test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unbinding Companions

cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Companion unbinding for Astral Diamonds was in Beta Weekend 4, even though it was not working correctly.

I saw a post by a Dev a couple of days ago stating that companions were unbindable but don't seem to be able to find it.

Is this going to be fully implemented at some stage?
Post edited by cathgar457 on

Comments

• Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Found the post under Dev tracker by Panderus (Cryptic Studio Team) posted 30/04/13.

All of the Zen Market mounts are account wide. Most other items are bind on equip per character. Additionally, companions can be unbound for Astral Diamonds.
    All of the Zen Market items should have some little grey text under the item icon stating the binding and item requirements.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php?page=10
  • Options
    zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    Found the post under Dev tracker by Panderus (Cryptic Studio Team) posted 30/04/13.

All of the Zen Market mounts are account wide. Most other items are bind on equip per character. Additionally, companions can be unbound for Astral Diamonds.
    All of the Zen Market items should have some little grey text under the item icon stating the binding and item requirements.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php?page=10

You cant unbind them at the moment. You can try and it will say that it cost like 5-8K diamonds. But if you accept then absolutely nothing happens. If you want to try to unbind your companion all you have to do is drag it from companion tab off your inventory to an empty inventory slot. If you try to drag an active companion directly into your inventory slot it will just be sent to the companion tab.
  • Options
    rizenfellrizenfell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »

... All of the Zen Market mounts are account wide....

Are the Founder Pack Companion mounts account wide (available once per character created on my account?)
    Sieving through the forums, not finding that answer atm. TIA!
  • Options
    lindakathrinlindakathrin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey.. now I am going to play "Neverwinter" , I am feeling so exited:)
  • Options
    sundraconsundracon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rizenfell wrote: »
    Are the Founder Pack Companion mounts account wide (available once per character created on my account?)
    Sieving through the forums, not finding that answer atm. TIA!
    Every character a founder makes get their own panther and/or wolf companion.
    [SIGPIC]Gayme 0n[/SIGPIC]
    Rhun, Halfing Fighter of the Greater Weapons
  • Options
    rizenfellrizenfell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sundracon wrote: »
    Every character a founder makes get their own panther and/or wolf companion.

Thanks Sundracon. Mainly been trying out character classes, learning the gameplay controls, and /bugging, now it's time to get some characters into the city and face the dogs and pit-fiends of hell!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /me points to the "Economy FAQ" link in signature.

Answers to most of your "economy" questions are there, including a deep explanation of "binding" and "unbinding" and what is and is not "account-wide" versus "character only". :)
  • Options
    vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Are companions still not able to be unbound?

This has to be fixed :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    /me points to the "Economy FAQ" link in signature.

Answers to most of your "economy" questions are there, including a deep explanation of "binding" and "unbinding" and what is and is not "account-wide" versus "character only". :)

Not sure what you are referring to.

Panderus from the Cryptic Studio Team stated that companions are unbindable and the option was there in BW4 by right clicking on an idle companion, even though it was not working correctly.

At the moment, you can make a companion idle and try to drag it to your inventory at which point a message come up with the amount of AD it will cost to unbind and a yes/no button. Clicking yes to unbind does not work though.

The original question was is this going to be fixed/implemented seeing as a Dev has stated you can unbind companions.
  • Options
    makevioomakevioo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if anybody knows this, but I was wondering if it were possible to have more than 1 companion out at once?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think there was a bug where you could at one stage but as I haven't seen any mention of it lately I assume that it has been fixed.
  • Options
    kitzakoskitzakos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, still not working for me.
  • Options
    mistwalk3rmistwalk3r Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still broken!!!
  • Options
    daelensaintdaelensaint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unbinding Companions still doesn't work. I am going to delete a character and I PAID for several companions and they now will not bind nor will they go idle on this character. I am angry in that I spent money for something that technically is EXPENSIVE from the Zen market. Using my own money, and am not happy about the fact I cannot save one of the bigger priced purchases from being deleted. WTF Cryptic? If I buy a companion and decide later to switch characters and would like X companion on a different character. I am not going to delete the character that companion is on if I cannot unbind the companion I paid money for, but I also will be starting to get pissed about a game that I had high expectations for. That said, Don't offer unbinding if it is not going to work. Warn players before they bind a companion that it will be permanently bound to a character. Otherwise it is just another money grabbing scheme, the absolute of people who care nothing about their customers nor the quality of their product. As long as customers keep paying out for a product that is sub par.

It's not like I can just use gold to pay for the unbind, nor can I save up said gold for anything besides health potions, a basic horse, or minor ability kits to open skill based things.

The companion unbinding needs to be fixed one way or another.

I know that me saying "I'm not going to put another dime into this game until some of the Zen issues get resolved" isn't going to matter. Since there are players who payout upwards on $200+ per week into the game anyway, just to "pay-to-win" in many aspects of the game.
  • Options
    stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    makevioo wrote: »
    Not sure if anybody knows this, but I was wondering if it were possible to have more than 1 companion out at once?

Check this thread out.

Short answer: Possible, yes. But likely an "unintended feature" (i.e., a bug.)
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hoping that this gets fixed soon. I was under the impression that I would be able to unbind my $30 stone companion from the zen store and use it on all my toons... I would have never spent that kind of money for one toon.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unbinding Companions still doesn't work. I am going to delete a character and I PAID for several companions and they now will not bind nor will they go idle on this character. I am angry in that I spent money for something that technically is EXPENSIVE from the Zen market. Using my own money, and am not happy about the fact I cannot save one of the bigger priced purchases from being deleted. WTF Cryptic? If I buy a companion and decide later to switch characters and would like X companion on a different character. I am not going to delete the character that companion is on if I cannot unbind the companion I paid money for, but I also will be starting to get pissed about a game that I had high expectations for. That said, Don't offer unbinding if it is not going to work. Warn players before they bind a companion that it will be permanently bound to a character. Otherwise it is just another money grabbing scheme, the absolute of people who care nothing about their customers nor the quality of their product. As long as customers keep paying out for a product that is sub par.

It's not like I can just use gold to pay for the unbind, nor can I save up said gold for anything besides health potions, a basic horse, or minor ability kits to open skill based things.

The companion unbinding needs to be fixed one way or another.

I know that me saying "I'm not going to put another dime into this game until some of the Zen issues get resolved" isn't going to matter. Since there are players who payout upwards on $200+ per week into the game anyway, just to "pay-to-win" in many aspects of the game.

I'd consider spending the $$ on zen for another character slot instead of deleting. The issue will be fixed sooner or later and you can then unbind those companions. Character slots are pretty cheap if I recall, much cheaper than new companions..
  • Options
    edwardloxaredwardloxar Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can unbind them by dragging them into the AH, then just removing the lot
  • Options
    ooinnooinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vornado71 wrote: »
    Are companions still not able to be unbound?

This has to be fixed :(

Would rather see the Training Tomes first :P
    fs_pc.png