test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admins can you finally post with gmt?

darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I had to setup additional clock and im not yet sure ive done it right.
Please dont act like typical " 'murrican" company that doesnt think of international customers?
(there is a lot of those in f2p market and Cryptic so far doesnt look like one)

There are even sites that automatically convert posted time to usertimezone when he enters it.
It feels like a slap in the face.

Are you gmt -7 or what?
Post edited by darkwingz88 on

Comments

• encadiencadi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    Agree, even americans should know whats their time zone compared to GMT and would be helpful for ther est of the world
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its GMT -8

Though I thought they now wanted to change that to UTC instead of GMT...because the time keeper groups want to be difficult.

so UTC-8

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• rugiewitrugiewit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes... take a look at the globe.. there are living out there across the sea...
  • riftweaverriftweaver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to setup additional clock and im not yet sure ive done it right.
    dont act like typican 'murrican company that doesnt think of international customers?

There are even sites that automatically convert posted time to usertimezone when he enters it.
    It feels like a slap in the face.

Are you gmt -7 or what?

by the same logic, couldn't you use the same sites that automaticlly convert to find out what PST is for your precious gmt? its -8, by the way.
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why should I do something, company I'm supposed to spend money on, should in first place?
    Its not only about stupid converting time its about making people think they are cared about as consumers. Not second class citizens right now.
  • ana1963ana1963 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just go into the User CP and select your timezone there. Pretty much every decent forum software these days takes care of timexone offests.
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow, and I thought Americans had an "I'm the center of the universe" complex.
    edited May 2013
    ana1963 wrote: »
    Just go into the User CP and select your timezone there. Pretty much every decent forum software these days takes care of timexone offests.

wow im talking about admin posts and im quite sure it doesnt automatically parse every message to look for timezones and change them.

Look its not all about that I cant handle it - because I just got so annoyed I did. What ticks me off I had to be annoyed by that in the first place instead of taken care of - like those living in usa are.

I heard that country is all about equality and same rights for everyone - so why EU folks are taken care of less?

There was some dragon event today right? I read something in forums. It was in the middle of frickin night for the eu if so.
    edited May 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    Wow, and I thought Americans had an "I'm the center of the universe" complex.
    Its standard for all good companies to provide gmt as well.

Look at blizzard.
    They even go as far as using your windows clock, and converting from it to display in launcher correct time at wchich maintenance will occur. And im not asking for that.
  • droozeldroozel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was some dragon event today right? I read something in forums. It was in the middle of frickin night for the eu if so.

Thats nice! We need an EU server...
    edited May 2013
    droozel wrote: »
    Thats nice! We need an EU server...

Yeah sorry it looks like it was troll thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?186632-Dragon-in-Protector-Enclave/page2

Still i've seen this sort of events in f2p games that were timed only for usa players so im kinda cautious :/