. Points. Flags/Kills/Assists
-It's so easy to capture a flag but so hard to kill. So I would change it this way. Kill 80 points/ Assist 40/ Flag Capture 200. It's good to bring back focus to what is really important on PvP. Capturing flags is still important to win we just change a way you get your score.

3 Vote option.
Sometimes i see people going AFK from the very begining so option to report for AFK and option to surrender would be also nice. It would need to set a some basic reward that wining team gets.
>>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
Post edited by syfylis on

Comments

• imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    One of the recurring problems I have noticed is that there are no replacements for disconnected players or leavers. In 5v5, being down one or two people pretty much decides the match in most cases.

I understand why people leave, and there are no consequences for that, so this is a problem that will only get more pronounced, but at the same time I don't want to suggest that they add something like a deserter debuff. Feeling trapped in an unenjoyable match isn't a good solution.

Oh, and I would like to not play against premades when I queue solo. Those are the games where I will probably start leaving because there is no point in staying in a game that you cannot win (you'll know after two minutes), which then makes me part of the problem I mentioned above.

And finally, the Time-to-Kill at 60 is extremely low. Getting killed in two seconds isn't fun. This was very different at lower levels.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Class balance. Every match I've joined so far was just dominated by TR and CW. The other 3 classes were basically useless (especially GWF)
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ioannides5 wrote: »
    Class balance. Every match I've joined so far was just dominated by TR and CW. The other 3 classes were basically useless (especially GWF)

I felt clerics were very strong in all brackets, and they are very prominent in PvP at 60. GF hard-counters various classes (certainly the CW) at higher levels, and GWFs you just can't shake off as a CW, either. Rogues kill me in two seconds at max level, but I think this is partly a gear and l2p issue on my end.

Low level PvP is really different from max level PvP, in my opinion. That doesn't mean it should not be balanced more, if it is imbalanced, but what you see at lower brackets isn't necessarily true for the max level situation.
  • kwazikwazi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it's not a big battleground area mounts shouldn't really be in and if it is a big area yes I agree mount speed should be normalized.
    Also generally speaking lower level pvp in badly designed/balanced MMOs are more fun because there is somewhat less gear differential + classes have less tools which usually means less bull**** CC chains or instant kill bursts.

If skills in general (healing, damage, etc) had to be aimed or have some barrier to entry (casting/delay) it'd be better since it's very little risk (risk of missing) vs reward. Sort of like click-to-stuns plaguing MMO PVP in general, and healers healing too much when not instantly gibbed- aka bad design/balance.
  • flynnetarflynnetar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Maybe in the lower brackets. At 40+, as a GF, I'll crush any TR or CW that comes my way. With swagger.
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mounts is my number one issue. Maps are small enough they are not needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I felt clerics were very strong in all brackets, and they are very prominent in PvP at 60. GF hard-counters various classes (certainly the CW) at higher levels, and GWFs you just can't shake off as a CW, either. Rogues kill me in two seconds at max level, but I think this is partly a gear and l2p issue on my end.

Low level PvP is really different from max level PvP, in my opinion. That doesn't mean it should not be balanced more, if it is imbalanced, but what you see at lower brackets isn't necessarily true for the max level situation.

I notice you say that you can't shake off the GWF...but let me ask you...what exactly did they do to you when they were on you? At what point did they actually do anything meaningful to you or make you feel like you were threatened? What level bracket was this at?

I know prior to 30 the GWF single target damage is pretty terrible and most of the time, if there are other targets nearby the CW usually ignores them until that's all that is in range. Can they disrupt you? Sure probably a little bit, but not enough to really hinder you badly or threaten you unless it's like 2 on 1 or something.

Hell I have literally watched some CWs stand toe to toe with a GWF and burn them down without so much as dodging once. That's pretty telling.
  • lotharelionlotharelion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me, mounts should be 'baned' from domination. It's like 'surprise <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I've got mount stashed in my pocket so I will run as fast as i can to the potion/flag, before you will kick my @ss&quot;. It's arena where people contest for glory and fame, there is no place for mounts, especialy on so small maps. For me, it just doesn't 'fit' there. Nope, I'm not whineing because I can still chase them down, but all in all it's kinda <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. What is more? I'd really love to have the possibility to have some strictly pvp arena or whole area where you can pvp with everyone around :) I agree with the 'vote' option. Sometimes you have someone that get's afk seconds after spawning at the arena. And this one person MAKES a difference in general battle. All in all pvp is really fun in here :)
  • djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The people playing gwf musnt have much skill cos im normally within the top 3 as a gwf. the domination pvp isnt about kills its about point capturing and holding them. other day i i was top ranked and had 11 kills 3 deaths

The top ranking was because of point holdin and capturing not kills
  • mcdoobinzmcdoobinz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Capture the flag would be great, and of course arenas of some kind even if its just a circle room of 2v2 3v3 4v4 or 5v5 any of that would be good fun.

I also believe that when people are down they should be easier targeted by abilities so that you don't have to accidentally open trade on one of your allies when trying to kill someone. (Possible fix) would be to only be able to (F) target allies when at respawn zone.

I also agree, removing mounts may not be a bad idea since the maps are so small, I currently abuse my mount to get hp potions constantly on my GWF.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST>

Duels? we all want to duel to test our skills with our friends in a controlled manner. Even if there was a small instanced pit to do it would be great!
  • smoke833smoke833 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Mounts are not needed in BG in my opinion .
    - New BG .. 10v10 capture the flag and stuff like that .. playing only dominion feels repetitive ..

This game is the best MMO I ever played so far with some exceptions .. and those are BGs and Instances ... New BGs would make it even better . I know its just OB but mneh ...

- And one of the most important change I'd like to see , or addition .. Is a ranked system for 2v2 / 3v3 or Party vs Party :)
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need to give penalty for leaving pvp.

Need replacement during match.
    edited May 2013
    cetra07 wrote: »
    Need to give penalty for leaving pvp. Need replacement during match.

If there are penalties for leaving, people who want out of the match will just idle or, if there were an idle check, play semi-idle. It's better to let them leave.

But a very loud yes to getting replacements! (And players who come in as replacement should get a 10% glory bonus to make up for having been put in what is probably a lost match.)
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some good points here. For me mounts can stay but all of them should have same speed. That 50% is good enough.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • dietaryfiber111dietaryfiber111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    - Duels: What's an MMO with pvp without duels? It's the best learning tool for any tier of pvpers. Plus, I need to stroke my Epeen.

- Mounts in domination: Everyone in domination having the same mount speed is good. Just keep them out of Arenas.

- Finishing blows: GW2 perfected it, why can't Neverwinter?
This discussion has been closed.