test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter + Acolyte of Kelemvor?

dhairndhairn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So, I'm level 48 Guardian Fighter and for the most part, I love the class. That said, the higher level I get the more and more worthless my cleric companion is getting and the more health pots I'm chugging.

Without heals on some of the solo dungeon boss fights my guard meter doesn't last too long and I end up spending a lot of time kiting. Against one of the Lizard man bosses (who heals) in a recent dungeon... the fight lasted just shy of 30 minutes. The win was rewarding as heck, but there has to be a better way!

Anyway, I was thinking about picking up the Acolyte of Kelemvor... since she won't max out at level 15, but what level does she max out? Is she any good? Is it worth it?

Thanks!
Malcira
Post edited by dhairn on

Comments

• kisrukisru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dhairn wrote: »
    So, I'm level 48 Guardian Fighter and for the most part, I love the class. That said, the higher level I get the more and more worthless my cleric companion is getting and the more health pots I'm chugging.

Without heals on some of the solo dungeon boss fights my guard meter doesn't last too long and I end up spending a lot of time kiting. Against one of the Lizard man bosses (who heals) in a recent dungeon... the fight lasted just shy of 30 minutes. The win was rewarding as heck, but there has to be a better way!

Anyway, I was thinking about picking up the Acolyte of Kelemvor... since she won't max out at level 15, but what level does she max out? Is she any good? Is it worth it?

Thanks!
    Malcira

30 min LOL!
  • jerkerranerjerkerraner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imp laying as guardian fighter, and i have no ide how you play it:P but my guard is never stop to work, you jsut need to time it good on the very strong attacks, and ofc you are gonna use alot of potions, but i mean they arnt expensiv:)
  • xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    60 GF here... Your skills, feats, gear, or how you're playing seems off. I bring Anvil, the Shield frontal, and the 3 charge stun with me at all times for solo. Make's things go much faster.

While I agree it's slow, it isn't THAT slow. I also just use the Phoera/Fire Archon pet. Both of the healers are worthless. Although the -10% damage is almost nice enough to use in dungeons. The only heal is a life steal proc she gives you and you would need to load her up with the Dark enhancements (+LS on offensive)

Experiment with your skills and build, keep moving and don't just block, bring more AE skills, and up your blocking feats.

Buy pots, what else are you going to use gold on....
  • xromkaxromka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xervai wrote: »
    I also just use the Phoera/Fire Archon pet. ..

You have both of them? Looks very expensive for me :) Who you think is better for GF? Wererat and Honey Badger also AOE companions, why you not use them?
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say I really like the Galeb Durh, he willpull one or two adds off you and make it easy to single out a trager, this thing also hardly ever dies.
  • inzano424242inzano424242 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have an answer to the original question? at what level does the acolyte max out?
  • elanithelanith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone have an answer to the original question? at what level does the acolyte max out?

She maxes out at 25. 42 Guardian here who picked her up for -10% damage reduction in instances. I havent put a lot of effort into her gear, specificly putting a lot of lifesteal on her sense ive been going around with the other cleric, but that will be changing. As of right now the lifesteal seems lackluster (its a short duration buff, but has a quick cd so its up about half the time but you only get 1-2 hits before it drops again.) -10% damage buff seems to be always up once you get into combat which is nice.

the few times ive brought her out in instances she seems to do well, sense she isnt casting heal spells, mobs tend to leave her alone. Unfortunately many boss abilitites will target random party/pets and she suffers from the same problem all pets do; she will stand in the fire. bleh.