test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF best companion

mnorbieu1mnorbieu1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello !

What do you think wich is the best comapnion for Questing and instance ?

The panther is very weak . I have a rank 15 healer , this one is very good both quest and instance too.

Only problem with it , the max rank is level 15 ... how can i upgrade it ?

thx
Post edited by mnorbieu1 on

Comments

• xromkaxromka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also cannot select companion fo GF, now me use cleric one , but he only 15 level and no of books in shop to upgrade.

I readed that many people use a cat or a ioun stone as passive companion in high lvl dungeons, but mainly comments about it from DPS classes.

If there is an experienced 60 GF which can give advice of a better companion for high levels will be grateful :)
  • ugibugibugiugibugibugi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    cleric no doubt. even if it can only be level 15. it still heals enough to keep you sustained the first 50 levels. after that it become a bit more tricky but still doable ^^
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a dog coz i like dogs.
  • fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you're a good GF the bird or the wererat are the best. AoE speeds up the kills. If you are not a good GF then cleric.
  • xromkaxromka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fcrowles wrote: »
    If you're a good GF the bird or the wererat are the best. AoE speeds up the kills. If you are not a good GF then cleric.
    Thanks for advice! will try some aoe companion.
    You mean this companions?
    Wererat Thief - Blue Quality - Striker - Aoe attacks. One poisons the other knocks back
    Fire Archon - PURPLE - Striker - One standard fire attack and one that deals damage over time. Third ability will increase the dot's damage based on your targets remaining hp.
    (Or you mean some other "bird" :) Fire Archon seems not have aoe atacks? )
    Also in zen market:
    Honey Badger - PURPLE - Striker - 3500 Zen - Two attacks, one is an aoe cleave that causes a bleed and the second is a single target bite.

Who do best aoe? Honey Badger looks nice :)
  • fcrowlesfcrowles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 136 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xromka wrote: »
    Thanks for advice! will try some aoe companion.
    You mean this companions?
    Wererat Thief - Blue Quality - Striker - Aoe attacks. One poisons the other knocks back
    Fire Archon - PURPLE - Striker - One standard fire attack and one that deals damage over time. Third ability will increase the dot's damage based on your targets remaining hp.
    (Or you mean some other "bird" :) Fire Archon seems not have aoe atacks? )
    Also in zen market:
    Honey Badger - PURPLE - Striker - 3500 Zen - Two attacks, one is an aoe cleave that causes a bleed and the second is a single target bite.

Who do best aoe? Honey Badger looks nice :)

I can't remember it's name the one in the Nightmare chest. Eorea or something weird. It's level 30 ability does persistent AoE Damage to everyone around it.
    The honey badger will do more damage because it can reach level 30, but I believe the wererat WILL outdamage the badger once the 'quality upgrader' is available. Also poison is sweet :D
  • ugibugibugiugibugibugi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    oh so we are talking about paying / not only the ones you can get from the companion quest? then screw the bird. get the angel of protection instead ;P only 360 ardent coins.
    edited May 2013
    oh so we are talking about paying / not only the ones you can get from the companion quest? then screw the bird. get the angel of protection instead ;P only 360 ardent coins.
    It's impossible to get that in under 360 days :)
    You can get the bird for astral diamonds and you can get astral diamonds for selling loot. If you get lucky after finishing the clock tower you can get a master mailsmith from the reward package and sell that for 200k AD and buy the bird for cheaper. BAM problem solved.