test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue's suck at PVP?

lolabunnielolabunnie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
/edit I shouldn't say "suck", maybe "weak" or "not the best" lol.

Does Rogue PVP get better at 60? Or should I re-roll? My Rogue is almost level 30 and so far the combat style of the Rogue seems gimped in comparison to other classes.

My few issues with it :

• The Shift button (aka dodge roll) feels like it should be some sort of Shadow Step when you have someone targeted. The gap closers are limited and makes it difficult to catch Ranged. The Dodge Roll stamina requirement also seems too high for being a Melee class.
  • Auto attacks stopping you while moving makes it hard to keep up with Ranged once you catch them. I can probably get 1 or 2 strikes in before it's back to chasing. It doesn't feel fluid.
  • Animation timing of "Dazing Strike" makes it incredibly hard to land after your opener. As soon as they see you, they run. Once they're running, good luck landing anything.
  • Stealth seems pretty weak.
  • Damage isn't threatening enough to justify being Melee and squishy.
Don't get me wrong, I'm only a low level. Maybe it gets better? Productive insight and advice?
Post edited by lolabunnie on

Comments

• tuubemantuubeman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if serious
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you're not specced correctly.
    My skills and feats focus on maximising single target DPS, staying in stealth as long as possible to get the most AP and tearing people down with dailies.
    Rogue's are stupidly powerful at the moment.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • treal512treal512 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just played a handful of PvP Domination rounds as a level 19 TR and dominated almost every round. Yes, attacking people who are running seems more difficult than it should be, but I am not finding faults with your other issues.

Can anyone answer this question for me: since I have reached level 20, I cannot play in PvP Domination anymore. Where can I access PvP now? Thanks!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, just wow.

/Snipped

EDIT:

Removed incredulous post after reality set in and I realised that no-one could possibly be serious about this.
    BTW 10/10 for the troll attempt - you really had me going there for a while.
  • zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.

/Snipped

EDIT:

Removed incredulous rant after reality set in and I realised that no-one could possibly be serious about this.
    BTW 10/10 for the troll attempt - you really had me going there for a while.

But, he even underlined and posted with bullet points.... I'm still not sure

- In all honesty, it's control wizards who need a buff in pvp. I'm thinking some sort of massive AOE chokehold type move. Why do they have just a single target one? CW's are aoe, so they should get massive aoe chokeholds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zalathorm7 wrote: »

- In all honesty, it's control wizards who need a buff in pvp. I'm thinking some sort of massive AOE chokehold type move. Why do they have just a single target one? CW's are aoe, so they should get massive aoe chokeholds.

Yeah I hope you and the OP are both trolling. Try playing a GWF in PvP, then come here and we can talk about it.
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Yeah I hope you and the OP are both trolling. Try playing a GWF in PvP, then come here and we can talk about it.

Agreed. The dude crying about CW's being UP in PVP is uneducated. CW's can completely annihilate ANYTHING 1v1. Or even 2v1 with his cc's if he plays correctly. I rolled a GFW today after reading all the qq and thinking it can't be that bad. But honestly it is. GFW's are so ****ing terrible. Their left click does the lowest damage out of any class in the game. How does that even make sense? Looooool.
  • jenkins79jenkins79 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »

I haven't seen anything other than rogues, CWs, and healers in PvP. In fact, most of the games I've seen come down to who has the most CWs on the choke.
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogues are strong, the problem is people playing them are noobs that stay invisible till they see someone with less than half hp. So what happends in that scenario that if you have 2 rogue noobs in your team then you play 3v5. I seen rogues doing score 35:0

What people playing rogue class should do is Invi> going on the back and start killing wizzard cleriks. If someone wait for last hits then it's his own fault that he lose.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. The dude crying about CW's being UP in PVP is uneducated. CW's can completely annihilate ANYTHING 1v1. Or even 2v1 with his cc's if he plays correctly. I rolled a GFW today after reading all the qq and thinking it can't be that bad. But honestly it is. GFW's are so ****ing terrible. Their left click does the lowest damage out of any class in the game. How does that even make sense? Looooool.

GWFs have one of the largest weapons in the game... It's clearly OP. If you want more DPS, they need to shorten your swords in the very least. You can have both mate. Pick one.

Also, the logic remains that CW's are aoe, thus, they should have aoe chokehold and not single target. I'm thinking a spammable at will in the range of 3000 meters would do it. To really bring CW's up to par, they should add a chill effect on the end of the chokehold. Finally, the animation should be the championship belt aaron rodgers style. THEN I would play a CW in pvp, as they would finally be balanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazzeimazzei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /\

So you paid 200 dollars to troll?

FFS.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    treal512 wrote: »
    I just played a handful of PvP Domination rounds as a level 19 TR and dominated almost every round. Yes, attacking people who are running seems more difficult than it should be, but I am not finding faults with your other issues.

Can anyone answer this question for me: since I have reached level 20, I cannot play in PvP Domination anymore. Where can I access PvP now? Thanks!

So you played a level 19 pvp capped instance at level 19 with probably level 19 gears while most of the other players are using level 11 gears. Yeah, you're probably going to dominate.
    edited May 2013

GFW dominates end game.
  • kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Only played around 6 PVPgames so far at lvl60 as CW. Rogues are dangerous, they crit for 12k :O, thats over half my health in a single blow. I really enjoy the PVP in this game, it's not perfect and it's not very balanced but it's fun.

Have to add one more thing, GWMs pwon in PVP. Hardest for me as CW but it all comes down to how good the player behind the champ is.
    edited May 2013
    kittledorf wrote: »
    Only played around 6 PVPgames so far at lvl60 as CW. Rogues are dangerous, they crit for 12k :O, thats over half my health in a single blow. I really enjoy the PVP in this game, it's not perfect and it's not very balanced but it's fun.

You're the squishiest class ingame. Stop CC-ing me please.
  • l0ll13sl0ll13s Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people shouldnt complain about any class.

for starters trickster rogues are not OP or too weak to be played during pvp just get the skillset right i know they have some sort of stun or whatever you want but they hardly use it so its easy to get away from them.(only point is if they are in stealth i as a control wizard can find out where they are wich shouldnt be possible if you ask me)

then you got the CW im playing this class and i have to say that i love it so far i can take on any class 1vs1 and depends who my opponents are even 2 vs1 or 3vs1. now i know alot of people think they are op cause they are ranged and with the stuns and stuff but its not our fault that you aim some1 else before us so that we mages can prevent you from running around and hitting people. just go for mages 1st if you hate them that much and youll see that itll become lots easier once they are gone

GWF this class i played in beta weekend 2 and during pvp its challenging but with his tab skill and his run its pretty easy to dps a target. and if you think his dmg is too low then you messed up cause GWF has massive amounts of damage.

so basicly all im saying is that you need to find ur own playing style while playing 1 of these chars each 1 of them can be OP if you play them correctly if you cant do that then dont go to pvp and practice in pve 1st and find the most satisfieing skillset for ur playing style.

TinyDevil - Beholder
  • corsar1ocorsar1o Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People saying this post is trolling are just too stupid to give a decent reply. You look so lame: "this is not serious" "is trolling", WTF? are you 10 years old or something?

I bet nobody that say that played the rogue, and I double bet that the same people are killed by rogues and because of that they think that the class is OP not even really knowing it.

All the points exposed in the first post are true, why don't you confirm yourselves?
  • ezkiyuezkiyu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    12k crit not even bad. some rogue got 20k crit on me insta kill. when a rogue is invisible, you should be able to hit him with aoe repel or sudden storm or something... and what is with those long distance daggers?!
    Death to all Rogues! -Tripnotik
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try playing any other class or better yet try the GWF and you will see how much potential rogues really have.

And I don't see how you can complain about the rogue Dodge roll vs other melee classes. First GF don't get a Sprint move, And Dodge roll is superior to Sprint for dodging attacks while sprint is good for running people down. PS the GWF does not even get a charge move like the rogue teleport, all of theres are either dailies or slow aoe's or short range dashes.
    edited May 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    Try playing any other class or better yet try the GWF and you will see how much potential rogues really have.

And I don't see how you can complain about the rogue Dodge roll vs other melee classes. First GF don't get a Sprint move, And Dodge roll is superior to Sprint for dodging attacks while sprint is good for running people down. PS the GWF does not even get a charge move like the rogue teleport, all of theres are either dailies or slow aoe's or short range dashes.

It's obvious the OP is trolling and trying to counter the other trolls that cries rogues are OP. Rogues are fine, lots of potential in good hands, but same goes for all the other classes. More people complain about Clerics being OP at 50+ anyways.
  • danticdantic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l0ll13s wrote: »
    people shouldnt complain about any class.

GWF this class i played in beta weekend 2 and during pvp its challenging but with his tab skill and his run its pretty easy to dps a target. and if you think his dmg is too low then you messed up cause GWF has massive amounts of damage.

TinyDevil - Beholder

So based on your vast experience as a GWF during BWE2, well before the nerf hammer of BWE4, you are saying that they do massive damage. :rolleyes:
  • smoke833smoke833 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Shift button (aka dodge roll) feels like it should be some sort of Shadow Step when you have someone targeted.

You already have the blink , its enough . Besides with Shift button used correctly you can dodge any CC

The gap closers are limited and makes it difficult to catch Ranged. The Dodge Roll stamina requirement also seems too high for being a Melee class.

You have feats and powers which increase stamina regen. Its your choice ... and your build.

Auto attacks stopping you while moving makes it hard to keep up with Ranged once you catch them. I can probably get 1 or 2 strikes in before it's back to chasing. It doesn't feel fluid.

If some1 is doing 1v1 with me without running .. I win as a rogue without losing more than 30% hp .. I beated 3 GWF once without dying ... ( 1 by 1 not all 3 at the same time :P ) . GWF Are the ones who need a big buff .

Animation timing of "Dazing Strike" makes it incredibly hard to land after your opener. As soon as they see you, they run. Once they're running, good luck landing anything.

Any skill used wih stealth have an improvement ( except daily ) . If you use Dazing Strike with stealth it has instant cast ...

Stealth seems pretty weak.

As I said earlier . Use it wisely !

Damage isn't threatening enough to justify being Melee and squishy.

Squishy ... not too realy .. if you use dodge well u can evade the stuns and stuff ...

Bonus Tips

- Don't try to stay back and in stealth until you find someone with low hp ... You will lose 80% of your battlegrounds
    - Try to use Dazing Strike well . If you succeeded silencing him go on and nuke him out ... if u missed it , try to avoid getting too much dmg until it is ready again .
    - One of the most op things in Battleground are those potions you can find on the map ... learn their spawn points and when you are low hp just get on the mount and try to regen your hp as fast as possible .
    - As a rogue is important to go for the 3RD point in Domination. You get so many points for getting a point so if you want to get cool items .. be one of the first 3 ppl in the scoreboard !

Cheers!
  • l0ll13sl0ll13s Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dantic wrote: »
    So based on your vast experience as a GWF during BWE2, well before the nerf hammer of BWE4, you are saying that they do massive damage. :rolleyes:

well yea cause i met some inside pvp ^^ and tbh they are more annoying as trickster rogues in sense of dmg and unable to stun them while using tab skill
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And it already happened gents. First of the unending mass of **** rogues who can't play properly qqing on the forum about 2nd if not 1st most op class being weak.
  • showatt0016showatt0016 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zalathorm7 wrote: »

hahaha-no.jpg?1298481592
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh they are running?

Pushes 6, hops on t3 mount

Oh my skills are cooled down, spam a daily as I run up on mount.

GG plox
  • stralgarr#4184 stralgarr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    most rogues spam the hell out of their knife throwing ability, then run away like the *****es they are.
  • xthemanimalxthemanimal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lolabunnie wrote: »
    /edit I shouldn't say "suck", maybe "weak" or "not the best" lol.

Does Rogue PVP get better at 60? Or should I re-roll? My Rogue is almost level 30 and so far the combat style of the Rogue seems gimped in comparison to other classes.

My few issues with it :

• The Shift button (aka dodge roll) feels like it should be some sort of Shadow Step when you have someone targeted. The gap closers are limited and makes it difficult to catch Ranged. The Dodge Roll stamina requirement also seems too high for being a Melee class.
    • Auto attacks stopping you while moving makes it hard to keep up with Ranged once you catch them. I can probably get 1 or 2 strikes in before it's back to chasing. It doesn't feel fluid.
    • Animation timing of "Dazing Strike" makes it incredibly hard to land after your opener. As soon as they see you, they run. Once they're running, good luck landing anything.
    • Stealth seems pretty weak.
    • Damage isn't threatening enough to justify being Melee and squishy.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm only a low level. Maybe it gets better? Productive insight and advice?

I strongly believe that Dazing Strike should make you invulnerable while in the animation. I mean, you teleport out of existence (or so it looks like it) but still get hit while you are "gone". =/