test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

**** question for Foundry

grimok1grimok1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I am working on my first foundry quest. As I am making it I have been unable to find how to place a campfire for regen. I can place respawn points, but I was wondering if someone could point me towards how to setup campfires.

**EDIT wow. apparently slang for new is profanity. : /
Post edited by grimok1 on

Comments

• nymbleshanksnymbleshanks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grimok1 wrote: »
    I am working on my first foundry quest. As I am making it I have been unable to find how to place a campfire for regen. I can place respawn points, but I was wondering if someone could point me towards how to setup campfires.

**EDIT wow. apparently slang for new is profanity. : /

In the Special section, it is called the Respawn object. It doesn't preview those objects since the rest are abstract, so it's easy to miss.

Edit: if you play your map from the map editor you should see the respawn points render as campfires with the blue ring. I had the same question last week. :)
  • grimtoadgrimtoad Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't make my own posts so I am going to ask my question here:

Is there a way to change the spawn point when transitioning into a Neverwinter Adventure map? I really dislike that I have my quest has you enter a door to a home and then when you leave the house you end up at the entrance to the zone, not the door you entered the house at.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grimtoad wrote: »
    I can't make my own posts so I am going to ask my question here:

Is there a way to change the spawn point when transitioning into a Neverwinter Adventure map? I really dislike that I have my quest has you enter a door to a home and then when you leave the house you end up at the entrance to the zone, not the door you entered the house at.

This should work properly after its published, it just doesnt work right in foundry.
  • grimok1grimok1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the Special section, it is called the Respawn object. It doesn't preview those objects since the rest are abstract, so it's easy to miss.

Edit: if you play your map from the map editor you should see the respawn points render as campfires with the blue ring. I had the same question last week. :)
    I tried running through in the foundry test mode and no campfire showed up. : /
  • nezroy123nezroy123 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That probably means it is spawning somewhere unusual, like inside geometry or underneath stuff you have placed. Check the Y coord/method, make sure it's set to be somewhere reasonable.
    Quests: Fate of the Bonnie Kate (NW-DE6K6H63Q)
  • grimok1grimok1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nezroy123 wrote: »
    That probably means it is spawning somewhere unusual, like inside geometry or underneath stuff you have placed. Check the Y coord/method, make sure it's set to be somewhere reasonable.

ya that's what it was. Thanks for all the help all!
  • tonttutonttu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't I post my own topic? I am sorry to also hijack but....

I want a SMALL rock. Their "small" rock is like a minor plateau. Anyone know if we can change the size of objects?
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can rotate and move, but not change the scale or size of objects.
  • nymbleshanksnymbleshanks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also drop it down the vertical axis so that most of the rock is underground and only the tip is visible.