test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character transfer

mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is there any way to move my character over to another shard?
Post edited by mondoid on

Comments

• Options
    llamallama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That would be my question. Beyond putting in a ticket and asking I don't know if they will even then.

I have the same desire. Normally I would just re-roll my character but I cashed in the 600,000 AD and I'm not about to flush that down the toilet. Suppose its the issue for randomly picking a server in head start without telling my friends where to go. Asking a whole guild to re-roll on my server is a bit out of the question.

So yes as the OP said, it would be nice if it were easy (even with zen).
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There is no way to transfer characters between shards because the shards themselves are temporary.

After a period of time when the need for multiple shards is lost the game will revert back into a true single server architecture system. In the long run this won't be a problem what-so-ever so time developing that system would not be worthwhile.

You can of course decide to play alternate characters on different shards if you like and simply leave mains where they were. Perhaps you'll find out you prefer the new characters anyway? ;)

But I am sorry there's no way to transfer characters between shards and it won't be developed.
    (last I heard)
  • Options
    llamallama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no way to transfer characters between shards because the shards themselves are temporary.

After a period of time when the need for multiple shards is lost the game will revert back into a true single server architecture system. In the long run this won't be a problem what-so-ever so time developing that system would not be worthwhile.

You can of course decide to play alternate characters on different shards if you like and simply leave mains where they were. Perhaps you'll find out you prefer the new characters anyway? ;)

But I am sorry there's no way to transfer characters between shards and it won't be developed.
    (last I heard)

Well is there any way I could delete the character on 1 server and some how get to cash in the 600,000 AD on another character? That's really my only concern. The game is fun enough that leveling up again is fine, its the loss of my founder reward that concerns me. I know its a 1 time thing, but I'm curious in that regard. I would rather not hog up a character slot not knowing when they will combine the shards.

And thank you for responding, by the way. :)
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why wouldnt you just make a new account and reroll on the share you want?
    Take less than 28 hours to level to 60.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    why wouldnt you just make a new account and reroll on the share you want?
    Take less than 28 hours to level to 60.

Founder reward. Flushing 600,000 AD down the toilet is a hard pill to swallow.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There's a way involving the way exchanging AD for Zen works.

Something along the lines of putting AD for a stupidly high zen value so nobody would buy it. If you then cancel the offer it goes back into an account wide pool that you can pull from.
    Worst comes to worse you end up with a bunch of Zen for overpriced AD.

At least that is what whispers I have heard. I'm not familiar on how that works personally.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Really! I'll take a look into that then. :) I would assume it goes back to the original character, but I will try anyways. Thanks for the tip.

Update:

Looks like only characters on the same server may be able to withdraw. I did that and my other characters aren't seeing it on the balance. :\ Well hope the GMs can maybe do me a favor then.
  • Options
    sirnaabalotsirnaabalot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

(last I heard)

Why would your need of multiple shards is going to be lost? Sounds like you expect to lose the players :)
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would your need of multiple shards is going to be lost? Sounds like you expect to lose the players :)

There is always a downturn in population, on any game, especially mmos.
  • Options
    meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plus the shards will eventually be merged from what I have heared/read
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • Options
    nitluznitluz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi all, I also have this same exact issue. I created a character on the Dragon shard, real life friends chose Mindflayer so i rerolled there. I had already withdrawn my 600k AD without knowing exactly how it worked. I put in a ticket to PWE through the website and this was the response i got,

"Hello, I understand you have a gameplay inquiry. Here are some resources that you have at your disposal:
    Our Neverwinter forums: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forum.php
    Our Neverwinter Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki
    Here at Customer Service, we work with players who have gameplay problems, for example being stuck in the
    terrain or harassed by another player
    Actual in-game strategies, NPC locations, item uses, etc.. are things that we leave up to the players to figure out
    themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery and become more capable players in the process

Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!"

I also have a ticket into in game support and am hoping for a better response than that from PWE. I no longer want the character transferred I would just like the AD on the shard. I also tested the zen conversion to find out that it's shard only. The conversion rate also causes you to lose AD when cancelling. It cost me 50000 AD and upon cancelling I only got 10000 back. So I don't recommend attempting to sell and cancel.

Thanks you for creating this ticket and I hope a Neverwinter/Cryptic employee reads this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nitluz wrote: »
    Hi all, I also have this same exact issue. I created a character on the Dragon shard, real life friends chose Mindflayer so i rerolled there. I had already withdrawn my 600k AD without knowing exactly how it worked. I put in a ticket to PWE through the website and this was the response i got,

"Hello, I understand you have a gameplay inquiry. Here are some resources that you have at your disposal:
    Our Neverwinter forums: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forum.php
    Our Neverwinter Wiki: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Neverwinter_Wiki
    Here at Customer Service, we work with players who have gameplay problems, for example being stuck in the
    terrain or harassed by another player
    Actual in-game strategies, NPC locations, item uses, etc.. are things that we leave up to the players to figure out
    themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery and become more capable players in the process

Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!"

I also have a ticket into in game support and am hoping for a better response than that from PWE. I no longer want the character transferred I would just like the AD on the shard. I also tested the zen conversion to find out that it's shard only. The conversion rate also causes you to lose AD when cancelling. It cost me 50000 AD and upon cancelling I only got 10000 back. So I don't recommend attempting to sell and cancel.

Thanks you for creating this ticket and I hope a Neverwinter/Cryptic employee reads this.

I got it all back. It is rather inconvenient. They should at least give the option to use zen to transfer, but it doesn't look like it will happen. I just want my AD. :\
  • Options
    nitluznitluz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    llama wrote: »
    I got it all back. :\

You got all your AD back?
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nitluz wrote: »
    You got all your AD back?

Yeah, it sounds like you did something wrong, or there was a glitch. You typically don't lose anything using the Zen exchange method.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I could very well be dumb! I put it at 100z for 500AD, bringing what i have to spend to 50000. Upon cancelling i received 5000 back. But I would like the ability to transfer it back. Or at least Cryptic or PWE respond to my question without a generic response. I'd be happy with a "nope, cant do that" Not sure what I expect from a free to play, even though I did buy a founders back. (not complaining just commenting)
  • Options
    ceannardceannard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's been thet plan to merge all the shards into one. They only created three for the open beta.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Good idea, except Zen is capped at 500AD per, which is not far from the median.

wrong way ! List AD for 1 zen = 50 AD . This way you offering your AD for the lowest rate , no one will take it . If you put it up for 1 zen = 500 AD it will be grabbed up so quick you will have zen but no diamonds . And then have to buy AD at the 400ish rate currently .
    Or better yet just leave it on that toon , and when the servers merge you will have it .
  • Options
    sirnaabalotsirnaabalot Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ceannard wrote: »
    It's been thet plan to merge all the shards into one. They only created three for the open beta.

And is there any info about the time of this event? I don't really want to restart my character...
  • Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm hoping you guys don't consider this tread necromancy but when will the shards merger? The game went Live but there are still shards listed.
  • Options
    odee24odee24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm asking the same question. anybody?
  • Options
    damianlightbanedamianlightbane Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would also like to know.. just found out i have another group of friends that is on Mindflayer while im on dragon.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And is there any info about the time of this event? I don't really want to restart my character...

It will happen when cryptic is ready.
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    The way this works between shards is as follows.

If you never assigned the 600,000 to a character and it is left as a reward to be claimed any character on the account can claim it on ANY shard. If you assigned it to a character it is only available on that shard. The pool in the AD/zen store can be used by any character on the shard but is not available to any character on any other shard.

Checked all that out once.
  • Options
    dolandiusdolandius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looking forward for news about the merge as well.
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Soon `@copyright Cryptic -PWE
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaelithe wrote: »
    The way this works between shards is as follows.

If you never assigned the 600,000 to a character and it is left as a reward to be claimed any character on the account can claim it on ANY shard. If you assigned it to a character it is only available on that shard. The pool in the AD/zen store can be used by any character on the shard but is not available to any character on any other shard.

Checked all that out once.
    Zen is shared across shards.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    parp12 wrote: »
    Zen is shared across shards.

This exactly. If you want to move AD across shards. Convert it all to zen. The zen will be available on all shards. So you can convert it back to AD on the shard you like.

Yes you will loose a little in the exchange. But that can be mitigated by careful timing and knowing how best to play each shards markets. There is potential to.actually profit if the exchange rates between the two shards are significantly different and in your favor.
This discussion has been closed.